What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Assistant Coach Hiring Thread

Will be great to have him as GradAss showing the line how to tear it up.
schitts creek what GIF by CBC

I guess I am left concerned about the lack of experience and lack of splash on our DC hire.

This guy got the Seahawks DC job. I don’t want to hear about experience or lack of a splash name for CUDC

View attachment 69733
I'll admit when Livingston was first announced (through leaks, not officially), I was a bit disappointed. I took time to think on it and the reason I was disappointed was because Neely and Reed hyped it up as if we were poaching some big time DC and it was going to be a major splash. Now that I've sat on it, I actually really like the hire. Younger dude that is considered a bright mind and has worked his way up without jumping around. Learned from one of the best DC's in the league. I really don't see a much better hire risk wise other than poaching some known quantity from another school which was unlikely. I'm excited to see what the defense looks like in the spring game and obviously in the fall.

I'll admit when Livingston was first announced (through leaks, not officially), I was a bit disappointed. I took time to think on it and the reason I was disappointed was because Neely and Reed hyped it up as if we were poaching some big time DC and it was going to be a major splash. Now that I've sat on it, I actually really like the hire. Younger dude that is considered a bright mind and has worked his way up without jumping around. Learned from one of the best DC's in the league. I really don't see a much better hire risk wise other than poaching some known quantity from another school which was unlikely. I'm excited to see what the defense looks like in the spring game and obviously in the fall.
421414E8-C69D-4B98-AD8D-E825BDBE3B23.jpeg

Step 3 before the season has started… there is hope for you yet

Splash hire was Anthony Weaver. Weaver was on Baltimore Ravens staff and is now the new DC for Miami Dolphins. Most likely, Livingston was PrIme’s backup.
I doubt it. Howell mentioned a Mike Zimmer connection in the analysis of the hire. RL looks like an up and coming coach. He's 38. He's worked under one of the best DCs in the NFL for the last few years in Anarumo. Hes worked with guys like Jessie Bates and Vonn Bell.

Livingston checks a ton of boxes, and I'm excited he's our DC.

So it looks like Coach Prime is down to just needing to hire a new DL coach and the coaching staff is done.

Back