What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

Ah, if Michael Dyer's knee had actually been down, Auburn wouldn't have got into field-goal range, Oregon would have won a title and perhaps things would have played out differently (i.e., if Oregon had gone on to win multiple titles, could it have changed perceptions?).

I still think P12 leadership considered the core teams immutable and is shell shocked.
If they thought that, maybe they should have gotten the message when they announced the ACC/B1G/P12 scheduling alliance and USC immediately announced signing a season kickoff game with LSU in Las Vegas. Heads in the sand.

Ah, if Michael Dyer's knee had actually been down, Auburn wouldn't have got into field-goal range, Oregon would have won a title and perhaps things would have played out differently (i.e., if Oregon had gone on to win multiple titles, could it have changed perceptions?).

I still think P12 leadership considered the core teams immutable and is shell shocked.
Ifs and butts, etc. Facts: P10 was elite. Larry Scott was god awful.

I hate to say this, but all this talk about the possibilities of the SEC/B1G/B12, then the doom talk of the P10 make me think you are all ignoring that the MWC is a reality for all of CU's levels of commitment and administration smarts. The music is going to stop and CU is going to be standing there without a home. What makes you think any of the actions in the past 20 years spell otherwise?

This is the kind of thread fans of real football programs link to and laugh about. CU and the SEC...my god.

I hate to say this, but all this talk about the possibilities of the SEC/B1G/B12, then the doom talk of the P10 make me think you are all ignoring that the MWC is a reality for all of CU's levels of commitment and administration smarts. The music is going to stop and CU is going to be standing there without a home. What makes you think any of the actions in the past 20 years spell otherwise?

This is the kind of thread fans of real football programs link to and laugh about. CU and the SEC...my god.
I think the mountain west is where CU deserves to be with the level they take athletics seriously... at this point i believe the big12 is the most likely outcome.

Just like DFW viewership is owned by UT & OU. But those markets being in-footprint is worth a sh!t load more than anything else the Big 12 has to offer.
Idk if it's still what it was, don't follow recruiting as much anymore? Yeah, Texas would get guys there, OU owned that region for the most part.

Here's the crazy thing: sometimes you are more attractive than you realize to someone else. I believe our most recent games vs SEC opponents have been the split with Georgia, the close bowl loss to Alabama and the close loss to Texas A&M. Throw in a strong new market and a ton of history with OU, Mizzou, aTm and UT (plus any other western partner).

I agree it's crazy, but so was my wife deciding to date me and that I was sponge-worthy.

I mean, it’s only being discussed because the various scenarios are being reported by non-CU media/fans as either likely, rumored, or at least possible. It’s not like we’re WSU or Oregon State fans talking about the same scenarios without any national discussion whatsoever. CU is on par or better as a program than most current Big 12 programs from an attractiveness standpoint

Well I have now run the full gauntlet of emotions. I had myself pretty convinced that the b12 would be the likely outcome and now after reading all the latest speculation in this thread I feel like we are either dropping football or headed to Mwc level

That would be likely if any of these rumors or thoughts started here…you say this like everything in this thread isn’t fueled by the national media.

Why would Oregon or UW join Big12?
What brands are in B12?
☝️☝️☝️ This

Well I have now run the full gauntlet of emotions. I had myself pretty convinced that the b12 would be the likely outcome and now after reading all the latest speculation in this thread I feel like we are either dropping football or headed to Mwc level
Were going to be in the new pac-10. And you should be thrilled.

We advanced after the Big8
We advanced after the Big12
We hit our glass ceiling.
Be thankful were still not in the Big12.
But accept that weve been left behind.

You should be thankful because, for maybe two to five years, we will have a chance to reimagine ourselves and do some of the right things that make us an easy choice for the B1G or SECs next round of growth. We will play Oregon almost every year now. Whats nice is were not too far west. We have a top25 TV market with no near peer that can divide that market. But were not ready for primetime today.

Last edited:
I'm curious where the sudden (second dose) of doom and gloom is coming from.

I've seen nothing that changes what we've seen for the last couple of days - CU remains in lock step with ASU, UU, and most likely UA.

I know that we all have reasonable concerns about the way that CU has handled our business in the last 20 years, but the other 3 (especially UU) have worked in a much more proactive manner over that same time, so I'm not sure why we would be thinking that anything has suddenly changed.

I've seen nothing that changes what we've seen for the last couple of days - CU remains in lock step with ASU, UU, and most likely UA.

I know that we all have reasonable concerns about the way that CU has handled our business in the last 20 years, but the other 3 (especially UU) have worked in a much more proactive manner over that same time, so I'm not sure why we would be thinking that anything has suddenly changed.
Self preservation. Given the fact that the current lot could **** up a wet dream, it stands to reason that this will go badly as well.

The world has changed around us….financial earthquake… We went to the shelter in the basement of the local H.S. and discussed a good theme for this year’s prom. Final choice: Enchantment Under the Debt in the Mountain West or Former Gladiators of the PAC12 Colosseum.

Last edited:

The B1G appears to be done expanding. We werent included. Do you need a map?

Dora The Explorer GIF by Paramount+

Here's the crazy thing: sometimes you are more attractive than you realize to someone else. I believe our most recent games vs SEC opponents have been the split with Georgia, the close bowl loss to Alabama and the close loss to Texas A&M. Throw in a strong new market and a ton of history with OU, Mizzou, aTm and UT (plus any other western partner).

I agree it's crazy, but so was my wife deciding to date me and that I was sponge-worthy.
I like the positive spin. But that outcome assumes RG is bright enough to pull it off :unsure:

It was absolutely stunning how bad it was handled. How they didn't have Directv onboard right when it was launched is beyond me. Yeah, I know nowadays who gives a **** about them, but 10 years ago (or whatever it was), that was critical.
We should have held a gun to the head of the DTv CEO. He was such a loser. Oh wait his business imploded too. Loser

There is nothing to ****up.

Were mince meat and have been for years.

Unless you go back and undo the restrictions post Barnett and maintained a relative program. too late

You should be thankful because, for maybe two to five years, we will have a chance to reimagine ourselves and do some of the right things that make us an easy choice for the B1G or SECs next round of growth. We will play Oregon almost every year now. Whats nice is were not too far west. We have a top25 TV market with no near peer that can divide that market. But were not ready for primetime today.

Pick one you blabbering dip ****

Pick one you blabbering dip ****
On the first one: were not getting into the Big10/SEC this year. Full stop. Im just crushing on peoples dream catchers with my boots. Suckitup people.

On the 2nd one: The Big10 is probably done for now. We have a chance to turn things around for when the B1G decides it might expand again in a few two years from now. Stop wasting time. Here is now.

Back