What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU at Auburn Gameday thread

Just looked at the ESPN game page and there are 9 videos, seven Auburn highlights, two Buff highlights and 1 generic intro. WTF?!? Really ESPN? If you only watched the posted highlights you would assume Auburn won by a landslide.

I never noticed the SEC hype in basketball until today. The announcer said at half the only reason we were in the game was because we were nailing threes, did he see what Auburn was doing? This game was a blowout if they didn't get hot from distance.

Wow! I only caught the second half, but what I saw was pretty impressive. I don't expect us to shoot over 50% that many times this season, but we seem to have some scorers. Not much defense played on either side from what I saw, I wonder if the new rules will hold up over a season. Biggest plus I saw was a steady Dom on the ball in the second half, only one turnover.

If you think we played a good first 15 minutes, I'd love to hear why.

How about waiting until the 2nd half of a b-ball game before folding the tent? Your constant negativity is annoying. Funny how you didn't post much down the stretch ... but then the Buffs were playing well, so I guess you didn't have any "contribution" to make.

Blow me, I call it like I see it.

Naw ... I'll pass. Try Orr ... I hear he's into that.

Last edited:
How about waiting until the 2nd half of a b-ball game before folding the tent? You're constant negativity is annoying. Funny how you didn't post much down the stretch ... but then the Buffs were playing well, so I guess you didn't have any "contribution" to make.

Naw ... I'll pass. Try Orr ... I hear he's into that.
Its more of a lack of knowledge of the sport, IMO. Basketball is a game of huge swings, especially with this team.

SfD-OkrR_400x400.jpg

https://twitter.com/CUnitBuffs

We're deeper than we've been in 3-4 years, and we have more people actually trying to create and take the open looks. Like what I'm seeing so far ...

We probably won't have another road game where we shoot 53% from 3. Still good to see Dom and to a lesser extent Fortune settle in. 21 of 26 from the line was pretty nice too.

Was kind of frustrated to see how long Dom sat in the first half. I think tad might be trying to figure out exactly how to parcel minutes for XT and Yaz.

We probably won't have another road game where we shoot 53% from 3. Still good to see Dom and to a lesser extent Fortune settle in. 21 of 26 from the line was pretty nice too.

Was kind of frustrated to see how long Dom sat in the first half. I think tad might be trying to figure out exactly how to parcel minutes for XT and Yaz.
He sat because he had 2 fouls. Tad will usually sit a starter for the rest of the half with two fouls.

He sat because he had 2 fouls. Tad will usually sit a starter for the rest of the half with two fouls.

It's a good technique for emphasizing the defensive philosophy of guarding without fouling. That's essential for Tadball. And as Tad has said in the past, the only real motivational/punishment tool a coach has once the season starts is minutes.

I repeat (you probably didn't see it though) ... Dom picked up too early fouls in the first half. It was prudent for Tad to sit him down for most of the rest of the period, so he didn't pick up a third before halftime.

EDIT: what nik and s2s said

I thought what was most impressive was how methodical we were in the second half. Just seemed like we had very few empty possessions.

That was some great stuff! Couldn't really believe what was happening in front of my eyes. Still things to improve on, which is good, but what a huge win for the program. Was only able to watch it online at the office with no sound but the environment looked crazy so was great to see everyone keep their composure with FT shooting etc. Wished the TO's would have been cut down a little, but that is where the improvement comes.

Really really excited for what this team can do. Now lets make it happen and continue getting better. Go Buffs!

I wonder if the AU players got a little freaked out by how their crowd erupted on almost every call after the technical? Something sure bothered them for the remainder of the half after that.

I am not much of a B-Ball fan but I will watch the Buffs play every chance I get. I have nothing to offer other than to say, that looked like a solid win for the Buffs coming off the loss to ISU. I hope they can bring that type of play to the Pac-12 when they are on the road.

I really enjoyed watching the game today. Go Buffs!

Back