What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado vs Michigan 9/17

For those of you going, a couple of places to try:

Zingerman's sandwich shop - expensive, but you won't find a better deli in Michigan

Blimpy Burger - one of the best burger joints in the Midwest

Jolly Pumpkin Brewery - Michigan has some of the best microbrews in the country and Jolly Pumpking is great. They specialize in sour beers that have been aged in barrels. The El Rojo is my personal favorite.
Downgrade.

For those of you going, a couple of places to try:

Zingerman's sandwich shop - expensive, but you won't find a better deli in Michigan

Blimpy Burger - one of the best burger joints in the Midwest

Jolly Pumpkin Brewery - Michigan has some of the best microbrews in the country and Jolly Pumpking is great. They specialize in sour beers that have been aged in barrels. The El Rojo is my personal favorite.
Cute.

Edit: To clarify, Michigan does produce some good beer. But still...

Hello Buffs! Michigan fan here. What are you all thinking about our game. It will be our first P5 game and, quite frankly, one of the bigger home games this year (OSU, MSU and Iowa are all away). We are pretty optimistic about our team this year, but it's preseason so everybody is. I don't know much about your team (that's why I'm here), but have always respected the Buffalos.

I do have a connection to the Buffalos: one of my college coaches, Pete Schinnick, was a former player at Colorado. He was good coach and a better mentor.
It's hard to be both optimistic and realistic about this game for Buff fans. We have a long history of poor play on the road, and naturally the better the opponent, the poorer the play. We're probably 2-3 TDs better at home than on the road. Otherwise I think most of the team strengths & weaknesses have been covered. I'll repeat that turnovers have been a nagging deficiency the last couple of years, and our QB seems to have a knack for delivering a TO at the worst possible moment. But it's a new year and everything could be different.

Probably lose.. You played Utah last year and lost by more than we did. We beat you in a lot of rankings like yards allowed etc... If the game was here I think we would have a shot at a upset. But being in the big house I am not to confident. We will all have a better idea after we see how our first game turns out.

4am.....

Last edited:
The thing about that game that still sticks with me was the Hail Mary shouldn't have been necessary. We killed ourselves with turnovers and penalties, stopped ourselves basically. On the other hand, I'm glad it went down like it did. That game will live long after we are gone because of how it did end. I'll take that.

Cute.

Edit: To clarify, Michigan does produce some good beer. But still...

He is right. Michigan is top quality for beer.

Founders, Bells, Shorts, Jolly Pumpkin, New Holland and HopCat are all top notch

3 of the top 10 beers (zymurgy) are from Michigan, which is second behind California and their billion of breweries, which had four.
2 of the top 10 breweries (zymurgy) are from Michigan

New Holland and Jolly Pumpkin distributes here and Bells has a few beers twice a year, but the others are not available in Colorado yet.

Also try to get some Three Floyds from Indiana if you can find it. It will change your life.

He is right. Michigan is top quality for beer.

Founders, Bells, Shorts, Jolly Pumpkin, New Holland and HopCat are all top notch

3 of the top 10 beers (zymurgy) are from Michigan, which is second behind California and their billion of breweries, which had four.
2 of the top 10 breweries (zymurgy) are from Michigan

New Holland and Jolly Pumpkin distributes here and Bells has a few beers twice a year, but the others are not available in Colorado yet.

Also try to get some Three Floyds from Indiana if you can find it. It will change your life.

Three Floyds is amazing, but with so many great breweries, I tend to stay with Michigan brews. While Founders and Bells get most of the attention (and rightfully so), New Holland, Shorts, Dark Horse, Black Rock and Jolly Pumpkin all make some world class beers. Even breweries that only sell from their resaruant have won awards.

What are some of the beers that Colorado is known for?

Looks to be a low scoring affair.

Could be. I think the key is being able to cover our receivers without help. If you can do that, then you can load up on the run. Our backs are grinders, they get the tough yards, but won't break a long one. Keeping them in check is key. If you have to load up the box to stop the run, our TE's will run free all day, and they are very good. If we are going to lose, it's going to be a low scoring game, IMO.

Three Floyds is amazing, but with so many great breweries, I tend to stay with Michigan brews. While Founders and Bells get most of the attention (and rightfully so), New Holland, Shorts, Dark Horse, Black Rock and Jolly Pumpkin all make some world class beers. Even breweries that only sell from their resaruant have won awards.

What are some of the beers that Colorado is known for?

List is too long to list.

Here is who was at the Boulder Beer Fest: https://www.boulderdowntown.com/craft-beer-festival/breweries

The Denver Beef Fest is bigger: Brewers

Nationally, you'd know Coors and New Belgium (Fat Tire).

Locally, I'm an Avery guy. O'Dell's is up there. Mountain Sun is probably the best local brewer, but they don't bottle so you have to go to one of their restaurants. Living here turned me into a beer snob.

beer fighting with michigan people. wow.

fat tire is the new coors for the last decade. amazingly less than it used to be. .

i also agree with Mountain Sun. cool place.

finkel and garf is the new "hot beer"......good guys...but the beer is a lot sweet for me.

Upslope, Avery, all have brewery tours around town.

october-3-1994-sports-illustrated-covercollege-football-colorado-in-picture-id109684180

I personally am just hoping it isn't an embarrassing blowout...

Bells is amazing and have some great beer! I actually go online and order it from time to time and they'll deliver it to my door which is sweet.

Great divide, Breckinridge, Avery, boulder beer, new Belgium, left hand, Denver beer, tivoli, epic, big choice, renegade and there seems to be a million more smaller ones all over now. I know beer, I'm always buying something new haha. The case at total beverage is a good 4-5 coolers long now of colorado brewed beers.

I personally am just hoping it isn't an embarrassing blowout...

Bells is amazing and have some great beer! I actually go online and order it from time to time and they'll deliver it to my door which is sweet.

Great divide, Breckinridge, Avery, boulder beer, new Belgium, left hand, Denver beer, tivoli, epic, big choice, renegade and there seems to be a million more smaller ones all over now. I know beer, I'm always buying something new haha. The case at total beverage is a good 4-5 coolers long now of colorado brewed beers.

What Bells beers have you tried?

Porter, Kalamazoo stout and the two hearted ale. Two hearted was the 1st one because I wanted to date a hot (CSU student, please don't shun me!!!!) chick from Michigan. She told me she missed home and that beer. I googled for hours till I found a place to send it to me in the mail. Needless to say, that night went well :) it's a great beer!

Back