1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CU Fan & Laser Last Week?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Rraalph 3000, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Rraalph 3000

Rraalph 3000 Well-Known Member

2. Chilly

Chilly Well-Known Member

That was an absolutely classless display by that fan and I hope they find him and ban him for life!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2008
  3. BlackNGold

BlackNGold Club Member Club Member

I hope you are kidding. Stuff like this makes me very sad :sad1: makes it difficult for CU to get support in the Denver Metro Area. CU is viewed all too often as a disgrace - the clearing of the stands in the NU game a few years ago. I try to get other business people interested in supporting CU athletics but this type of stuff does not help.

Chilly likes this.
  4. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

CU fan?? Laser???

SUPE, you got some 'splainin to do!! :cool:

The comments on that story are up to 300 plus. Most of them, of course, the fuskers warming up for next week by trotting out all the CU fan horror stories they are so fond of jerking each other off with. I even saw one who said CU fans are well known for turning cars on their sides. A new one to me, I have to say... :lol:

No mention of marshmallow filled nails, though... Somebody is slacking off... :smile2:

5. SuperiorBuff

SuperiorBuff Well-Known Member

Nope, mine is invisible.

The fact that it was a green laser is scary. Green lasers, 532 nm, are very easily absorbed by the retina and can cause serious damage, including blindness, with enough power. These lasers have safety labels on them and almost all of them lie. A green laser over that distance as bright as it was is easily over the 5 mw max for an "eye safe" device.

6. Rraalph 3000

Rraalph 3000 Well-Known Member

Pure sarcasm there my friend....nothing like scrolling to yahoo.com and in bold headlines is a picture of this **** and 300+ comments bashing CU and it's fans :sad1:

7. CUBUFF80

CUBUFF80 No Stinkin' Title Club Member

Shame on me, I thought it was remarkably creative.

8. Scotch

Scotch Registered User Club Member Junta Member

Unfortunately we'll all be lumped in with this jackass. :shot::pissed:

9. DallasFlier

DallasFlier Member

Yeah, especially with more of the same ilk chiming in on this thread as quoted below:
    I'm a Husker, but a Denver native also. I know most of the Buff fans aren't like that, but unfortunately there seem to be a few who keep trying their damnest to make sure the bad reputation sticks.

Coloradosker and HawtWf like this.
  10. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Shut up dumbass.

Waldo likes this.
  11. The Guest

The Guest Guest

I agree. To me it's sad that only approx. 40% of husker fans sent death threats to the nebraska staff last year, yet many Buff fans lump all husker fans into a single category.

12. DallasFlier

DallasFlier Member

Ah, now there's an intelligent contribution. :lol:
    40%? Hmm, and I thought CU offered a statistics class, apparently not! :smile:

13. Scotch

Scotch Registered User Club Member Junta Member

Ya, 40% was well below the actual number. :cool:

14. The Guest

The Guest Guest

And I thought that nebraska offered a course in irony.

What's your point? You wanna stir the pot? Is that why a husker fan posts on a CU fan site? Dude, you'll have to be much more creative to capture my attention.

15. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

I don't want to overwhelm with long sentences and big words. Dumbass.

16. DallasFlier

DallasFlier Member

Ask your own RuffBuff that question - you know, the allbuffs poster with almost 10,000 posts on Huskerpedia. :rolleyes:

17. Highflyer

Highflyer Moderator Club Member Junta Member

And fusker fan does it again. Pigeonholes all buff fans by the actions of one! How forward thinking.

18. The Guest

The Guest Guest

Ask him yourself--he's responsible for his own actions, and apparently you share memberships on at least two sites.

19. jpbuff

jpbuff Active Member

This just pisses me off. Once again I have to defend the loyal buff supporters to my fellow co-workers (CSU & Neb) fans that we are not all a bunch of knuckleheads. I understand that its only one fan that did this but thats all it takes to make the front page of the internet these days. I took my son to the A&M game and we were treated like brothers. I hope the hospitality rubbed off on him and I also told him I would personally kick his butt if I saw him do anything demeaning to another teams fans. Just more negative news that another coach tells a prospective recuits mother. You want you son playing at a school that has no sportsmanship, willing to do this kind of bullsh&t to another teams player. Hey I'm all for riding the opposing teams players during warmups and the game. But the throwing of stuff on the field and now this is just embarrassing.

Coloradosker likes this.
  20. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

They do. Prerequisites are washy and dry-y. Upon completion, students are eligible to continue graduate studies in foldy..... :smile2:

Early signup is encouraged, as most spots are reserved for academic all-Americans by the athletic department.... :lol:

21. CUBUFF80

CUBUFF80 No Stinkin' Title Club Member

Not condoning anything, just saying it's creative. You have no idea who I am, so please keep your lame judgements to huskerpedophelia with the rest of your worthless brethren

22. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

If only our receivers could pull out a "retractor beam", or our defense could activate a "deflector shield." :smile2: Our linemen should be issued "phasors", but only if we set them to stun.

23. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Club Member Club Member

Lay off. The fan was just trying to help the defense by pointing out who had the ball!:smile2:

24. jjbuffs13

jjbuffs13 Well-Known Member

It was a student about 6 rows behind me. I saw it on Robinson and turned around and saw the kid with it. I am really dissapointed to read about this as a student myself. Like jpbuff said, we were treated like we were from A&M in CS and that is the first and hopefully not last time that happens. Even the students were extraordinarily nice.

There have been countless times when, in Folsom, I have had CU students talk **** to me. I think some of that comes with the success, or lack thereof, we have had the past few years. I am tired of defending and dealing with the unsportsmanship that is constantly shown by our students (mostly).

25. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

[​IMG]
    YMSSR

26. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Just practicing his Power Point skills?

27. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

Interesting.

[video production rant]

Keep in mind that video cameras are more light sensitive than the human eye. The laser might not have actually been that bright, or even observable, as compared to how bright it looked on TV.

[/video production rant]

28. SuperiorBuff

SuperiorBuff Well-Known Member

It would have been visible without the video camera but possibly only because the white jersey reflected almost all of the beam. Given that the beam had diverged to about 2" or more in diameter the power density would have been pretty low and not able to do any eye damage. However, a green laser diffuse reflection at just about any power can produce an incredible ice cream head ache for about 2-5 minutes.

29. ladyblaise

ladyblaise Club Member Club Member

and they bring the lovefest here. PASS. that huskeresque BS is unappealing.

30. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

I prefer a star wars lightsaber myself! I'm sure some other fool at another school will try to replicate this stupid stunt!