What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

I just want to see this ****ing league die. It was the worst move in the history of Colorado athletics.
It was the right move at the time. But the P12 has been a **** show ever since we moved over, from the P12 network to having a **** product on the field.

It was the right move at the time. But the P12 has been a **** show ever since we moved over, from the P12 network to having a **** product on the field.
Again, worst move in the history of the CU Athletic Department. Nobody cares how good of an idea it was at the time.

I mean people still talk about Dan Hawkins being a home run in 2005 when that happened.

Ill wait on what the Big 12/national media say. Not really sure Wilner and Canzano are that credible right now.......because they're pretty much throwing out there whatever the Pac 10 CEO group tells them to.

Going was the right decision, but everything Larry Scott did after we got there was horrible.
Even at the time we came.

A visionary would have figured out Longhorn Network, unequal revenue sharing and an unbalanced cross-division schedule to give the top dogs what they needed to be happy.

We'd have had a Pac-16 which added UT, OU, TTU, OSU, CU and Utah with those schools Plus UA & ASU in the Eastern Division. That conference would have lasted and been an absolute power broker. 😢

Regardless of whether the Pac absorbs the select teams from B12 or vice versa, we seriously need to get a HC with Texas roots this time. Tom Herman is an analyst rn and he’d work.

Get a Texas coach + get the Texas roots going again and I bet we could be exciting in the new league

Again, worst move in the history of the CU Athletic Department. Nobody cares how good of an idea it was at the time.

I mean people still talk about Dan Hawkins being a home run in 2005 when that happened.

Ill wait on what the Big 12/national media say. Not really sure Wilner and Canzano are that credible right now.......because they're pretty much throwing out there whatever the Pac 10 CEO group tells them to.
This is some revisionist history bull**** right here. The B12 was on the verge of collapse. Texas was trying to take everything for themselves and OU was OK with that. Mizzou and the Nubs bolted and the P12 was by far the better option than sticking around to see if UT and OU would leave everyone holding the bag (and they did, just took longer than I expected).

Regardless of whether the Pac absorbs the select teams from B12 or vice versa, we seriously need to get a HC with Texas roots this time. Tom Herman is an analyst rn and he’d work.

Get a Texas coach + get the Texas roots going again and I bet we could be exciting in the new league
Hire the Kent State staff. Bonus is that you also have a high-powered unique offense that will excite fans and give you a better chance for upsets of more talented teams.

Staying in a dead conference, while better options are available, is so RG.
I really thought he was solid when he stepped in, Raised funds and made Stadium upgrades, then hired an SEC up and coming coach. Every decision since that hire has been a nightmare

This is some revisionist history bull**** right here. The B12 was on the verge of collapse. Texas was trying to take everything for themselves and OU was OK with that. Mizzou and the Nubs bolted and the P12 was by far the better option than sticking around to see if UT and OU would leave everyone holding the bag (and they did, just took longer than I expected).
And we're probably heading back to that league a decade after we made the move. That kind of tells you everything about how much of a success this was.....doesn't it?

Tom Herman would be a homerun hire for a program like CU
He’s stuck on the Bears right now in an off field role, shamed by his firing and needs a little pick-me up chance to prove he’s still got it.

He could easily get another blue blood job after rehabbing his HC resume at a school like CU.

He would fit what we need right now perfectly

If we're keeping the Pac together, the move is the 2 big Texas metros. Do what you need to do to poach TCU and Houston. From there, run the math to see if anyone else makes the numbers work to go to 14 or 16. Kansas? Okie Lite? SDSU? Boise St? UNLV?

If we're keeping the Pac together, the move is the 2 big Texas metros. Do what you need to do to poach TCU and Houston. From there, run the math to see if anyone else makes the numbers work to go to 14 or 16. Kansas? Okie Lite? SDSU? Boise St? UNLV?
I don't know that Houston really moves the needle for TV sets. A&M owns the Houston market.

Back