What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Buffs hire former Minnesota OC Mike Sanford as their new OC

It's not about being able to afford Boulder, it's about the trade off of making the same somewhere else that costs 50% of what Boulder (and surrounding areas cost). Young, up and comers who are more about moving up in the coaching ranks and don't plan on being in one place for too long is one thing. A coordinator who is going to be here for 2-3 years is another.
I guess they'd have to swing a townhouse in Broomfield, Lafayette, or Louisville. Or rent. What I don't see is how Stanford or Cal hire anyone from the outside
world.......

Silver lining folks. This just cemented a 2 win max season so KD and the rest of the staff should by gone by this time next year. Ahh who am I kidding RG won't fire his butt buddy. **** this. **** them both. SO ****1NG BAD
I honestly see only 1 possible win. Arizona but it is a road game. They most likely will be dogs in every game next year. The schedule has only 1 non conference game at home and it is TCU. They will not be favored in any game.

Everywhere Sanford has been, great players have followed. He helped bring in top 15 recruiting classes in each of his two seasons at Notre Dame, the number one class in the Mountain West during his year at Boise State, and back-to-back top 20 classes at Stanford, including the fifth-ranked group in 2012 (and best in the Pac-12) while serving as the Cardinal recruiting coordinator. Twenty-three members of those two classes were rated in the top 25 nationally at their respective positions, with six players rated as "five stars" and 16 others with "four stars."
https://cubuffs.com/news/2021/12/17/football-sanford-named-cu-offensive-coordinator.aspx

Everywhere Sanford has been, great players have followed. He helped bring in top 15 recruiting classes in each of his two seasons at Notre Dame, the number one class in the Mountain West during his year at Boise State, and back-to-back top 20 classes at Stanford, including the fifth-ranked group in 2012 (and best in the Pac-12) while serving as the Cardinal recruiting coordinator. Twenty-three members of those two classes were rated in the top 25 nationally at their respective positions, with six players rated as "five stars" and 16 others with "four stars."
https://cubuffs.com/news/2021/12/17/football-sanford-named-cu-offensive-coordinator.aspx

I wasn't aware this AD cared about stars.

The press release just says OC and nothing about OC/QB so probably greater than 75% chances Lansgdorf stays?

I honestly see only 1 possible win. Arizona but it is a road game. They most likely will be dogs in every game next year. The schedule has only 1 non conference game at home and it is TCU. They will not be favored in any game.
Air Force is winnable. Likely won't win it, but it is winnable. So I think 2 games is possible but if I had to put money on it, I'd lean towards 1 win.

something to look forward to
Minny's QB played like dog**** that day. Completed like 30% of his passes. Minny rushed for 4.0 ypc, outgained BGSU by 50 yds and lost because they turned the ball over 3 or 4 times IIRC.

No, being held to 10 points is embarassing, but what the hell was Minny doing giving up 14 at home?

I highly doubted we were going to see some miracle worker OC. Sanford is an experienced college OC. Stops at Boise and ND, Utah St. and Minny. The one year gigs were always the result of stepping up to a better job. Seriously, what did you expect? Jeff LEbby or Kendal Briles simply was never going to happen. At least there is an OC who has had some success.

I highly doubted we were going to see some miracle worker OC. Sanford is an experienced college OC. Stops at Boise and ND, Utah St. and Minny. The one year gigs were always the result of stepping up to a better job. Seriously, what did you expect? Jeff LEbby or Kendal Briles simply was never going to happen. At least there is an OC who has had some success.

I expected someone who finished well inside the top 100 in passing offense this past season.

This should read:
Everywhere Sanford has been successful, the football programs he worked for were ranked in the top 25. i.e. they were already good.
Stanford at the height of Jim Harbaughs success
Boise State following Chris Petersen
Notre Dame two years after they were in the BCS Championship game
Don't sell me beach front property in Arizona!

No one thought a Lebby or Briles type was realistic? A Marion type was. Guys at G5 schools that hadn't regressed every offense they touched were realistic. Up-and-coming position coaches that were well thought of were realistic. This was a **** hire by a **** HC and a **** AD.

Bored Gilligans Island GIF by TV Land Classic

Back