What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Buffs hire former Minnesota OC Mike Sanford as their new OC

To me this appears to be going like this
1. MEH hire from position coach in the NFL
2. Rick telling fans to “just wait and see”
3. O rank goes from dead last to 76th with some pro style BS scheme
4. 5-7 2022 if we’re lucky
5. Rick telling fans “see I told you so, just wait until next year!”
6. Rinse, repeat

6. Rinse, repeat
Agree on #1. Definitely see #2 happening. #3 would shock me. Ain’t no way in hell #4 is happening with the schedule laid out for next year. Three wins, tops. They go 3-9 next year and I hope the entire football operation is turned upside down and restarted from scratch.

6. Rinse, repeat
5-7? That’s cute.

This is what I find fascinating about this thread.

The anger at something that hasn't happened.

I get being something less than optimistic. We've been kicked in the nuts a few times before. So that makes sense.

But to actually be pissed based on pessimism (as if the thing we're dreading has actually happened) is amazing. I mean, posters are truly angry at the speculation that they've generated.

Anyway, I just wanted to share something I found interesting.

I get being something less than optimistic. We've been kicked in the nuts a few times before. So that makes sense.

But to actually be pissed based on pessimism (as if the thing we're dreading has actually happened) is amazing. I mean, posters are truly angry at the speculation that they've generated.

1639347828646.gif

I get that all the negativity has been earned, but wow! My experience is that when it’s all said and done, most or all of the speculation in this thread will end up being wrong. This is fun!

Oh I don’t know about that. I’d be pretty confident to put 10g’s that we have a losing season in 2022 and the offense is in the bottom third of the Pac12.

I get that all the negativity has been earned, but wow! My experience is that when it’s all said and done, most or all of the speculation in this thread will end up being wrong. This is fun!
I mean, don't get carried away here.

It's because we are pissed that we are searching for an offensive coordinator instead of a head coach.

You didn't always live in Manhattan? If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised than I am right now.
you do you, kink is a personal thing. i would imagine you have to pay extra for head stitching to carpet.

Especially if the carpet was orange shag.
Matthew Mcconaughey GIF

They’ve known they were going to redo the OC position since October so not having any clue now is why it’s embarrassing. A quick move would indicate they’d done a little homework and agreed on a vision.
The fact that nothing has happened tells us all we need to know. They are lost.

They’ve known they were going to redo the OC position since October so not having any clue now is why it’s embarrassing. A quick move would indicate they’d done a little homework and agreed on a vision.
The fact that nothing has happened tells us all we need to know. They are lost.
Is that the only possibility? I'm not saying that you're conclusion is wrong, but I think there might be other explanations.

Reactions: DBT
you do you, kink is a personal thing. i would imagine you have to pay extra for head stitching to carpet.
I lived in LA when he coached at UCLA. I saw this party as a neutral observer and wanted no parts of it in Boulder.
While that may be true, I have lived in LA since ‘92, and I don’t think I’ve heard much positive about any UCLA coach since I’ve been here (until—maybe—the very end of this year with Chip finally getting some wins; it’s been ugly since he got here).
Not sure this was a KD issue. He did better than most. You should hear talk radio here tear down USC… for years and years now…. The Sark issues and firing? Flames and lava. All well earned.
Of course, I love to hear UCLA and USC trashed daily on talk radio. It’s really the only reason to listen.

I was thinking about when we hired Jim Levitt recently. Not to say this will end up well but that thread had some real rock bottom moments and teeth gnashing.

Back