What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

Why would Oregon or UW join Big12?
If they can't get a B1G invite and the 4 MTZ programs are going to the Big 12, their options come down to 1) independence, 2) Big 12, or 3) MWC merger. Option 2 would look pretty good all of a sudden.

If they can't get a B1G invite and the 4 MTZ programs are going to the Big 12, their options come down to 1) independence, 2) Big 12, or 3) MWC merger. Option 2 would look pretty good all of a sudden.
Are 4 MTZ teams better off in Big12 or leftover Pac (with UO and UW) plus SDSU and Boise? I prefer sticking with UW-UO.

Fluid situation. Still this was my vote for most likely outcome because I don’t trust this school to do anything right.

I'm heartened by the idea that we're in lockstep with UU. They have made mostly all the right moves since the 2000s. They've gotten ****ed too, but the Pac-12 was a move up for them, not a lateral move like it was for us.

It's a stable conference that is a clear #3 with good football programs. A Pac 10 situation would be a disaster.
I respectfully don't get the "stability in the big12" argument, if you rewind 12 months, they were having the same sky is falling attitude that the conference was toast. Then they added a couple G5 teams, and now all is well?

I respectfully don't get the "stability in the big12" argument, if you rewind 12 months, they were having the same sky is falling attitude that the conference was toast. Then they added a couple G5 teams, and now all is well?

I think the difference is most here believe Oregon and Washington will leave at a moments notice and nobody wants to get caught with their pants down. The B12 looked F’ed but i never felt they were going to die like the P12. I don’t LOVE the idea of going to the B12 because I think it’s also kind of a lame duck, admission of failure. But at least they play football in that conference in places that love football and it’s feels more natural than Stanford, cal, Oregon etc. I think nostalgia is helping most posters justify the idea.

I'm sure the Big 12 is looking back at last year and wishing the OU/UT defection had happened this year. They'd much rather be taking Pac-12 schools than G5 schools.

ACC >B12. Clear distant #4 or 5.
Without Clemson, what has the ACC been in FOOTBALL the last decade?

No other sports matter in regards to this situation.

Clemson, FSU, Miami are the only brands that move the needle in that conference in football, and two have them have been mediocre to bad the last decade.

The Big 12 hasn't really got brand names with Texas and OU leaving, but there's several football programs there, with the new additions that have produced better than the ACC.

I think the difference is most here believe Oregon and Washington will leave at a moments notice and nobody wants to get caught with their pants down. The B12 looked F’ed but i never felt they were going to die like the P12. I don’t LOVE the idea of going to the B12 because I think it’s also kind of a lame duck, admission of failure. But at least they play football in that conference in places that love football and it’s feels more natural than Stanford, cal, Oregon etc. I think nostalgia is helping most posters justify the idea.
I'm sure the Big 12 is looking back at last year and wishing the OU/UT defection had happened this year. They'd much rather be taking Pac-12 schools than G5 schools.
So it's better to join a conference with zero marquee programs, because at least we know they won't leave us?

Yeah, kind of. A lot has changed over the last 5 days. Less than a week ago, with USC and UCLA in the conference to go with Oregon, Washington and Utah, as nationally competitive programs, the conference was on good footing. It's now completely fallen apart and the future of CFB is as unknown as it's ever been.

The Big 12 currently consists of some really good football programs that are based in recruiting hotbeds, and they all take their football seriously. The Pac 12 is dying.

Without Clemson, what has the ACC been in FOOTBALL the last decade?

No other sports matter in regards to this situation.

Clemson, FSU, Miami are the only brands that move the needle in that conference in football, and two have them have been mediocre to bad the last decade.

The Big 12 hasn't really got brand names with Texas and OU leaving, but there's several football programs there, with the new additions that have produced better than the ACC.

Definitely. Plus the ACC is a dead man walking. Whether it lasts til 2036 or not, they're gonna be destroyed too.

In some ways, it was best for the Big 12 to be the first to picked off, because they got some decent schools to take the places of the defectors. The Pac-12 isn't going to survive that because of geography, and the ACC refugees might find all the places taken.

Yeah, kind of. A lot has changed over the last 5 days. Less than a week ago, with USC and UCLA in the conference to go with Oregon, Washington and Utah, as nationally competitive programs, the conference was on good footing. It's now completely fallen apart and the future of CFB is as unknown as it's ever been.

The Big 12 currently consists of some really good football programs that are based in recruiting hotbeds, and they all take their football seriously. The Pac 12 is dying.
The Big XII is just generally good in all sports, they just take their football seriously, unlike much of the Pac. Which means, we're going to get our **** pushed in worse if we don't start taking it seriously.

Basketball will be fun though.

Back