What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Assistant Coach Hiring Thread

엔하이픈 GIF by ENHYPEN

god you suck

I guess it sucks that I am dead right in this case. Adam has literally had almost zero new information on either the coaching situation or the team itself after the season ended. A number of his subscribers feel the same way.

I guess it sucks that I am dead right in this case. Adam has literally had almost zero new information on either the coaching situation or the team itself after the season ended. A number of his subscribers feel the same way.
And?

Imagine thinking that Adam, or any other publisher, would actually share inside information about why a coach didn't work out, when he's already lost most of his access to the team.

You do realize that posting that stuff would get him completely shut out and maybe fired, right?

That's Coach Prime changing his access. Not him being lazy.

As a CU fan, I am hoping someone will actually have real information of what’s happening in Boulder at a critical time in the Prime era. 247 sure ain't it, though it should be IMO since it’s a pay site.
Maybe Rivals or On3 has the info you are looking for. You act like the lack of scoop is exclusive to Adam.

Imagine thinking that Adam, or any other publisher, would actually share inside information about why a coach didn't work out, when he's already lost most of his access to the team.

You do realize that posting that stuff would get him completely shut out and maybe fired, right?
It's a tough finesse, for sure.

I'm curious if anyone is familiar enough with other 247 boards sufficient to comment if other teams' forums handle it any different

Give me a break, this is not the CIA. I am also a LSU fan, and follow several other PAC 12 programs. Every on of those 247 sites has meaningful inside scoop on the program it covers.

Give me a break, this is not the CIA. I am also a LSU fan, and follow several other PAC 12 programs. Every on of those 247 sites has meaningful inside scoop on the program it covers.
No other 247 site covers a program with multiple in-house media companies/outlets or has a celebrity HC that deals more in national media than local.

You are really coming across as an "I NEED IT NOW" 6 year old child with all of this. Adam has proven to be an insider with this program and has plenty of willingness to share information he's given from his contacts. If you can't see the difference between how information is passed to the media now and how it was passed to them pre-12/4/22 nobody here can help you.

No other 247 site covers a program with multiple in-house media companies/outlets or has a celebrity HC that deals more in national media than local.
you're way more informed than me on this, but would Notre Dame be close?

In what regard? Their coach isn't a celebrity and to my knowledge doesn't have a personal media company that puts out daily content and controls the narrative.
  • "deals more in national media than local" was the point I thought most similar.
  • your previous post used the term "in house media" vs "personal media" -- ND has Fighting Irish Media which I think qualifies for the former
  • agree Freeman isn't a celebrity, but within the world of sports, Kelly I think was (is?)

not trying to argue here, just questioning if there aren't some relevant analogs

• "deals more in national media than local" was the point I thought most similar.
  • your previous post used the term "in house media" vs "personal media" -- ND has Fighting Irish Media which I think qualifies for the former
  • agree Freeman isn't a celebrity, but within the world of sports, Kelly I think was (is?)

not trying to argue here, just questioning if there aren't some relevant analogs
I think Notre Dame gets covered nationally, but what I meant was that CP is very selective in who he deals with in the media, and it's mostly national guys he has relationships with (Rich Eisen, Dan Patrick, etc) and other national outlets that are going to promote him nationally. He rarely does any local media segments unless it's contractual (CBS show with Romi Bean).

CU has a traditional "in-house" media with Neil Woelk and other things through the University, but yes, I meant his personal stuff with Well Off Media, Reach the People and Thee PreGame. I think DNVR has become an extension of Neely's Preegame show and RK and Jake Schwanitz have gained some access and trust that others like Howell and Adam haven't because they are strictly fans and not really media. I'm almost positive they've essentially been told they need to keep the narrative positive for the most part.

Not even Saban is a celebrity like Prime is. No other CFB coach is a celebrity like him, certainly not Brian Kelly.

Back