What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Coaching Discussion

Why y
Have you looked closer at the data and the situation? Or just being lazy?

Why yes I have. Glad you asked.

Both Eliot and Leavitt are in their first years at their respective schools.
Both teams have identical records and identical in-conference records.
Both teams have lost to 2 common conference opponents. UCLA and WSU.
Eliot allowed 27 and 28 points respectively.
JL allowed 31 and 33 points respectively.

All this while Leavitt has more recruited talent to work with(I am being lazy here, just stating a general perception shared by most).

Leavitt is clearly worse by the stats that matter (points allowed, wins/losses) versus common foes.

Also I don't give a **** about comparing Leavit to last year's Brady Hoke defense at oregon. That's for duck fans to squabble over.
The valid comparison for Buff fans is between Eliot and Leavitt vs. common opponnents.

Make all the comparisons you want. Outside of 1 game the defense hasn't been the problem.

I don't know about that...... we've gotten our asses run on by oregon state. the defensively line is pathetic. any team that wants to run on us will have success. had wsu run on us all game long, we would've probably lost by six to seven touchdowns.

Perhaps the reason HCMM was acting like an 8 year old last night on the sideline is he finally realized he needs to unload his incompetent friends from his coaching staff. Hopefully he will have the bollocks to do it, or he is putting his coaching career in jeopardy.

Why y

Why yes I have. Glad you asked.

Both Eliot and Leavitt are in their first years at their respective schools.
Both teams have identical records and identical in-conference records.
Both teams have lost to 2 common conference opponents. UCLA and WSU.
Eliot allowed 27 and 28 points respectively.
JL allowed 31 and 33 points respectively.

All this while Leavitt has more recruited talent to work with(I am being lazy here, just stating a general perception shared by most).

Leavitt is clearly worse by the stats that matter (points allowed, wins/losses) versus common foes.

Also I don't give a **** about comparing Leavit to last year's Brady Hoke defense at oregon. That's for duck fans to squabble over.
The valid comparison for Buff fans is between Eliot and Leavitt vs. common opponnents.
So how has each D progressed or regressed according to stats? You failed to look at the most important element to discern their relative impact. Keep digging.

And maybe we should back up. What is your thesis about Leavitt an/or DJ? I’m not sure what you are trying to prove.

Last edited:
sideline announcer after half said Leach was talking about taking advantage of opportunities, due to weather and that MM said we had to focus on getting turnovers. if true, MM is just totally out of touch with reality

Great catch!!!
Focusing on Turnovers as an adjustment is crazy!
How about "We need to put a nice methodical drive together to get back on track", or "We need to get them off the field on 3rd down and see if we can force a turnover"
Mac seems like he is going through a transition year in which he needs to learn how to create a sustainable focus and accountability
I am willing to give Mac my support if and only if he fires Lindgren!!! If he does not fire Lindgren, then I will be calling for his job, because then 2018 will be a repeat.

Here the path forward.

Lindgren, Bernardi and Jeffcoat gone. One chance for MM to proactively make changes. If resists, he does so at his immediate peril.

Adams and DJ on short, short leash.

All other coaches get stern “get better or get gone” message.

MM 6-3 in 2018 conference play. Or gone.

Here the path forward.

Lindgren, Bernardi and Jeffcoat gone. One chance for MM to proactively make changes. If resists, he does so at his immediate peril.

Adams and DJ on short, short leash.

All other coaches get stern “get better or get gone” message.

MM 6-3 in 2018 conference play. Or gone.
Chev becomes the OC and you're spot on

Why does everyone have such confidence in Chev?
Has to do with his career at CU, who he assisted under, the progress that has been made in the performance of the WR's under his tuteledge, his ability to relate to today's HS players and that relates to his recruiting, he may be the one person that could talk Matt McChesney into becoming the S&C coach & he grasps the importance of social media.

giphy.gif
My head just exploded reading this thread.
Nice knowing you Racky.

Last edited:
I am worried the coaches were so very wrong about this offense. All offseason we heard how great this offense was gonna be. Some of the best receivers in the country, the best o line we’ve had in years, dynamic QB, etc. I don’t understand how they could be so off on their assesment. Very troubling.

Has to do with his career at CU, who he assisted under, the progress that has been made in the performance of the WR's under his tuteledge, his ability to relate to today's HS players and that relates to his recruiting, he may be the one person that could talk Matt McChesney into becoming the S&C coach & he grasps the importance of social media.
Receivers have regressed.

What do you want? A ringing endorsement for MM? The last thing cu needs is to get rid of mac, new assistants are needed and they need to be recruiters first.

But MM needs to take a big share of tge blame for this too.

Agree completely.

M2 is a good coach. He does have some weaknesses that have to be addressed. The biggest of these is his loyalty to some assistants who don't carry their weight in either recruiting or coaching.

Ultimately he has been here 5 years now and the responsibility falls on him. He needs RG to be clear about addressing his weaknesses.

What do you want? A ringing endorsement for MM? The last thing cu needs is to get rid of mac, new assistants are needed and they need to be recruiters first.

But MM needs to take a big share of tge blame for this too.
Absolutely don't need or want that. He doesn't get it right next year and the rest of this one, crack the whip. Agree on assistants, already posted about who in the coach thread I think.

Back