What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

The B1G appears to be done expanding. We werent included. Do you need a map?

Dora The Explorer GIF by Paramount+

Well yeah - we're not going to be in the Big Ten. I figured we were all past that.

I was referring to the sudden onslaught of posters saying we were bound to be part of the MWC.

Well yeah - we're not going to be in the Big Ten. I figured we were all past that.

I was referring to the sudden onslaught of posters saying we were bound to be part of the MWC.
There are 10 good teams in the Pac10. Until there is not. Were in the Pac10. Whats so hard for people to understand?

It appears that the weapons magazine was not secured. 🤣

Nothing says ‘Merica like that ahit show.

I once engaged in a bottle rocket conflict similar to this. I was the designated armorer. We were ambushed by the enemy. During the engagement the magazine, a paper bag in my care holding our additional ammo, was Inadvertently ignited by enemy fire. Before I could stop it the magazine ignited and...

it was beautiful.

There are 10 good teams in the Pac10. Until there is not. Were in the Pac10. Whats so hard for people to understand?
**** the Pac 10. I'm done with this program if it stays in this ****ing ****show of a conference. I know you love your road trips and hanging with the wine and cheese pricks on the West Coast, Miami, but I'll take watching football with people who give a damn anyday of the week.

The Big 12 is the only choice for CU. How hard is that for you to understand?

I am tying to get my head around the idea of holding the pac together. Assume for a minute that Oregon was told no go on the big (and that they do not have a current interest in the sec or vice-versa).

that ties a lot of hands. B12 is going to want a pretty ****ing solid GoR from any team it adds, especially Oregon. Acc has a pretty ****ing solid GoR that runs for an eternity (whether it holds up for the length is highly questionable). And assume the b12 teams do not feel any real interest in bolting to an expanded pac even if they could get around the rights issues.

There could be actual real truths in the messaging from the pac and the schools. Go get a tv deal and tell us what it looks like and do it fast. This data definitely would help drive decision making. The 30 day clock on the exclusive negotiating window is also interesting. It would be super informative to know what a non-traditional streaming service would pay for the pac rights. And in the course of the various discussions, the conference will better understand the value of adding some g5 teams.

with the big waiting on nd, it appears this whole thing may be slowing down again. We may be hanging here in the unknown for over a month or more. I am guessing the regent meeting was more about “go explore all options” than it was about “approve a move to the b12“ at this point.

i believe i may have previously mentioned how ****ed this whole thing is. I do have one question however about the CU to the sec craziness from non-CU pundits on social media—- would we or vanderbilt be the so called prestige school academically and perennial sports doormat? Lulz lulz.

I am tying to get my head around the idea of holding the pac together. Assume for a minute that Oregon was told no go on the big (and that they do not have a current interest in the sec or vice-versa).

that ties a lot of hands. B12 is going to want a pretty ****ing solid GoR from any team it adds, especially Oregon. Acc has a pretty ****ing solid GoR that runs for an eternity (whether it holds up for the length is highly questionable). And assume the b12 teams do not feel any real interest in bolting to an expanded pac even if they could get around the rights issues.

There could be actual real truths in the messaging from the pac and the schools. Go get a tv deal and tell us what it looks like and do it fast. This data definitely would help drive decision making. The 30 day clock on the exclusive negotiating window is also interesting. It would be super informative to know what a non-traditional streaming service would pay for the pac rights. And in the course of the various discussions, the conference will better understand the value of adding some g5 teams.

with the big waiting on nd, it appears this whole thing may be slowing down again. We may be hanging here in the unknown for over a month or more. I am guessing the regent meeting was more about “go explore all options” than it was about “approve a move to the b12“ at this point.

i believe i may have previously mentioned how ****ed this whole thing is. I do have one question however about the CU to the sec craziness from non-CU pundits on social media—- would we or vanderbilt be the so called prestige school academically and perennial sports doormat? Lulz lulz.

I don't know what the CU to the SEC **** is about, I will say that Mizzou was a huge shock to me in 2011, but that (kinda) made sense geographically. I don't know why anyone would think CU do anything to add to the SEC pie.

Plus holy **** being where we are as right now and playing in a division with (at least) OU, UT, A&M and LSU? I don't think any amount of money is worth that.

Then make an argument for staying in the Pac 10. I'll wait.

Why would their desire for a GoR that could be like the ACC's be a hindrance to the four corners schools joining?

Then make an argument for staying in the Pac 10. I'll wait.

Why would their desire for a GoR that could be like the ACC's be a hindrance to the four corners schools joining?
I don't think it's the best argument, but everyone thought the Big 12 was done in 2012. I think the Pac Schools being mentioned (Utah, CU, ASU, Arizona) have at least as good and if not better brand quality than the schools in the Big 12. And if that includes UW and Oregon, then it's not even close. I don't think we should jump at our first deal. Even if Oregon and UW are looking to leave, if they can't jump to the B1G or the SEC right now, I would rather stick with them for a few years, before they jump.

Let’s look at where the B12 move news is coming from:

-MVHer
-Jason Scheer (d-bag supreme)
-Every ISU fan on twitter
-Every TTU fan on twitter
-Random internet people

Look at this group. 😂 I mean really look at this F ing group. When has this group ever called anything right? Assume the opposite. This is just to say whatever is going to happen is going to feel like a surprise.

guess we are still in the P12. Maybe that regents meeting could be related to getting rid of the P12N and getting on ESPN+.

If people can’t see you play because you are on the P12N, how is that going to help retain fans? How is that going to help with national awards? How is that going to help prospective students want to have a further look into what CU has to offer? How is that going to win new fans especially since we have that Ralphie tradition? And how is that working out for recruiting?

I feel the P12 dodged a bullet from the MWC when they announced their new media deal that didn’t include ESPN+. The MWC is going to look at trying to bridge the gap between them and the P12 given that the LA schools are staying just two more seasons.

If CU stays in the P12 and the P12 doesn’t replace the P12N with something like ESPN+, hello transfer portal!

Last edited:
**** the Pac 10. I'm done with this program if it stays in this ****ing ****show of a conference. I know you love your road trips and hanging with the wine and cheese pricks on the West Coast, Miami, but I'll take watching football with people who give a damn anyday of the week.

The Big 12 is the only choice for CU. How hard is that for you to understand?

Alrighty then.
Bay Area Yes GIF by DICK'S Sporting Goods

The current Big 12 has 100% of its memberships with far superior football products than the one Colorado offers but somehow they’re not good enough. This is comedy.
****, even Kansas beat a better UT in Austin than the one that demolished CU in Alamo bowl.

He’s stuck on the Bears right now in an off field role, shamed by his firing and needs a little pick-me up chance to prove he’s still got it.

He could easily get another blue blood job after rehabbing his HC resume at a school like CU.

He would fit what we need right now perfectly
There’s no room for common sense Coach talk in this thread.

This always amuses me. There’s lots of schools In the SEC with way more academic prestige than CU. There’s no way we could play the “academic” card just because we’re constantly being curb stomped.

After reading RG's one sentence presser, it appears to me that it was nothing more than a shallow attempt to sound like Mel Tucker. "I am fully committed to the University of Colorado" Here today, gone tomorrow. Hello B12.

Not a random person online or clickbait Twitter journalist. Talks definitely on if Athletic is reporting

Not a random person online or clickbait Twitter journalist. Talks definitely on if Athletic is reporting
The local news outlets (Fox 31) have reported it this morning as well.

I still have no idea how an 18 member league with only one, maybe two, “brands” is going to make enough money to sustain anything close to competitive balance as a conference that will still be considered a “power conference”
It won't. But there are no other options. No amount of rearranging of deck chairs amongst the remaining three conference will change the fact that there are only two conferences that matter now.

It won't. But there are no other options. No amount of rearranging of deck chairs amongst the remaining three conference will change the fact that there are only two conferences that matter now.
Well, I do think a merger with the top ACC programs could rival both, but it won’t happen.

Clemson
FSU
Miami
UNC
Duke
VT
UVA
Oregon
Washington
Utah
CU
AZ
ASU
Ok St
TCU
Baylor
TTU
KU

Would be an elite football and hoops conference and would rival both B1G and SEC. Logistics would be a nightmare.

Wild card could be getting ND to join at a higher percentage of the pie

I still have no idea how an 18 member league with only one, maybe two, “brands” is going to make enough money to sustain anything close to competitive balance as a conference that will still be considered a “power conference”

I don’t see it either. I keep hoping, “hey maybe if they got together and they could recruit well enough they could create some really good teams to compete against the other 2 conferences and kinda lock down Texas with all the schools playing in that region.”

But then reality hits and these little ****s all want to be Instagram famous so they’ll go wherever they’ll get the most clicks and the biggest paycheck. I think moving helps, I’m just not sure how much at this point, we’re pretty f’ed. Maybe Amazon will over pay to air college football? Big money donors make football good, ours are useless I guess.

Back