What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Coaching & Support Staff Moves

View attachment 56938

You know what’s even funnier, defending this entire graphic. The only people worth keeping are John, Derek, and Jamie.

H/T to @Bread for the correction!
I'm going to make your head explode now: Chandler Dorrell would be a fine guy to keep. He works very hard, is very organized, is often the smartest guy in the room, and is very strong at communicating & aligning organizational strategies. As long as he's not the guy setting the recruiting strategy or trying to be a marketer or promoter, he's a tremendous asset.

I'm going to make your head explode now: Chandler Dorrell would be a fine guy to keep. He works very hard, is very organized, is often the smartest guy in the room, and is very strong at communicating & aligning organizational strategies. As long as he's not the guy setting the recruiting strategy or trying to be a marketer or promoter, he's a tremendous asset.

whonwould you rather have on auxiliary staff, Cody Hawkins, Taylor Embree, Jay Macintyre, or Chandler Dorrell. This is a real question.

Chandler Dorrell is a sh*t human being and can f*ck all the way off. Do not care if he "helped hold this class together". I know secondhand that he was struggling to tread water, especially in the beginning, and was learning on the job because he wasn't qualified. I promise y'all, Prime can find someone much better and more experienced with ease.

Plus, decent chance Chandler is a good source of scoop for Adam, so if he's learned to do his job, there are benefits to keeping him.

That said, whatever.

Why don't you name things you think he was bad at. You made the accusation that he was bad. I asked how you knew that. It isn't up to me to prove that you are wrong. You need to support your accusation. Otherwise you are slandering the man. You are a typical know nothing. You make accusations and never back them up with facts related to the situation. When called out you attempt to make the other person prove you wrong when you haven't offered any evidence that you are right.

Your only argument is the team was bad, without connecting how his job affected the coaching, recruiting, or performance of the team.
Beyond the firing of someone I don’t know at all, this has become a fascinating discussion about the proper application of the burden of proof in casual conversation. [popcorn sounds.]

Are you close to him and/or people in the AD that have shared these sentiments with you? I ask because there is nothing about his resume prior to CU that suggests he was remotely qualified to hold the position he was handed, and definitely nothing about his time at CU that suggests he's the smartest guy in the room, a very strong communicator, or knows anything about aligning organizational strategies.

I will note that the reports of recruits/families showing up and no one being available to talk/tour/etc, or their families visiting and not getting support with hotel reservations, transportation options, etc is nearly 100% an operational problem.

Plus, decent chance Chandler is a good source of scoop for Adam, so if he's learned to do his job, there are benefits to keeping him.

That said, whatever.
Yeah. To be clear, I'm not advocating that Coach Prime keep anyone other than Hawkins and video production team because I've seen the top notch deliverables from them. But there are other people I don't know enough about to have a personal opinion and others who I know are capable and won't have a problem if HCPT keeps on board for the next year.

Flounder has made it clear that he's just here to **** with peeps. I personally have way better things to do with my time suddenly. I'm like 7 pages behind on "who's visiting this weekend"! Life is too short to allow an azzfuk like Flounder get a brief second of my time. Back on ignore.

Are you close to him and/or people in the AD that have shared these sentiments with you? I ask because there is nothing about his resume prior to CU that suggests he was remotely qualified to hold the position he was handed, and definitely nothing about his time at CU that suggests he's the smartest guy in the room, a very strong communicator, or knows anything about aligning organizational strategies.
I'm not close to him. I have heard good things about him in certain aspects of the job. I agree he was over-hired to the position he was in and there was a lot of learning on the job - with that strengths, weaknesses and where he can be an organizational asset if the role is modified are revealed.

I will note that the reports of recruits/families showing up and no one being available to talk/tour/etc, or their families visiting and not getting support with hotel reservations, transportation options, etc is nearly 100% an operational problem.
Hold on. There were reports on this? Under HCKD? That’s incredible. What a total self-own. As if we weren’t struggling to get recruits here in the first place. This takes my view of the prior staff to a whole new level of crappy.

Hold on. There were reports on this? Under HCKD? That’s incredible. What a total self-own. As if we weren’t struggling to get recruits here in the first place. This takes my view of the prior staff to a whole new level of crappy.
The entire operations of Colorado football has been ASS for a decade.

@buffaholic you might be a centrist, but in such a time like this, you need to take a side. You are either apathetic towards our crappy ex-Director of operations or you are mad that it’s taken this long for him to get a new job. There is no room for 3rd party opinion.

You and I don’t see eye to eye a lot, but I recall a story (2019-2021) of a recruit and his family waiting over an hour at DIA to get picked up by the staff. Operationally a mess. It all has to be burnt down.

I'm not close to him. I have heard good things about him in certain aspects of the job. I agree he was over-hired to the position he was in and there was a lot of learning on the job - with that strengths, weaknesses and where he can be an organizational asset if the role is modified are revealed.
I guess I'm indifferent. If Prime decides to keep him in a greatly reduced role, then great, but I don't see him as an indispensable asset of the personnel department. Honestly, based on everything over the last 3 seasons, your post actually read as parody to me until the end when I realized you were being serious.

I guess I'm indifferent. If Prime decides to keep him in a greatly reduced role, then great, but I don't see him as an indispensable asset of the personnel department. Honestly, based on everything over the last 3 seasons, your post actually read as parody to me until the end when I realized you were being serious.
I'm trying to avoid the mistake most of us made with our opinions of Mike Bohn. Sometimes decisions are made above our level and folks do the best they can with the hand they're dealt. It's easy to blame the person who by title is directly responsible, but sometimes those people are doing things beyond what they should have to cover and holding things together with duct tape & dental floss. If you provide leadership & structure while aligning those people in the correct role, they will shine for you. I don't believe Chandler is someone you have to keep by any stretch, but I'm comfortable with HCPT making these decisions and don't have a case to make that CD is someone who has to go or who can't be a good asset.

You and I don’t see eye to eye a lot, but I recall a story (2019-2021) of a recruit and his family waiting over an hour at DIA to get picked up by the staff. Operationally a mess. It all has to be burnt down.
And a high value recruit who's family came in on their own dime and couldn't even get an assistant to tell them which hotel would be best to stay at.

I mean, I get the school can't pay for it, but FFS. "What nights will you be here? We have deals with these two hotels, you can call them or I can do it for it you. When will you be on campus? Great, we'll have someone meet you."

not to drop a match in the gas tank, but there are some funny parallels between Prime at CU and Elon at Twitter

two guys with successful resumes and big egos come in and start clearing house. main difference is Prime has his braintrust with him and lots of goodwill in the industry to leverage. he also has a chip on his shoulder that is driving him to prove everyone what he's capable of and earn the respect of the doubters / generally treat the community with kindness (won't comment on Elon's approach here)

nevertheless, the wholesale wiping clean of the slate does give me a little bit of anxiety. you'd think you might want to keep a few folks around who have relationships outside of the football org, and at least know generally where to find things

When I was a CU undergraduate in the pre-internet 1980s, I didn't know the name of a single football staff member other than the head coach and maybe the athletic director. I learned about the players when I saw them on the field or on Coach Mac's Sunday evening TV show, or on rare occasions in an article in the Colorado Daily or the Rocky Mountain News. Sigh, for the good old days.

not to drop a match in the gas tank, but there are some funny parallels between Prime at CU and Elon at Twitter

two guys with successful resumes and big egos come in and start clearing house. main difference is Prime has his braintrust with him and lots of goodwill in the industry to leverage. he also has a chip on his shoulder that is driving him to prove everyone what he's capable of and earn the respect of the doubters / generally treat the community with kindness (won't comment on Elon's approach here)

nevertheless, the wholesale wiping clean of the slate does give me a little bit of anxiety. you'd think you might want to keep a few folks around who have relationships outside of the football org, and at least know generally where to find things
I’ll give you one major difference.

In one scenario the organization is an utter train wreck that needs a massive overhaul.

The other, not so much.

I’ll give you one major difference.

In one scenario the organization is an utter train wreck that needs a massive overhaul.

The other, not so much.

true, Twitter is only now an utter train wreck (but we also quickly forget the days of the fail whale)

also, tech vs sports. have just been interested in the common challenges and timing, not saying that edgelord troll Elon is even close to being in the realm of charisma and likability as HCPT

and acknowledging that Hagan is providing continuity at least. which is good since he is such a relationship guy

CU has been a laughing stock and was just “honored” as the worst football program in the country.

If coach Prime wants to go so far as to change out the cleaning crew, no one should bat an eye.

You don’t become as bad as they are without a losing culture being established and changing the culture almost always involves changing a lot of the people.

Back