What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Coaching Discussion

If RG had not extended last year, would you MM supporters be in favor of keeping or firing MM in Dec?

RG panicked in my opinion.

sideline announcer after half said Leach was talking about taking advantage of opportunities, due to weather and that MM said we had to focus on getting turnovers. if true, MM is just totally out of touch with reality
You have to get turnovers when your offense can’t move the ball, the shorter the field the better, right?

Good Lord people. MM won a south title last year.

Every AD in the country would have extended him.

MM has also been quite calm on the sidelines this year, as far as I have seen anyway, obviously the officials were upsetting on a couple of calls but I think something else was going on. I think something within the team made him blow a gasket and also why he sat Montez.

Last edited:
Good Lord people. MM one a south title last year.

MM has also been quite calm on the sidelines this year, as far as I have seen anyway, obviously the officials were upsetting on a couple of calls but I think something else was going on. I think something within the team made him blow a gasket and also why he sat Montez.
If that's true then he has lost the team. Way too many suspensions/issues

Good Lord people. MM one a south title last year.

No, not every AD would have extended him for that amount of time for that amount of time. RG was in a difficult spot, I admit. But there were other paths that many ADs would have taken with MM past career history.

Extending Mac was absolutely the right thing to do. That doesn't mean the pressure is off for the next few years. If the season ends the way it's headed now, Mac can and should be in the hot seat heading into next season.

Also, there's a 0% chance he dumps both coordinators in one off-season so no one should expect that.

Extending Mac was absolutely the right thing to do. That doesn't mean the pressure is off for the next few years. If the season ends the way it's headed now, Mac can and should be in the hot seat heading into next season.

Also, there's a 0% chance he dumps both coordinators in one off-season so no one should expect that.

We don’t know if extending him was right or not. At the moment, it appears foolish as he would be on his way to being fired if not for the extension.

RG panicked.

This is just like any other random fan spouting off after a game -> accept Chido liked it.

Hopefully just for the “Bunch of seniors” part.

We don’t know if extending him was right or not. At the moment, it appears foolish as he would be on his way to being fired if not for the extension.

RG panicked.
CU wasn't in any position to play hardball with a coach who just won 10 games, his division, and national coach of they year. It was a decisive move and was the right call regardless of what happens this year.

For sale, Head football coach.
Qualifications:
Unanimous National Coach of the Year, 2016
Expert in turning lost programs around
Assistant under Bill Parcells
A second generation football coach
Has built two floundering programs into national respectability
Super nice guy

Asking price:
No cost
Seller will forego all buyout fees

CU wasn't in any position to play hardball with a coach who just won 10 games, his division, and national coach of they year. It was a decisive move and was the right call regardless of what happens this year.
It didn’t require hardball. It required finesse and all the executive leadership qualities RG has possessed in other situations.

He had this lined up with the hires of Leavitt and Chiv. Nobody expected last year, least of all RG.

MM in not, and it is showing brightly, the answer at CU. Too many things are wrong in year 5 for this program to be on the way to a NY6 bowl by 2020.

You have to get turnovers when your offense can’t move the ball, the shorter the field the better, right?
The opportunities were there to get turnovers, ask Moehller or whatever his name is, that was 6 and he ****ing flat dropped it. Some others did too. Plus, we had alot of short fields and did ****ing nothing with it.

Okay, okay, okay. Enough overreacting on my part. The remainder of this season is real similar to 2015. It’s about establishing a path for 2018. It’s also about assistant coaches coaching for their jobs. Mac needs to make that clear to them. There is not a single aspect of offense or defense where coaches should not be on notice. The same goes for the players. There are no leaders, as far as I can tell, on either side of the ball. Certain players need to step up and become leaders. And of course, that doesn’t just happen because a player decides to lead. It starts with guys setting an example on the field. Mac needs to emphasize to the team that this team needs guys who will take that torch and lead.

Okay, okay, okay. Enough overreacting on my part. The remainder of this season is real similar to 2015. It’s about establishing a path for 2018. It’s also about assistant coaches coaching for their jobs. Mac needs to make that clear to them. There is not a single aspect of offense or defense where coaches should not be on notice. The same goes for the players. There are no leaders, as far as I can tell, on either side of the ball. Certain players need to step up and become leaders. And of course, that doesn’t just happen because a player decides to lead. It starts with guys setting an example on the field. Mac needs to emphasize to the team that this team needs guys who will take that torch and lead.

Two of these coaches jobs should be over in 4 weeks. Just my opinion but seems like the team has no chemistry and fight for one another.

Too bad, thought cu would sustain some of the success from last year and take off in 2018. Now, it seems another off season of ????????????????????

Back