What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

ITB getting ready to finally be right
gear up arnold schwarzenegger GIF

Arnold Schwarzenegger Reaction GIF

gear up arnold schwarzenegger GIF

More proof this conference's leadership still doesn't have any idea what it’s doing in my view.
A 10 team conference with major perception issue, that lost its blue blood program playing 8 conference games so it can create weak schedules isn’t going to have the positive affect you think it will

I guarantee you part of the media deal is that there will be 9-10 P5 matchups per Pac 10 program, which will mean 9 conference games. The networks/streaming aren’t looking for less overall inventory (24 games) while also increasing the shiftiness of said inventory.
That's crazy talk. You actually think that someone will pay more for more and better content/assets?

Seriously, did someone think otherwise? I ask, because I'd like to know so that AB can be progressively understanding and make accommodations for people who shouldn't be held to the typical standard through no fault of their own.

A 10 team conference with major perception issue, that lost its blue blood program playing 8 conference games so it can create weak schedules isn’t going to have the positive affect you think it will
The major perception issue goes back to this conference not having had a team in the playoff since 2016. When you cannibalize yourself like the Pac usually does every year in conference play, its easier for ESPN/FOX/whoever to look at you as late night TV filler.

The other way is expansion. Look at the Big 10-they have teams who should be easier wins for their powerhouses. Rutgers. Maryland. Northwestern was going the wrong direction even before news of the hazing leaked. Nebraska has the longest bowl drought in the Power 5. The Pac 12 doesn't have that now with Prime in Boulder. Cal wasn't even that last year-they lost to USC, Notre Dame, and Washington by less than a TD.

Adding teams would solve inventory while opening up the door for bigger games in late November-like the Big 10 had with Ohio State/Michigan the last two years. IIRC......wasn't that #2 vs #3 in the CFP or something like it last year?

Something is definitely happening tomorrow, but it’s not clear yet if it has anything to do with the Pac 12 or college football. As long as the earth is still spinning, something should occur. I was hoping the news break would launch this thread to page 500. That’s what it’s come to, rooting for news to break on a specific page of an awesome yet cringeworthy thread.

Maybe Apple and the Pac 12 will jointly purchase ESPN, nobody would see that coming!

Nothing burger except for the news that GK is supposed to finally present numbers tomorrow.

Nothing burger except for no news that GK is supposed to finally present numbers tomorrow. I understand it can be cute and fun to take information and twist it a little to make it sound more dramatic, but in the end it doesn't change things.

For this meeting to all of a sudden show up a day before PAC Media Day, it's obvious to me GK is being forced to play whatever cards he has. Question being what's he holding.

For this meeting to all of a sudden show up a day before PAC Media Day, it's obvious to me GK is being forced to play whatever cards he has. Question being what's he holding.
Please bust...I hate the P whatever Gilbert Gottfried Up all night thing needs to die.

Nothing burger except for no news that GK is supposed to finally present numbers tomorrow. I understand it can be cute and fun to take information and twist it a little to make it sound more dramatic, but in the end it doesn't change things.
From Keeler's Denver Post article.

DiStefano said clarity on the new media partnerships is expected to be presented to league chancellors and presidents Thursday by conference commissioner George Kliavkoff.

I'll admit 'clarity' may not necessarily mean numbers, however GK would be foolish to hold back what he has. You don't think the presidents aren't expecting them?

From Keeler's Denver Post article.

DiStefano said clarity on the new media partnerships is expected to be presented to league chancellors and presidents Thursday by conference commissioner George Kliavkoff.

I'll admit 'clarity' may not necessarily mean numbers, however GK would be foolish to hold back what he has. You don't think the presidents aren't expecting them?
How could it not involve numbers? it's already squirrely then add a dash of DiStefano and it gets worse anyone that doesn't see this ...
bnkaldkurnadnlfulkekdu = DiStefano and sports and Benson wasn't any better.

Unless I missed it, that meeting doesn’t even say it’s about athletics - the BOR does occasionally deal with other things besides conference media deals so it could be completely unrelated.

I think Rick told Howell to get a haircut
Funny man. Here's what RG said for those who need a refresher:

“You’ve got to believe about a third of what you see out there,” George told BuffZone. “We’re members of the Pac-12, we’re proud members of the Pac-12 and we’ve got to see where our media rights deal lands and where our conference goes. In a perfect world, we’d love to be in the Pac-12, but we also have to do what’s right for Colorado at the end of the day. We’ll evaluate things as we move forward.”

Clowns like Altimore retweeting this and being like "See?" are making me laugh.

Funny man. Here's what RG said for those who need a refresher:

“You’ve got to believe about a third of what you see out there,” George told BuffZone. “We’re members of the Pac-12, we’re proud members of the Pac-12 and we’ve got to see where our media rights deal lands and where our conference goes. In a perfect world, we’d love to be in the Pac-12, but we also have to do what’s right for Colorado at the end of the day. We’ll evaluate things as we move forward.”

Clowns like Altimore retweeting this and being like "See?" are making me laugh.
That's a master class in saying "no comment at this time" without saying "no comment at this time."

Unless I missed it, that meeting doesn’t even say it’s about athletics - the BOR does occasionally deal with other things besides conference media deals so it could be completely unrelated.
Certainly.
.....but work with me here... it's interesting until it's not..

Certainly.
.....but work with me here... it's interesting until it's not..
Holy ****…

Ok, seriously, I give you **** because your act is transparent and hilarious but I’m genuinely worried about your health now. Dude… it’s a ****ing football conference. It doesn’t mean **** in the long run. Or medium run. Or any run. You need to shut your internet down for a bit because this is getting scary.

Holy ****…

Ok, seriously, I give you **** because your act is transparent and hilarious but I’m genuinely worried about your health now. Dude… it’s a ****ing football conference. It doesn’t mean **** in the long run. Or medium run. Or any run. You need to shut your internet down for a bit because this is getting scary.
I appreciate your concern.
Just having some fun here.
It's the dog days of summer when there's no football, basketball or Avalanche hockey.
Does Denver have a baseball team?
If they did and they were competitive,
I'd maybe focus more on that.

Back