What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

I'd be against what you posted, too. I don't know where a ACC vs PAC championship game came from.

I'm talking about a formal scheduling alliance to help drive national ratings and exposure for both conferences so the ACC, PAC and ESPN achieve greater value from the broadcast packages.
I’ve noticed a lack of news on the partnership the last few days. I’m not writing it off though. I do not trust anything coming out of 24/7 when it comes to this kind of intel.

Their state actually has a monster budget surplus and is in one of the best financial conditions in he country. But don’t let facts get in the way of a stupid take…
Yeah. There are certain groups that have talking points about CA budget problems, economic stagnation and people fleeing the state. None of it true since the Governator. Surplus with tremendous GDP and population growth. I don't want to turn this too political, but we should at least be correct with our facts when discussing whether we want CU economically tied to the CA market.

Canzano says ESPN really needs the Pac 12 to fill out its west coast time slots. Remains to be seen if they are willing to present a good offer for exclusive rights or if they’re willing to roll the dice by low balling and let the P10 get outside the 30 day exclusive window and negotiate with other networks.
If I were ESPN (and I am) I would have told all the schools involved in this list to band together and form a new conference and you’ll all be paid $50M apiece guaranteed + get an ACC partnership out of it. Who would have said no to that?

-Colorado
-Utah
-Oregon
-Washington
-Stanford
-Cal
-Arizona
-Arizona St
-San Diego St
-Baylor
-TCU
-Houston
-Kansas
-Oklahoma St
-West Virginia
-Cincinnati

What is ridiculous is that the B1G could set up their new media deal so that they they to renegotiate again in like 5 - 7 years, so they could potentially renegotiate 2 more times before the ACC deal expires, lol.
Mods-does SuperD get the week off for being post 3000 in this thread?

Asking for a friend.

If I were ESPN (and I am) I would have told all the schools involved in this list to band together and form a new conference and you’ll all be paid $50M apiece guaranteed + get an ACC partnership out of it. Who would have said no to that?

-Colorado
-Utah
-Oregon
-Washington
-Stanford
-Cal
-Arizona
-Arizona St
-San Diego St
-Baylor
-TCU
-Houston
-Kansas
-Oklahoma St
-West Virginia
-Cincinnati

Why the **** would ESPN give that collection of schools $50M per? What does that bring to the ACC?

Think before you post. Seriously.

Perhaps the mods setup a new thread restricted to only news on realignment, with a rule that idle speculation and stupidity in the new thread will lead to a permanent ban. Thanks in advance bitches.

Haven’t you been on here for a few days now talking about how the Big18 would garner a much bigger media deal than the Pac10?
Not with Cal and Stanford (who are ****ing worthless in this conversation) involved and BYU not (likely because the dumbshits in California don't want them). They're a brand-whether we want to admit it or not.

Vic's proposal is ridiculous and its not happening.

Last edited:
What is ridiculous is that the B1G could set up their new media deal so that they they to renegotiate again in like 5 - 7 years, so they could potentially renegotiate 2 more times before the ACC deal expires, lol.
Why would they do that?

Games against Utah, Oregon, and Washington can be fun. Those schools have good/ relatively committed fan bases. Beyond that... PAC football is just unfortunately not very passionate/ fun.
All 3 of those schools are better than any team the little 12 has. And Stanford, CU and ASU are on par or better than any school the leftover 12 can provide.

Best option is start an entirely new conference, ditch wazzu, osu and maybe cal. Then poach the best of leftover 12, and unlv. Profit.

Short of that, adding the best of little 12 to PAC is infinity better than taking the only bonafide programs into the shell that was the big 12.

Their state actually has a monster budget surplus and is in one of the best financial conditions in he country. But don’t let facts get in the way of a stupid take…
I’m ignoring the facts? The fact is that those surpluses, should they exist, are nothing more than Gavin Newsome’s fleecing of the middle class of California in the name of the corporations he represents you ignorant lamb. (Baa Baa)

You be you Manhattan. God bless you

Last edited:
Only way that works is if Riley delivers big time at USC.
Why? What’s Fox going to do in 5 years. Both ESPN and Fox are both now in the position where they essentially have to give the leagues what they want. Moreso Fox because they don’t have any other premier inventory.

Why? What’s Fox going to do in 5 years. Both ESPN and Fox are both now in the position where they essentially have to give the leagues what they want. Moreso Fox because they don’t have any other premier inventory.
When you have the TV rights to 10+ games each for brands like Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, and USC, do you need more inventory? I'd throw those schools on in the morning, afternoon, and prime time.......and then roll with the MWC in that Larry Scott window for right now.

I'm sure there will be an automatic renegotiation clause in that deal if they ever do get ND though.

When you have the TV rights to 10+ games each for brands like Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, and USC, do you need more inventory? I'd throw those schools on in the morning, afternoon, and prime time.......and then roll with the MWC in that Larry Scott window for right now.

I'm sure there will be an automatic renegotiation clause in that deal if they ever do get ND though.
Dude. You responded to my post saying a short term negotiation wouldn’t work unless Riley and SC deliver big time, and I’m saying that it doesn’t really matter. The B1G ultimately holds all the cards, not Fox.

Dude. You responded to my post saying a short term negotiation wouldn’t work unless Riley and SC deliver big time, and I’m saying that it doesn’t really matter. The B1G ultimately holds all the cards, not Fox.
Sure it does. What kind of ratings have ****ty USC teams drawn the last few years?

I’m ignoring the facts? The fact is that those surpluses, should they exist, are nothing more than Gavin Newsome’s fleecing of the middle class of California in the name of the corporations he represents you ignorant lamb. (Baa Baa)

You be you Manhattan. God bless you
70% of tax rev comes from those making >$200k.

Back