What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Buffs Viewership Watch

I was just down on Farrand looking for Fox's Big Noon crew and couldn't find them. Does anyone know what's going on?
It's a weird day. With our Buffs on the road against a 1-4 team and playing on a regional broadcast, all we get is Barstool coming to Boulder to host a watch party at our new sports bar.

I couldn’t get the 7-day Fubo trial to register. I guess these a-holes have my CC on watch from last year, despite the burner gmail accounts I have created.

Half off sling Blue w/ sport’s extra it is…

Curious what the CU-Stanford viewership will be vs. the top 10 UO/UW Gameday showdown. I mean, you'd expect at least triple the viewers for one of the most hyped games of the year between the Pac 12's two "top brands". Especially considering the respective time slots and the relatively low interest, low stakes Stanford match. Right?

Curious what the CU-Stanford viewership will be vs. the top 10 UO/UW Gameday showdown. I mean, you'd expect at least triple the viewers for one of the most hyped games of the year between the Pac 12's two "top brands". Especially considering the respective time slots and the relatively low interest, low stakes Stanford match. Right?
Difficult comparison. Colorado Football is still a major sports story. It’s also the only bettable major American sporting event televised tonight.

I think we will beat 5M tonight. Who is with me?
Starship Troopers GIF

3.3m for Stanford. That’s still a pretty good considering 4m is kind of the standard for a high viewed game

The original tweet to which Mandel is responding is so ****ing stupid that it makes my head hurt.

As I noted in the Stanford game thread, the only Friday night game this season with even 2M viewers was KSU/OSU, which kicked off at 7 ET and had 2.25M viewers. The only game to kick off at 9 ET or later on a Friday with more than 1M viewers this season was Utah/Oregon State (a ranked matchup), which had 1.34M viewers.

CU/Stanford had roughly the same viewership as those COMBINED.

Going to last season, the only Friday night game with higher viewership was Florida/FSU. That game was on the Friday after Thanksgiving and was a 7:30 kickoff, with a solid lead-in from NC State/UNC and Mizzou/Arky. The game with a 9:00 or later kickoff that did the best was UCLA/Washington (a ranked matchup), which kicked off at 10:30 ET and got 1.70M viewers.

In fact, I went back 5 seasons, and only a handful of Friday night games has done this well- nearly all of them were Pac12 Championship games. However, no games from the Friday night late kickoff (9:00 ET or later) have even come within a million of this game.

The original tweet to which Mandel is responding is so ****ing stupid that it makes my head hurt.

As I noted in the Stanford game thread, the only Friday night game this season with even 2M viewers was KSU/OSU, which kicked off at 7 ET and had 2.25M viewers. The only game to kick off at 9 ET or later on a Friday with more than 1M viewers this season was Utah/Oregon State (a ranked matchup), which had 1.34M viewers.

CU/Stanford had roughly the same viewership as those COMBINED.

Going to last season, the only Friday night game with higher viewership was Florida/FSU. That game was on the Friday after Thanksgiving and was a 7:30 kickoff, with a solid lead-in from NC State/UNC and Mizzou/Arky. The game with a 9:00 or later kickoff that did the best was UCLA/Washington (a ranked matchup), which kicked off at 10:30 ET and got 1.70M viewers.

In fact, I went back 5 seasons, and only a handful of Friday night games has done this well- nearly all of them were Pac12 Championship games. However, no games from the Friday night late kickoff (9:00 ET or later) have even come within a million of this game.
You don't understand, though. The goalposts moved, and even though that kick would have been good from 57 yards, it would have missed from 73 yards. Therefore we should be embarrassed.

Back