What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Coaching & Support Staff Moves

That isn't his job. Director of operations takes care of logistics, camps, travel, etc. You know operations.
So the camps that are supposed to identify the talent, and help keep the talent on campus.

please provide an example of how our football program had good “logistics” during his tenure.

I remember during Covid when there were thoughts of doing last minute scheduling shifts it really brought some of the logistics challenges for carting players and equipment around the west. I can’t say anything positive or negative about Mr. McGinnis since his position isn’t really a visible one. To me, he’s like a long snapper, you only notice him when he screws up. So, he’s been here for a decade, Howell thought enough to tweet about him, so I’m going to go with the assumption that he is a good dude that did his job well.

Quit deflecting. Name some positives Bryan brought to the job.
Why don't you name things you think he was bad at. You made the accusation that he was bad. I asked how you knew that. It isn't up to me to prove that you are wrong. You need to support your accusation. Otherwise you are slandering the man. You are a typical know nothing. You make accusations and never back them up with facts related to the situation. When called out you attempt to make the other person prove you wrong when you haven't offered any evidence that you are right.

Your only argument is the team was bad, without connecting how his job affected the coaching, recruiting, or performance of the team.

Why don't you name things you think he was bad at. You made the accusation that he was bad. I asked how you knew that. It isn't up to me to prove that you are wrong. You need to support your accusation. Otherwise you are slandering the man. You are a typical know nothing. You make accusations and never back them up with facts related to the situation. When called out you attempt to make the other person prove you wrong when you haven't offered any evidence that you are right.

Your only argument is the team was bad, without connecting how his job affected the coaching, recruiting, or performance of the team.
The stigma of a losing organization/business permeates top to bottom, side to side. Perception is reality in this world, so in a sense, a I agree with the OP. Bye Felicia.

Is there really a shot at this? I think as excited about recruiting as I am, I might be just as excited to see how this staff fills out.

This is a joke of course.... kinda looks like Josh Tupou just tackled Deion Sanders (see above tweet).....

(too soon for Tua?)

The guy was hired from SJSU. He lived in NoCal his entire life before coming to Colorado, never once stepping foot inside a power 5 football program.

Hiring the director of operations at SJSU, who was on the job for TWO years, to run the operation here is bat**** crazy. These are his job duties: travel arrangements, itineraries and scheduling.

Travel arrangements, congrats we made it on the plane, into a bus, and in a hotel. Oh wait the team is hungry?? 1-(800)-pastajays

Itineraries, essentially the game plan for each trip, how did the majority of our away trips end, as a loss. Don’t you think creating an away game itinerary would be a vital role for a winning football program. do you think winning football programs are having fun pizza parties at cool destinations having so much fun! No they are focused on the game and winning. Candy ass bull**** for 10 years. FOH.

Scheduling, what is this? Is it for future opponents a decade away? Is it for scheduling plane rides and bus rides. Is it scheduling the fun pizza parties and group excursions? Was he scheduling spa days for our loser coaches? Unbelievably ambiguous job roles, and if taken at face value one could theoretically point to him as being a reason why our P5 program has been OPERATED like a G5 program. Director of Operations? Director of operating the worst stretch in CU history.

nothing against the man though, pretty solid and nice, but he’s a glorified travel agent. He directed us into the toilet bowl instead of the rose bowl.

The guy was hired from SJSU. He lived in NoCal his entire life before coming to Colorado, never once stepping foot inside a power 5 football program.

Hiring the director of operations at SJSU, who was on the job for TWO years, to run the operation here is bat**** crazy. These are his job duties: travel arrangements, itineraries and scheduling.

Travel arrangements, congrats we made it on the plane, into a bus, and in a hotel. Oh wait the team is hungry?? 1-(800)-pastajays

Itineraries, essentially the game plan for each trip, how did the majority of our away trips end, as a loss. Don’t you think creating an away game itinerary would be a vital role for a winning football program. do you think winning football programs are having fun pizza parties at cool destinations having so much fun! No they are focused on the game and winning. Candy ass bull**** for 10 years. FOH.

Scheduling, what is this? Is it for future opponents a decade away? Is it for scheduling plane rides and bus rides. Is it scheduling the fun pizza parties and group excursions? Was he scheduling spa days for our loser coaches? Unbelievably ambiguous job roles, and if taken at face value one could theoretically point to him as being a reason why our P5 program has been OPERATED like a G5 program. Director of Operations? Director of operating the worst stretch in CU history.

nothing against the man though, pretty solid and nice, but he’s a glorified travel agent. He directed us into the toilet bowl instead of the rose bowl.
tl;dr version: Flounder has no criticism of McGinnis but doesn't respect the job he does or appreciate that in an organization it's possible for someone to star in their role and not be any part of the reason for lack of organizational success.

Your anger for the last 20 years is directed at the wrong person. I’m sure you are oblivious to the irony of a fake vagina salesman belittling the occupation of someone you don’t know.

I have no idea if he was good at his job or not, but I’m 100% sure you have no clue either.

I remember during Covid when there were thoughts of doing last minute scheduling shifts it really brought some of the logistics challenges for carting players and equipment around the west. I can’t say anything positive or negative about Mr. McGinnis since his position isn’t really a visible one. To me, he’s like a long snapper, you only notice him when he screws up. So, he’s been here for a decade, Howell thought enough to tweet about him, so I’m going to go with the assumption that he is a good dude that did his job well.
Or Howell and he attend the same church

I’m the first to bash the AD for its poor performance, but the guy planned plane flights and had exactly zero to do with our problems. Give him a break
But his previous experience in planning plane flights was at the G5 level, and while he evidently did his job at that level very well, these were G5 flights and it's much different at the P5 level.

tl;dr version: Flounder has no criticism of McGinnis but doesn't respect the job he does or appreciate that in an organization it's possible for someone to star in their role and not be any part of the reason for lack of organizational success.

Your anger for the last 20 years is directed at the wrong person. I’m sure you are oblivious to the irony of a fake vagina salesman belittling the occupation of someone you don’t know.

I have no idea if he was good at his job or not, but I’m 100% sure you have no clue either.

This is what the director of operations at Georgia has as his bio
“ Gonzalez’s responsibilities at Georgia will mirror his duties at FAU, where he managed the team’s budget and travel, developed and organized itineraries for recruiting official visits and recruited and developed the team’s student managers. In addition, he played a major role in the staging of May’s team and individual camps.”

Bryan may get a pass for team budget and travel, but does he get a pass for his organized itineraries for recruiting official visits?

Am I the only one who remembers our success rate of landing key recruits over the past decade? Was he not the COMMON denominator for low ranking recruiting classes.

Is he not getting graded on his ability to create an environment which correlates directly to positive recruiting and winning?

have we identified any real talent during his tenure at HIS camps? Have we been able to retain any of the talent that actually showed up?

But his previous experience in planning plane flights was at the G5 level, and while he evidently did his job at that level very well, these were G5 flights and it's much different at the P5 level.
SJSU uses Sun Country Airlines

Colorado flies United

“ Gonzalez’s responsibilities at Georgia will mirror his duties at FAU, where he managed the team’s budget and travel, developed and organized itineraries for recruiting official visits and recruited and developed the team’s student managers. In addition, he played a major role in the staging of May’s team and individual camps.”

Bryan may get a pass for team budget and travel, but does he get a pass for his organized itineraries for recruiting official visits?

Am I the only one who remembers our success rate of landing key recruits over the past decade? Was he not the COMMON denominator for low ranking recruiting classes.

Is he not getting graded on his ability to create an environment which correlates directly to positive recruiting and winning?

have we identified any real talent during his tenure at HIS camps? Have we been able to retain any of the talent that actually showed up?
You tell me one recruit we lost solely because of the Director of Football Operations. A recruit who looked past our terrible record, horrible football staff, HC who is uninterested in recruiting, and the constant threat of coaching staff turnover - but just couldn’t sign with CU because of the guy who arranged the flights, hotel rooms, and dinner reservations. Give me one.

1671118273355.png

There's a big... a very big... difference between organizing activities and determining what those activities are. In this case, the coaching and recruiting staff determined what the itineraries are.... he made the itineraries happen.

Guys let me have this one. We need the get all the bogeymen out. We have the same goal, just different means to get there. I’m all for a fresh start and letting prime do everything he wants. If that includes getting rid of a guy who has been here for so much losing, good riddance.

I’m very happy he’s at ASU.

we should never lose another recruiting battle to the sun devils as long as he’s there.

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

Guys let me have this one. We need the get all the bogeymen out. We have the same goal, just different means to get there. I’m all for a fresh start and letting prime do everything he wants. If that includes getting rid of a guy who has been here for so much losing, good riddance.

we should never lose another recruiting battle to the sun devils as long as he’s there.
Cleaning house is fine, but pretty f**ked up to be talking about how bad a guy is at his job when you’ve never met the guy and don’t even understand what his job is.

You, making this dumb argument in the first place, then putting just an incredible amount of effort into trying to defend it, and finally just begging for mercy, is probably the funniest thing I will read today.

You do have a lot of time left to top it, though.

Last edited:
You, making this dumb argument in the first place, then putting just an incredible amount of effort into trying too defend it, and finally just begging for mercy, is probably the funniest thing I will read today.

You do have a lot of time left to top it, though.
184EDAB9-8C05-4B4A-963D-45CEF946F08B.jpeg

You know what’s even funnier, defending this entire graphic. The only people worth keeping are John, Derek, and Jamie.

H/T to @Bread for the correction!

Thanks for catching that! I original had person and is John, but after much deliberation I changed it to include Derek and Jamie since they are good dudes and are actually good at their jobs!

Back