What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

The B10 TV gods will slice and dice the Pac12 (grant money to new member schools) roughly along these value line....

Ranking the most-watched college football programs in 2021​

The numbers next to each school indicate the average number of viewers per week for a 12-week season.

1. Ohio State — 5.22M
  2. Michigan — 4.74M
  3. Alabama — 4.64M

#10 Oregon — 2.57M

#29 UCLA — 1.18M

#32 Southern Cal — 1.11M

#37 Utah — 994K
#38 Washington — 985K

#46 Stanford — 778K
#47 Arizona State — 739K

#59 Washington State — 483K

#64 Colorado — 366K

#67 Arizona — 337K

#69 Oregon State — 321K

#76 California — 222K

Here are all the 2021 regular season games for PAC-12 and Big 12 that pulled more the 2 million viewers, sorted from most to least. The absolute numbers only tell part of the story. The competing games in the same time slot have an effect on viewers, depending on how big a game you are going up against. As you can see the OTA networks pull the best numbers, but they typically show the biggest games.

GAMESCONFNETVWRS
Oklahoma-Oklahoma StateBig 12ABC6.486M
Oregon-UtahPAC-12ABC4.818M
Texas A&M-ColoradoPAC-12FOX4.502M
West Virginia-OklahomaBig 12ABC4.502M
Nebraska-OklahomaBig 12FOX4.210M
Iowa-Iowa StateBig 12ABC3.890M
Oregon-UCLAPAC-12ABC3.845M
Oklahoma-BaylorBig 12FOX3.719M
TCU-OklahomaBig 12ABC3.434M
LSU-UCLAPAC-12FOX3.219M
Oklahoma State-TexasBig 12FOX3.129M
Iowa State-OklahomaBig 12FOX3.103M
Louisiana-TexasBig 12FOX2.879M
USC-Notre DamePAC-12NBC2.868M
Kansas State-TexasBig 12FOX2.861M
Notre Dame-StanfordPAC-12FOX2.743M
Oregon-WashingtonPAC-12ABC2.726M
Colorado-OregonPAC-12FOX2.673M
Oklahoma State-Iowa StateBig 12FOX2.659M
Oklahoma-KansasBig 12ESPN2.645M
Oregon-StanfordPAC-12ABC2.641M
Oklahoma-Kansas StateBig 12FOX2.616M
Oklahoma-TulaneBig 12ABC2.526M
Texas-BaylorBig 12ABC2.395M
Texas-TCUBig 12ABC2.384M
Texas Tech-OUBig 12ABC2.370M
Iowa State-BaylorBig 12FOX2.012M

Last edited:
Most of the members of our Big 12 are no longer part of the conference or are on their way out:

Missouri - gone
Nebraska - gone
Texas A&M - gone
Oklahoma - leaving
Texas - leaving
Kansas - leaving

ISU, KSU, OSU, TTU and Baylor is all that's left.
I don’t care. It is still better football than this BS

USC and UCLA can say goodbye to their Colorado recruiting pipeline now. Shortsighted move by a couple losers. Box state.

Jenny Slate Box GIF by A24

They see us rollin’, they hatin’..
Loop Rolling GIF

cat playing GIF

byu is still going to be a real problem for leadership at a lot of the remaining schools.

big 12 leftovers:

cinn
byu
isu
ku
ksu
osu
baylor
houston
tcu
tech
wvu
ucf

dead pac leftovers:

CU
utah
asu
ua
cal
stan
oregon
osu
uw
wsu

putting this collection together seems improbable at best and even if you add "good" g5 teams, so what?

i hate all this.
Do you really the Pac 12 leadership is smart enough to put even that together? I do not. Here's a literal quote from an interview Kliavkoff did with the Athletic earlier this month:

“I have no concern about our schools,” Kliavkoff said on June 6. “We had the opportunity when conference realignment was going on last summer to canvas our president and chancellors, and it is clear to me that everyone who’s in the Pac-12 is committed to the Pac-12. I’m not worried about that. We’re not looking to expand; we had lots of opportunities to expand. We’re really happy at 12.”

The leadership of this conference has no clue. Its time to go-even if that means back to the Big 12.

i figured a fusker would show up here and gloat. congrats to them on the luck and on being the academic laughing stock of the conference you are in. and it isn't even close. the other conference teams don't just laugh behind your back, they laugh in your face. the cousin ruprecht of college football.

Who is Pac 10 Fight Club?

Also Cal would be the oddest cultural fit for the Big12 imaginable and those roadies to West Virginia would be brutal.
No idea. It just popped up on my timeline and thought it was hilarious seeing CAL to Big 12

Things Colorado has going for it:
  • Location (Center of the country geographically)
  • Market (16th and growing)
  • Destination (Great roady for fans)
  • What am I missing?

As it has been this is all about the money. Who is willing to spend it to win, who gets it, and who generates it for themselves and others.

CU like much of the PAC, like multiple B12 schools, ACC schools either can't or won't play the money game at that level, we and they are out.

This whole thing eventually will settle out to maybe 30 programs, for the most part schools located in areas where college football is their reason for living and they are willing to sacrifice any level of dignity, academically and otherwise to have hope of winning.

CU isn't going to go there, neither is a Cal, a Stanford (might waver and be tempted but in the end they don't need it) and a bunch of other schools.

If you think this process is ugly for schools like CU who are being left out wait until they reach a step further down the line when they kick out the conference members who they don't want around. Schools like Illinois, Kentucky, Vandy, Indiana, etc. are going to find themselves on the outside looking in as well since they don't justify getting $100 million a year + in terms of enhancing revenue rights.

If the power schools just try to kick them out the risk is far to high to be sued for hundreds of millions (could reach billions.) No, eventually the "conferences" called the SEC and the B1G will fade into history and a new organization is formed with those less desirable schools simply not invited.

As it has been this is all about the money. Who is willing to spend it to win, who gets it, and who generates it for themselves and others.

CU like much of the PAC, like multiple B12 schools, ACC schools either can't or won't play the money game at that level, we and they are out.

This whole thing eventually will settle out to maybe 30 programs, for the most part schools located in areas where college football is their reason for living and they are willing to sacrifice any level of dignity, academically and otherwise to have hope of winning.

CU isn't going to go there, neither is a Cal, a Stanford (might waver and be tempted but in the end they don't need it) and a bunch of other schools.

If you think this process is ugly for schools like CU who are being left out wait until they reach a step further down the line when they kick out the conference members who they don't want around. Schools like Illinois, Kentucky, Vandy, Indiana, etc. are going to find themselves on the outside looking in as well since they don't justify getting $100 million a year + in terms of enhancing revenue rights.

If the power schools just try to kick them out the risk is far to high to be sued for hundreds of millions (could reach billions.) No, eventually the "conferences" called the SEC and the B1G will fade into history and a new organization is formed with those less desirable schools simply not invited.
We asked for this when we joined this conference in 2011.

We asked for this when we joined this conference in 2011.
B12 is dead as well, just doesn't know it.

We asked for this when our administration decided that winning football games was not even a low priority. We also couldn't realistically have anticipated NIL and unlimited transfer happening.

Frankly I love college football but even before this all hit it was getting out of line to the actual mission and purpose of the universities. When a recruited player is making more money that any university employee it's hard to justify. When the NIL money exceeds the scholarship funds available for high performing students it's out of line.

I don't have a problem with players getting paid for their talents but don't pretend that they are student athletes. Form a minor league and pay them for playing football. Baseball does it, basketball is starting to.

I find it enteresting that people on this site thought the PAC was such a great cultural fit years ago and how the Huskers made a mistake want to now get an invite to the BIG.

At least you will be U$C’s newest bitch. Ohio $tate must be getting bored with beating you and it will never get old for us Buff fans after we watch the Husker fans leave Folsom Filed for that long ride home next year after another Husker loss in Boulder.

B12 is dead as well, just doesn't know it.

We asked for this when our administration decided that winning football games was not even a low priority. We also couldn't realistically have anticipated NIL and unlimited transfer happening.

Frankly I love college football but even before this all hit it was getting out of line to the actual mission and purpose of the universities. When a recruited player is making more money that any university employee it's hard to justify. When the NIL money exceeds the scholarship funds available for high performing students it's out of line.

I don't have a problem with players getting paid for their talents but don't pretend that they are student athletes. Form a minor league and pay them for playing football. Baseball does it, basketball is starting to.
College football is the NFL's minor league. Has been for years.

Only hope is that they want a legacy school in the Mountain time zone for ALL DAY football scheduling from 10 a.m to 8 p.m.
but if that's the case Utah (God help me) has a case.
It would be Utah over us every day and twice on Sunday. No way we get asked over them.

I’m sure this has been said in various forms already but I gotta vent:

**** Larry Scott, that pretentious dumb****, he started the ball rolling to this day 10 years ago, enjoy your 50 mill ya prick.

And **** the NCAA. What a feckless, bull**** organization of dimwits. You get to sit back and watch this ****show, and say ‘whoopsie!’, cause ya can’t do anything but cause problems—NLI, transfer portal, total ****in mess. Nice work ****o’s.

okay I’m done, sorry.

The Denver Metro area is likely dragging CU into a potential super conference by itself
It is just a market that should be part of it, because as much as other CFB schools are big players, they are in small ****ty places
Problem is we are not built to follow the pathway, unless the Walton's can also buy CU Football and use it as the minor league team
This is not the good thing you think it is. Our 4-8seasons go to 1-11 in a super conference. I’d rather be competitive in the junior tier.

Back