What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado vs Michigan 9/17

Holy crap! That was a great first half. If your QB hadn't got hurt, it would have been anybody's game (hopefully, he won't be out long). Those CB's might be the best we see during the regular season and the speed you have on offense is incredible. I think you will win your division and give the North division winner a run for their money.

Thanks for being great hosts! I have always like Colorado (even after '94). I hope this isn't the last time we play each other! Good luck and I will be rooting for you the entire year!

Holy crap! That was a great first half. If your QB hadn't got hurt, it would have been anybody's game (hopefully, he won't be out long). Those CB's might be the best we see during the regular season and the speed you have on offense is incredible. I think you will win your division and give the North division winner a run for their money.

Thanks for being great hosts! I have always like Colorado (even after '94). I hope this isn't the last time we play each other! Good luck and I will be rooting for you the entire year!
Thanks Yooper. Our secondary is good, and Awuzie is exceptional. Not sure we win our division, but I'd like to get to a bowl for once. We need to patch up our special teams.

Good game, and thanks for stopping back. Tell Harbs to eat a bag of dicks, but everybody else is cool.

Gamboa's speed is not really a liability against Michigan IMO. We actually match up reasonably well on defense.

Offense is going to be the bigger issue, could see a lot of mistakes on that side of the ball.
This is why I try not to speculate too much. I don't have a clue. I know Duff has a much better grasp on the state of Buffs football than I do and he misses out of his gut feelings too.

Man. We had this game though. We did. Ghost of Neinas haunted us.

Thanks for stopping by. Great first half of football. Good luck to you!

I won't bother to try and analyze the game - plenty of that here already.

My general impressions from Ann Arbor:
- Perhaps it's nub syndrome, but I found everyone in Ann Arbor to be friendly and welcoming. The ticket takers, the concession people, and the Michigan fans who surrounded us on all sides. Got a lot of "good luck" before the game, and a lot of "you scared the crap out of us" after.
- CU fans represented well. I saw lots of folks in CU gear on Thursday and Friday around Detroit and Ann Arbor. On Saturday, the visiting sections were full, and there were (guessing) several hundred CU fans scattered throughout the east sideline stands. We were pretty loud for a quarter ..... :p
- CU will probably face a much louder crowd this week in Autzen. Michigan Stadium, even with the new structures at the top of both sidelines, is just not as noisy as you would think. No doubt, it gets noisy, but not to an extreme level. Mostly due to design, but also due to the fact that Michigan fans tend to politely clap their approval rather than yell. I found that kind of odd.
- I found Michigan's constant self-flaggilation with PA messages to be a little condescending and way annoying. I really don't need James Earl Jones bellowing to me that Michigan is "the greatest university in the world". I get that UM is a great school. I get that UM people are proud of their school. One or two messages in this vein would probably be tolerable. But after about the fifth one, I really wanted to punch a puppy.

A couple shots I took:
IMG_0262.JPG IMG_0265.JPG

Everyone coming back with reports from the game, thank you.

One comment on the MU fans: it's easy to be gracious when you think your team is going to dominate before the game, have a moment where it actually becomes a competitive game, then win comfortably.

If we beat those guys by 21 or were in the middle of a back and forth series where they viewed us as a threat, suddenly the fans tone becomes decidedly different. It might be moderated a bit by mid-western politeness, but it would still be different.

Untrue. UM fans are generally gracious, win or lose. They don't rub it in when they win, don't become sore losers when they lose. But they also aren't fanatics like Corn****ers or SEC teams - as mentioned by Boulder77, they clap instead of cheering wildly on a good play. College football is a show they enjoy to watch, clearly by the 100,000 plus every home game, but the sport doesn't run their lives.

IMO, top tier schools (eg Stanford) and schools located in vibrant cities (eg USC) tend to not to have the crazy die hard fans, which is why it's so hard for us to hate P12 schools in general like we did in the Big12. It kinda also suits our profile if you look at the student population and their (lack of) support for the team.

Untrue. UM fans are generally gracious, win or lose. They don't rub it in when they win, don't become sore losers when they lose. But they also aren't fanatics like Corn****ers or SEC teams - as mentioned by Boulder77, they clap instead of cheering wildly on a good play. College football is a show they enjoy to watch, clearly by the 100,000 plus every home game, but the sport doesn't run their lives.

IMO, top tier schools (eg Stanford) and schools located in vibrant cities (eg USC) tend to not to have the crazy die hard fans, which is why it's so hard for us to hate P12 schools in general like we did in the Big12. It kinda also suits our profile if you look at the student population and their (lack of) support for the team.
You highlighted the key word yourself. Being a threat will pull the few dickheads out of the cellar. I wasn't intending to say it would be the general fan.

Everyone coming back with reports from the game, thank you.

One comment on the MU fans: it's easy to be gracious when you think your team is going to dominate before the game, have a moment where it actually becomes a competitive game, then win comfortably.

If we beat those guys by 21 or were in the middle of a back and forth series where they viewed us as a threat, suddenly the fans tone becomes decidedly different. It might be moderated a bit by mid-western politeness, but it would still be different.
Do they sit the **** down when they are in front of old people?

Good post @boulder77. I also got a slight impression of them viewing themselves as elitist, especially when I took the Crisler Center and stadium tour on Friday. But they have tremendous support without a doubt. They continuously touted how when you attended a game at Michigan Stadium that you would be part of the largest crowd in college football for that day, but I bet it ate at them when they couldn't claim that a week earlier when the Bristol game was taking place. :LOL:

Back