What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

It’s all bs! The deal will be crap but cu will stay because they are followers not leaders. So the cali contingent of, little Jim, nik, and liver will be happy. Hooray!! Because so many of the alumni go on road trips! Bs. We get to be stuck on the west coast bs with no national marketing or exposure and late night games! and I’m supposed to shell out more $ to a streaming service that I refuse to do. Let’s see how much $ they really make. again, very few people outside of each teams footprint will sign up for this. No one in the south or Midwest give a rats a** about the pac. Our recruiting gets hammered.

I don’t care what conference CU is in as long as it is not on the P12N as it is today. I am not a fan of night games and that is where on demand viewing is important since I can watch the games at a better time for me on like a Monday or Tuesday if not Sunday night. This favors the Big 12 on the surface but my concern would be with the Fox Sports stuff. This could force us to have at least two streaming subs. The P12 and Apple stuff would be so much better because we need just one sub. What is what I liked about ESPN+ only deals for some conferences.

The sec does this every yr. with 4 body bag games pr team and they do just fine which is bs.

Yes the SEC schools play FCS schools but not the non scholarship FCS teams. Those teams are D3 programs with D1 amenities. Not a fair fight and the SEC would place less schools in the CFP as a result.

It’s all bs! The deal will be crap but cu will stay because they are followers not leaders. So the cali contingent of, little Jim, nik, and liver will be happy. Hooray!! Because so many of the alumni go on road trips! Bs. We get to be stuck on the west coast bs with no national marketing or exposure and late night games! and I’m supposed to shell out more $ to a streaming service that I refuse to do. Let’s see how much $ they really make. again, very few people outside of each teams footprint will sign up for this. No one in the south or Midwest give a rats a** about the pac. Our recruiting gets hammered.
Good Time Nod GIF by Disney Channel

Lot’s of hand wringing and feet stomping in reaction to the PAC-12 not announcing a new television deal on Friday. “Bad look” and all that jazz but it ultimately does not matter.

What actually matters is the deal that the PAC-12 ends up signing. It will happen. It will be horrible, fantastic or somewhere in the middle but until it is announced nothing else matters.
Yeah can you stop being so realistic and matter of fact? This thread is not the place.

Actually I was thinking Rae Carruth. Definitely a CSU grad.
That fvcking guy. You'll find no one defending him. Kudos to Buffs4Life and everyone who has donated to make sure the kid (Chancellor Lee) has been provided for. The Carolina Panthers have also stepped up. It was great to see the stories of him graduating from HS. Rae can rot in hell.
1689781281899.jpeg

Every time anybody brings up Carruth, I think about what a good kid he was when he was here. There were some characters on that team, but he never put one toe out of line. To see what he became is horrifying.
Yeah. That's a pretty common observation. Obviously there was something broken in him that laid below the surface. Maybe being outside the more structured college environment with all that money, fame and pressure was something he wasn't equipped for. Maybe he was just good at hiding who he is to play a role to set him up to get his (full blown sociopath). I don't know. The whole damn thing is tragic.

Talking about the PAC now- says deal had been presented to the new board presidents but rejected as it was 80% streaming and 20% regional linear.
If you believe their sources, the PAC is struggling to find anything better.

FWIW- main guy on show is rooting for PAC to survive. He wishes Amazon could be all streaming partner.

We know the deal is coming and we have been "ridiculously" patient as fans.

I'd prefer the PAC stay at 10 schools in this case if it means better CFP access.

We know the deal is coming and we have been "ridiculously" patient as fans.

I'd prefer the PAC stay at 10 schools in this case if it means better CFP access.
From what I saw yesterday from Canzano the debate to expand is between more CFP revenue (stay at 10) vs more media revenue (expand to 12 or more).

I think they need more media revenue and I don’t think it hurts any existing teams chances to make the CFP if they do expand as those teams will struggle as they ramp up (easy wins).

Ross is one I can trust and he's saying this could go on into August.
Issue from this 'news' is there's nothing substantial. No hints, no meat on the bone. It's just the same **** that keeps getting reported.
Complaining about that and then posting tons of pro-B12 YouTube videos that have been saying the same thing for months is proof that irony is dead.

Talking about the PAC now- says deal had been presented to the new board presidents but rejected as it was 80% streaming and 20% regional linear.
If you believe their sources, the PAC is struggling to find anything better.

FWIW- main guy on show is rooting for PAC to survive. He wishes Amazon could be all streaming partner.

Honest question. Do you enjoy following this media deal so closely? I’m not here to yuck any yums, so if that is what you really like spending time on, go for it. But it seems like CU is likely in a pretty good place, just waiting on the data to make a decision. And when the decision is made, I’m sure there will be all sorts of analysis on whether it was the right one or not. But until then, this all seems kind of pointless, doesn’t it? Or am I missing something?

Honest question. Do you enjoy following this media deal so closely? I’m not here to yuck any yums, so if that is what you really like spending time on, go for it. But it seems like CU is likely in a pretty good place, just waiting on the data to make a decision. And when the decision is made, I’m sure there will be all sorts of analysis on whether it was the right one or not. But until then, this all seems kind of pointless, doesn’t it? Or am I missing something?
There has been 0 news in months. I'm amazed all these youtubed radio shows are able to still talk about this stuff. But even more amazed people keep listening.

There has been 0 news in months. I'm amazed all these youtubed radio shows are able to still talk about this stuff. But even more amazed people keep listening.
What I find fascinating is they don’t get called out on their track record of being wrong 100% of the time by their listeners when part of their gimmick is to point out flaws in others reporting.

For me it's almost like a daily soap.
"As The PAC Turns" I'm just fascinated to see how it will finally end. Who wins? Who loses ?
Unfortunately if not in the BIG10 or SEC you lose.

For me it's almost like a daily soap.
"As The PAC Turns" I'm just fascinated to see how it will finally end. Who wins? Who loses ?
Unfortunately if not in the BIG10 or SEC you lose.
Cool. Like I said, whatever you enjoy, great. Just doesn’t seem even remotely interesting to me, until we have something definitive to discuss. But to each their own!

And then there is another shakeup on the pacs board of directors.

Stanfords president is now forced to resign. Ba boom...tish.

Back