What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU stadium

Yep. Nearly all of that stuff looked completely unnecessary to fix. Also I had to LOL at the locker rooms. And CSU fans say with a straight face that their facilities are better

Just saw that the CSU locker rooms were redone 4 years ago.... the ones in the video were VISITOR locker rooms :lol: - Why waste money on that?

Just saw that the CSU locker rooms were redone 4 years ago.... the ones in the video were VISITOR locker rooms :lol: - Why waste money on that?

They showed both locker rooms. Both look like high school locker rooms.

Why don't they just replace the four rows of bleachers used by people who attend games. Seems like a waste to replace them all just so they can stay empty.

But its fundraising failure didn’t surprise any sports economists, Matheson said. The Rams don’t play in one of college football’s major money-making conferences, and Fort Collins isn’t exactly a bastion for Fortune 500 companies and the super wealthy, said Matheson, who grew up in Boulder.

That's all Ram Fan needs to read to render this assessment totally discredited. The self-flagellation will proceed uninterrupted.

That's all Ram Fan needs to read to render this assessment totally discredited. The self-flagellation will proceed uninterrupted.

That was my first thought too. Of course they had to throw that into the article.

Honestly, who didn't see this coming? Spectacular plans followed up by spectacular failure.

There are at least 5-6 HS stadiums in the metro area that have better locker rooms than those. That's Colorado. Not Texas, not California, not Ohio, not Florida. Why would any kid go there? I'm stunned. Horrible.

This would be even sweeter if we weren't on the wrong end of that stupid beat down in game 1.

Two schools couldn't be on more opposite ends of the spectrum today.
ByaCziCIEAANYfw.png:large

which makes the loss to CSU even more embarassing

Every CU player should see that video. That team with those facilities pushed you around. The best facilities in the world won't substitute desire and toughness.

What are the HS stadiums like up there? If they are drawing 10-12K/game couldn't they work out a deal with Poudre or RMHS?

It seems like the Hughes 2050 thing is new. I suspect that they will go that route. If they do, to me it seems like this will have the same negative impact up there as when our "leadership" announced Hawkins was getting a 5th year. They thought it would be a good move financially, but they didn't see the impact on recruiting, the fan base and lost ticket sales, future wins and losses, and the effect it would have down the road.

Hughes 2050 is wonderful to hear. Please have the goats choose this option!!

I don't think CSU has a lot of options, and the ones they do have aren't very good. They tried for the Hail Mary, and it fell incomplete. I expect a lot more stories like this, as their athletic department is slowly dismantled over the next 20 years or so. It won't happen quickly, but they are in a slow death spiral.

I don't think CSU has a lot of options, and the ones they do have aren't very good. They tried for the Hail Mary, and it fell incomplete. I expect a lot more stories like this, as their athletic department is slowly dismantled over the next 20 years or so. It won't happen quickly, but they are in a slow death spiral.

I've always thought the scaled down but expandable on-campus stadium made the most sense. I think CSU fans disparagingly refer to this as the "erector set" option. It's a shame that Graham so over-promised that they are now unable to get excited about that option.

I've always thought the scaled down but expandable on-campus stadium made the most sense. I think CSU fans disparagingly refer to this as the "erector set" option. It's a shame that Graham so over-promised that they are now unable to get excited about that option.

It makes the most sense, but they fell spectacularly short of the fundraising goal for the stadium they wanted. There's no reason to think fundraising for a significantly scaled back version would be any better.

Back