What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Assistant Coach Hiring Thread

Doug Belk is a guy to take a look at. He was damn good at Houston and took a position coach job at USC after Holgo was fired. It wouldn't be unusual if he left that job if offered a DC position.
I think you have to remember that Prime isn’t likely to hand over the defense to someone outside his circle of trust

Prime will promote Dennis Thurman to DC. Game day coaching and player development (especially the secondary) will improve. The question will be can he match or exceed Kelly when it comes to recruiting?

Thurman was the DC for the Jets and the Bills, when Rex Ryan was the head coach. Before becoming the DC for the Jets, he was the Jets DB coach for 4 years. He was instrumental in the early success for D. Revis and Stephen Gilmore. Hunter's DB potential will get maximized and hopefully Cormani turns out to be the stud we all hope he will be.

Prime will promote Dennis Thurman to DC. Game day coaching and player development (especially the secondary) will improve. The question will be can he match or exceed Kelly when it comes to recruiting?

Who did Kelly recruit to CU?

Asking for a friend.

LOL at anyone believing Cormani is here because of any person not named Deion Sanders
Agreed, Cormani is here because of Prime. What's weird is 247 gave credit to Prime for Seaton, but not Cormani?
Anyways, my point is that Kelly's reputation is a great recruiter. It would be awesome for the Buffs if Kelly's reputation is overblown and him leaving doesn't negatively impact recruiting.

Wade Phillips.

You Can Do It Thumbs Up GIF by Originals

Are we sure Shurmur is the OC? I know Prime said he likely would be, but I haven't seen that confirmed.
I would have assumed you are following these boards closely enough to know he is the fallback plan if we can't hire a knockout punch.

Zimmer and Kenny Norton Jr. are both available now. Today. There isn’t a reason to wait till next week to announce them.

What happens in a week from now? The NFL regular season ends. Half the teams won’t make the playoffs and their coaches are free to move.

I’m starting to lean towards a sitting NFL coach on a losing team will ne the next CU DC.

Zimmer and Kenny Norton Jr. are both available now. Today. There isn’t a reason to wait till next week to announce them.

What happens in a week from now? The NFL regular season ends. Half the teams won’t make the playoffs and their coaches are free to move.

I’m starting to lean towards a sitting NFL coach on a losing team will ne the next CU DC.
1703989958432.gif

Your thinking ignores how Prime manages the news cycles. This week gets less for sure.

I’ve read it’s a done deal and already signed

LOL its Vance!

Thank God!

Guy is and has always been a terrible DC.
I can’t speak to the defensive scheme or plan, but I found his rage-coach-screaming from the sidelines not to be a good sign, at all.

I simply don’t respect scream-coaching—that’s gone the way of Bobby Knight. People tend to get angry when something is their fault/problem but they refuse to see it that way. If you can’t communicate without rage that’s not everyone else’s problem, it’s yours.

Back