What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU beat every team they were a favorite against this year.

A boy on one of my teams showed up this season with pink cleats. The other kids were ruthless, so I took him aside and told him to tell everyone it was a tribute to one of his relatives. It shut up the hounds. He bought into the marketing and thought they were very cool until facing the jury of his peers. I think the moral here is don't shop for cleats with mom.

Last edited:
A boy on mone of my teams showed up this season with pink cleats. The other kids were ruthless, so I took him aside and told him to tell everyone it was a tribute to one of his relatives. It shut up the hounds. He bought into the marketing and thought they were very cool until facing the jury of his peers. I think the moral here is don't shop for cleats with mom.

Unless it's 'tini's mom, and they're carpet cleats.

Agreed - cancer sucks - no matter which kind. I do find it extremely odd that there is this much focus on one particular kind of cancer when it's actually heart disease that is the #1 killer of women.

Marketing, Baby! Prostate cancer is far more deadly to men than breast cancer is to women, but.......BC gets a whole month of pukey pink sh*t PR for "research". B Cancer, INC. is big business, baby!

Gotta keep those NGO CEO's rolling in the big dough! But they're not greedy---they do it because "they care."

Let's put a $150K cap on NGO CEO salaries and make certain 95% of donations go to actual new research for ALL cancers, not some re-hash of old studies and then, listen to them scream about how "unfair" that is!

Capping salaries is always a good way to attract the best people to your profession.

Capping salaries is always a good way to attract the best people to your profession.

In for profit business, I have no problem with what the market will bear (for the most part).

But using revenue to line the pockets of people who make obscene amounts of money for PNPs when it should be going to research and health care assistance for the actual cause should be criminal.

Marketing, Baby! Prostate cancer is far more deadly to men than breast cancer is to women, but.......BC gets a whole month of pukey pink sh*t PR for "research". B Cancer, INC. is big business, baby!

Gotta keep those NGO CEO's rolling in the big dough! But they're not greedy---they do it because "they care."

Let's put a $150K cap on NGO CEO salaries and make certain 95% of donations go to actual new research for ALL cancers, not some re-hash of old studies and then, listen to them scream about how "unfair" that is!

In for profit business, I have no problem with what the market will bear (for the most part).

But using revenue to line the pockets of people who make obscene amounts of money for PNPs when it should be going to research and health care assistance for the actual cause should be criminal.

When will some people learn that the answer is NOT more government and NOT more criminal laws?

Some of these organizations are adminstering huge amounts of money, large numbers of people, and making some very complex decisions regarding the priorities and directions of their organizations. Many have a combination of highly priced researchers and complex regulatory environments.

If paying a higher priced chief exectutive results in an organization being much more effective in achieving it's goals why should they not be able to do so. My only desire legally would be that organizations recieving non-profit status be required to make their financial information fully available and transparent including executive salaries and benefits in a much more consistent and detailled manner than they do now.

Let the public who is paying the bills determine who is paying to much and who is worth paying the big salaries and vote with their donations.

Back