What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU gets major facility upgrade

aerial.jpg

The Hughes location would be like Chitaqua, but with the land deforested and stripped of vegetation...and the Flatirons bulldozed...and a lake were created in their place.

**** it. It's useless to make that comparison. There is no comparison.

university-of-colorado-stadiums-folsom-field-football-game-at-folsom-field-co-s-ff-00029md.jpg

Beauty yes, Folsom hands down. However Horsetooth is a pretty cool place. Lots of back coves and there are a lot of forested areas on the west side of the lake. Good fishing lake!

They don't need to move their "stadium" to their campus. The should move the campus to be around the stadium. There's plenty of land, and they probably realize it's time to just scrap what they have on campus and start fresh.

They don't need to move their "stadium" to their campus. The should move the campus to be around the stadium. There's plenty of land, and they probably realize it's time to just scrap what they have on campus and start fresh.

There's a great deal of land just to the South of the main campus that would work just fine for a football stadium. They should have done that 30 years ago. They should do it now. They won't.

I think it's too hard to find Soviet trained architects to recreate the architecture of the current campus...

OK, making fun of CSU is fun and all, but that stadium is not a mile from the foothills. It's right next to them. That pic was probably taken from the hillside.

That site is horrible for a stadium. It's in the middle of a residential neighborhood. There are two roads in and out of the stadium, and both are just two lane roads. As was noted, there are no bars or restaurants anywhere close to the stadium. Whoever the rocket scientist was who came up with the plan to build that stadium on that spot was a certified moron. It's not like there wasn't plenty of land closer to the campus that they could have used. DUMB. And the truly sad part is that they'll never be able to correct the mistake. They're stuck with it. Forever.

On the other hand, they won't notice it much when they dismantle their football program. It won't be like there's a giant stadium in the middle of campus to remind them of what they USED to have.

My guess: he owned the land.

too cheap to spring for concrete?

Yes they are, the one time I went there it had just rained and we were parked in the mud. We had to go through the mud to get into the stadium and then through the mud again to leave. With that said who wants to get tickets to see Boise St. stomp them this year and make an allbuffs event out of it? I think we have an away game that week.

Yes they are, the one time I went there it had just rained and we were parked in the mud. We had to go through the mud to get into the stadium and then through the mud again to leave. With that said who wants to get tickets to see Boise St. stomp them this year and make an allbuffs event out of it? I think we have an away game that week.

ummm... watch the away game on TV?

Pretty funny stuff.

That said, Creatini continues to amaze me at how bad he is as a trash talker. Freaking awful, just stop.

seriously.... we are in a great position now with the Pac-12.... no need to hate on little brother.... We got ours....

Fantastic idea.

This is more sad than anything... we neednt be taking any cheapshots at our neighbors, if they had more money/resources/ticket sales they would be doing more with it. All they can do now is lay down some cheap asphault and plant some seedlings.

This is more sad than anything... we neednt be taking any cheapshots at our neighbors, if they had more money/resources/ticket sales they would be doing more with it. All they can do now is lay down some cheap asphault and plant some seedlings.

This.

I also lament the fact that planners at CSU did such a terrible job in the location and architecture of their stadium. They could have been so much better.

awlsome

Pac 12 expansion isnt complete and LS is certainly looking at CSU and BYU as possible counterparts for the newly added schools. The rams need to get their **** together and improve the football experience in FC. I think it would be ideal to have the Rams with us in the south division

Pac 12 expansion isnt complete and LS is certainly looking at CSU and BYU as possible counterparts for the newly added schools. The rams need to get their **** together and improve the football experience in FC. I think it would be ideal to have the Rams with us in the south division

:ban:

Dude!

Putting aside the CSU stuff, BYU is very unlikely to ever be part of an expanded Pac-12 conference.

Putting aside the CSU stuff, BYU is very unlikely to ever be part of an expanded Pac-12 conference.

But if you don't put aside the CSU you stuff, CSU and BYU are very unlikely to ever be part of an expanded Pac-12 conference.

I seriously doubt the Pac would allow BYU into the mix. CSU, on the other hand, would be a possibility if they could get their act together. I just don't see that happening, though. They have so far to go and are so far behind other schools. I just don't see the commitment from the alumni, the fans, the administration or the community of Ft. Collins.

If Larry is looking at csu for expansion, than it would negate every genius move he has made so far.

I'm not a CSU hater, I did grad school there and wish them well except when they are playing the Buffs.

That said the idea that the PAC12 or the Big XII would have interest in them is beyond a joke right now. Even when they were winning they had trouble drawing over 30k for home games, now that they are down they have slipped under 24k average home attendance and for a number of games have been under 20k. This is all with ticket prices that are substantially below the norm for schools in AQ conferences. The last time they were in a bowl game the TV rating for the bowl were the second lowest of that entire bowl season, only ahead of New Orleans bowl with the Sun Belt champion. They are also notoriously bad in terms of road attendence, they just don't travel well.

As much as we would like to think otherwise college football is a business, money is what makes the decisions and right now no AQ conference is going go after a school that they don't see as bringing their conference significant income potential through ticket sales and more importantly through TV viewership.

Even if CSU were to get back to where they were when they had their glory years the revenue generated simply wouldn't justify giving up a revenue share to them.

In the western US there are a number of other schools that would be way ahead of CSU in desirability for expansion. BYU would already be in an AQ conference if not for their being a pain in the neck to deal with. Air Force brings home attendance of around 45k, travels extreemly well, especially in areas with a strong military presence and has historically been a popular TV team in ratings. New Mexico has a disaster of a football program but they are the sports franchise in their state in the middle of a fast growing city closing in on 1 million people. San Diego State has a much bigger media market but has never been able to capture much interest, on the other hand Boise is in a smaller but fast growing area and is the only show, they are likely way ahead of CSU in revenue and revenue potential.

This doesn't even consider the Texas schools that would be in line ahead of CSU, UTEP with a city of over 1 milliion, Houston, SMU, and Rice all of which have SWC history.

As college football continues to get even more money driven with the new media contracts it will be harder and harder for the lower revenue schools to stay competitive. Any hope of CSU making a move forward is based on their returning to winning ways but with one of the lowest football budgets in the MWC and a long time history of losing the chances of that happening are pretty slim. Even if they do return to winning their targets based on past times when they were winning their revenue would not be a target for an AQ conference.

Looking at the total program and what is happening in college football I see their future as much more likely ending up in FCS where their resources would allow them to be a successfull program and expenses would be much lower.

Back