What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU Game Week Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerdough was right!! He didn't mean KD (even though he said it numerous times)

sucks-happy-gilmore.gif

I'm happy to let him have this one. But he needs to stop bringing it up. Smells of desperation for personal attention and validation. And, as you said, the truth is that he was way off on everything except for manifesting belief that CU football will be great again.

I don't think Boulder could have asked for a better morning.

There isn’t a single campus in the country that can compete with this. Looks like a postcard.
I believe applications will soar after this, especially from out of state. Who wouldn't want to attend college on a campus this beautiful?

I believe applications will soar after this, especially from out of state. Who wouldn't want to attend college on a campus this beautiful?
The other thing that does is bring in more students who see going to sporting events as a big part of the college experience. Student section is going to be taken to another level in the next few years.

CU hasn't had a problem with attracting out-of-state students what hopefully changes is being able to be more selective. In a rapidly growing area and one with numerous high-profile companies, CU needs to get better academically and leverage degree programs in growth job markets. Prime is opening up the possibility for CU to transform into a leading regional university if the administration is willing to put in the work. As a graduate from one of the worst-run departments, it cannot come soon enough for it and many others. The rot was deep at CU and the football program is hopefully the first step in excising all of it.

No kidding, wasn’t “trusting this staff to take CU all the way” his schtick? I guess tanking their way to the worst team was part of the process?

CU hasn't had a problem with attracting out-of-state students what hopefully changes is being able to be more selective. In a rapidly growing area and one with numerous high-profile companies, CU needs to get better academically and leverage degree programs in growth job markets. Prime is opening up the possibility for CU to transform into a leading regional university if the administration is willing to put in the work. As a graduate from one of the worst-run departments, it cannot come soon enough for it and many others. The rot was deep at CU and the football program is hopefully the first step in excising all of it.
A day like today, a few weeks like we have been having since TCU, change the entire dynamic of corporate sponsorship and that is likely to be the biggest area of change we see immediately.

The AD isn't going to have to go out hat in hand looking for companies who want their names inside of Folsom. Now we aren't just talking about 35,000 fans seeing it, we are talking about national TV audiences seeing it, now we are talking about corporate officers bringing business associates to their corporate suite and seeing the company name flashing for all to see.

Beyond that this all smells of winner. I have talked about this before but the people who control these corporate dollars see themselves as winners, they want others to see them as winners, they want to associate and be associated with winners.

What is the value of getting a fortune 500 CEO and/or CFO/etc. on campus for a game and giving them a tour of Leeds or Engineering or other programs. Tell them that writing a check to the program of their choice will get them in front of the best and brightest that CU has to offer, puts them in line for the top internship seeking students, etc.

Finishing up the Sal Aunese documentary and will head downtown for dinner and then to Folsom for the game.
Is the Sal doc available free somewhere?

The beautiful weather and mountain drop back are a real plus during the morning shows.

Watching the GA game reminds you anything can happen. I'm hoping we set out to play our best fundamental game every play, rather than being over emotional and going for revenge - that can get sideways.

A day like today, a few weeks like we have been having since TCU, change the entire dynamic of corporate sponsorship and that is likely to be the biggest area of change we see immediately.

The AD isn't going to have to go out hat in hand looking for companies who want their names inside of Folsom. Now we aren't just talking about 35,000 fans seeing it, we are talking about national TV audiences seeing it, now we are talking about corporate officers bringing business associates to their corporate suite and seeing the company name flashing for all to see.

Beyond that this all smells of winner. I have talked about this before but the people who control these corporate dollars see themselves as winners, they want others to see them as winners, they want to associate and be associated with winners.

What is the value of getting a fortune 500 CEO and/or CFO/etc. on campus for a game and giving them a tour of Leeds or Engineering or other programs. Tell them that writing a check to the program of their choice will get them in front of the best and brightest that CU has to offer, puts them in line for the top internship seeking students, etc.

Colorado has ties with the Walton family through both Avalanche/Nuggets and Broncos Ownership groups. If I am high up in the university I am trying to get stakeholders in either of them to the USC game. Investing in local efforts for the ultra-wealthy is a nice way to both reduce tax burdens and seem less like outsiders. The high-profile alumni of CU aren't in a position to be the type to invest in the academic side of the university so it requires turning to new faces and the growth in the state. Boulder has the potential cultural cache to impress the right people for someone looking to have a legacy in higher education. It is already a wealthy city in an attractive location what is needed is the brag/hype factor for the institution for someone to invest in something like Leeds, which Prime is driving.

Colorado has ties with the Walton family through both Avalanche/Nuggets and Broncos Ownership groups. If I am high up in the university I am trying to get stakeholders in either of them to the USC game. Investing in local efforts for the ultra-wealthy is a nice way to both reduce tax burdens and seem less like outsiders. The high-profile alumni of CU aren't in a position to be the type to invest in the academic side of the university so it requires turning to new faces and the growth in the state. Boulder has the potential cultural cache to impress the right people for someone looking to have a legacy in higher education. It is already a wealthy city in an attractive location what is needed is the brag/hype factor for the institution for someone to invest in something like Leeds, which Prime is driving.
The extended family also owns a massive ranch (for Boulder County standards) above Boulder

The extended family also owns a massive ranch (for Boulder County standards) above Boulder
Steuart Walton graduated from CU in some capacity which only adds to the Colorado ties for that family. Sell one on being the foundational piece for a potential elite academic institution in one of the fast-growing regions of the country. There are few reasons why CU shouldn't be closer to a Michigan in both academics and athletics than a Kansas State other than failure at every level of the institution to leverage its unique advantages.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back