What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

So, the latest check of how the winds are blowing:

OU, UW, Cal & Stanford all counting on a B1G life raft & the B1G is evaluating

UA expected to announce for the Big 12

Big 12 might or might not want to expand beyond 14

I don't see taking all 5 from the Pac-9 if the B1G takes 4. I think that there's interest in having flexibility in the near future after some G5s have invested & shown results along with having room if the ACC breaks. I "think" 16 is the max number right now unless something dramatic happens with the ACC based on whatever FSU is doing.

Hmm. Whatever the pro rata thing actually is, if it's viable, if I was a 4 corner school I'd be bailing for the B12 immediately based on what's out there.

Although this all feels momentous and like anything could happen, it's all short term. Whatever happens, it's all getting blown up again in the next round of negotiations after the subscriber/streaming wars settle out. Not a surprise. Only schools that may be locked in and ****ed for that round are the locked in B12 and the ACC. And of course, the Oregon State's of the world are just ****ed.

UW OU have been pining for a B1G invite for the past year. Now they may have a chance to get it while claiming that they are just accepting a lifeline, not destroying the Pac. Meanwhile, CU gets all sorts of hate for their less greedy move of greater geographic logic. CU's move also motivated by the Pac's inherent instability, mostly because of UW UO's willingness to bolt for B1G and unequal revenue demands (evidenced by the proposal yesterday). It would be interesting to see how low they would be willing to accept. Karma should give them a share close to the B12 amount. Then they can have all the travel and tough CFP road with none of the money. But they would still be happy because they get to feel "elite". F** those guys.

I have no idea of what you are talking about. Any network added to the Media rights deal would have to reach an agreement with Fox, CBS and NBC and I doubt that will happen since the Big 10 network is guaranteed 50 games of inventory.
This adds 48 games, possibly. TBS might be interested. The B1G is properly exploring.

So, the latest check of how the winds are blowing:

OU, UW, Cal & Stanford all counting on a B1G life raft & the B1G is evaluating

UA expected to announce for the Big 12

Big 12 might or might not want to expand beyond 14

I don't see taking all 5 from the Pac-9 if the B1G takes 4. I think that there's interest in having flexibility in the near future after some G5s have invested & shown results along with having room if the ACC breaks. I "think" 16 is the max number right now unless something dramatic happens with the ACC based on whatever FSU is doing.
Pretty sure we see all 4 corners in B12 as long as AZ moves over.

I'm also not seeing why the B1G would add stanford AND cal in addition to Oregon and UW.

Through the looking glass.

Cal and Stanford eases the travel on the west coast schools, they give the B1G the bay area, and the B1G also likes the academic prestige they would bring.

They would obviously come in at a reduced share.

I love being in the life boat so I can piss off the side onto the rats begging for a hand. What a refreshing change of scenery
On this note can Colorado start calling all the Oregon and Wash recruits to offer them a life line to actually be seen next year.

Cal and Stanford eases the travel on the west coast schools, they give the B1G the bay area, and the B1G also likes the academic prestige they would bring.

They would obviously come in at a reduced share.
The distance from LA to SF is about the same as Happy Valley to Ann Arbor. The west coast schools are not close. I think it's more about academic prestige, student recruiting markets and time zone so the rest of the conference would not have to play night home games in the cold to satisfy media contracts.

I love being in the life boat so I can piss off the side onto the rats begging for a hand. What a refreshing change of scenery
It Is What It Is Thats Reality GIF by Snack

I guess instead of PAC-12 After Dark, it will be West Coast after dark. Hope UO, UW & UCLA love night games because that’s all they will have at home.

Back