What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

god I love cu but the assholes on here really piss me off. You all feel so entitled. It’s mostly you shiithead left wing aholes that have to throw politics into the mix. Do you drive dickhead? Do you get gas our wait an hour for your ev? Whatever your choice you are stopping some where ahole! so fVck you! if you don’t drive or commute shut the FVck up!

clueless-brittany-murphy.gif

Man. The level of annoyance in this post, you'd think the post you responded to was egregiously out of line.

The point is LA to NJ is a long ****ing flight. Pullman to Orlando is also a long ****ing flight with more logistics involved. Maybe it's a bit worse, but it's not substantially different.

Perhaps you'd like to replace Pullman to Orlando with Eugene to Orlando. Is that a better comparison?

Relax!
The better comparison is la to state college, PA, but even then there's a direct flight.

When there are direct flights, it sucks, but it really is measurably worse when connections are required. Regional airport on one coast to regional airport on other coast is a special level of misery.

If you're always starting or ending in a big city with a major airport as the LA schools are, it's not nearly as bad.

WSU non football teams would really suffer in a coast to coast conference in a way that the LA schools simply will not.

The LA trip for Rutgers or Maryland isn't going to be any worse for them than getting to Iowa City.

UCF getting to Denver, Phoenix, Seattle, Salt Lake, SFO, etc wouldn't be much worse.

But getting to Pullman, oof.

And yeah, I do get too annoyed about it, but it's like none of you have ever tried to fly from a small regional airport on one coast to anything but a large airport on the other coast - and for business when you're trying to fit a particular meeting schedule to the airline schedule.

It very simply really, really sucks.

Will people that dislike the move feel different if Arizona, UW and UO join? Or do you like being with Cal/Stanford too much?
I dislike the move because I hate to see one of the greatest college athletic conferences be destroyed. If some combination of UA, UU, ASU, UO and UW comes along, it will suck a little less. I honestly couldn’t care less about Cal and Stanford.

My impression from most of the replies I've seen is that more Pac additions is something most of us would feel is signicantly positive for CU. We don't perfectly fit either conference's geography and have important ties to both. When politics creeps in, you also see the purple state CO stuff where we're a state that's home to "Focus on the Family" Colorado Springs, "Berkeley of the Rockies" Boulder, and everything in between. So a conference which balanced Midwest, Southwest, Rocky Mountain and Pacific Coast is pretty much as home for CU/CO as you can get.
If I'm the Big 12, I'm taking San Diego State if the Pac 12-3 continues to dither.

I agree. But it's still gross.

The Pac was inept in many ways, but not gross or particularly weird. The Big XII feels both gross and weird. But it's our best option, so I'm happy to be here in this gross, weird place!
No one will ever convince me this isn’t a garbage conference filled with uninteresting and unwatchable brands. Give me Oregon, Washington, Utah and even Stanford over anyone in the b12. Sorry not sorry folks.

A minor point at a time such as this....

EDIT: Let me add, when I am on the road in the South, which occurs from time to time, I relish a stop at Buc-ee's, and no I am not, repeat not, in a semi, nor have I ever seen one there. But it is still a truck stop to me, since any gas station bigger than you average Wal-Mart qualifies as a truck stop in my book. I won't even go into the 327 different flavors of soda...
So . . . full erection when you go to Buc-ee’s. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
Now we transition slowly to a discussion on whether it was the right move.
Are you kidding?

Speculation of who else to add.

Scheduling configurations.

Who to potentially drop and/or how big to get if the ACC members start jumping ship for the SEC and B1G.

What timeline and milestones CU has to hit for the B1G and SEC to fight over the Buffs.

Then onto the next phase. This thread will outlive all the 35 year olds currently posting and lurking here.

It's glorious!

RG: We want to be on linear networks and we get that with ESPN and Fox (in the press conference). Said linear at least three times. Basically said it’s all about team travel (?), linear exposure, game times and additional revenue streams outside of the media deal (maybe a nod to the playoff revenue?).

Basically, he’s anti-Apple and uses an Android (Samsung at that).

RG: We want to be on linear networks and we get that with ESPN and Fox (in the press conference). Said linear at least three times. Basically said it’s all about team travel (?), linear exposure, game times and additional revenue streams outside of the media deal (maybe a nod to the playoff revenue?).

Are you telling me RG is ITB?

Checks notes. Yep. That sounds like RG.

Back