What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

I've been thinking for a while that what this period of realignment really needed was a WW1 analogy

In June 1914, an archduke was assassinated in Sarajevo by a Serbian terrorist. The cascading domino effect far exceeded the historical importance of that single event, leading to more than 17 million people being killed in World War I. It was a catastrophe rooted in disastrous leadership, old grievances, sticky alliances, faulty logic, a lack of foresight and a surplus of hubris.

While obviously not carrying the same tragic stakes, the realignment of college athletics in recent years has been rife with similar dynamics.

si.com link

driving by to add nothing of value other than saying **** the greedy self-important bastards at USC, UCLA, UT, and OU

the hellscape that somehow combines hyprocritical neo-liberal college admins and capitalistic ADs + media execs deserves to burn to the ground. just sucks to think about how many athletes, students, and fans who want none of this are getting hosed

driving by to add nothing of value other than saying **** the greedy self-important bastards at USC, UCLA, UT, and OU

the hellscape that somehow combines hyprocritical neo-liberal college admins and capitalistic ADs + media execs deserves to burn to the ground. just sucks to think about how many athletes, students, and fans who want none of this are getting hosed
For now. I envision a world, in the near future, where the top 60 or 64 are their own league.

That league is split into 6-8 regional divisions. Division winners + some wild card teams play for a Natty. It's going to be a bit of what we all loved about CFB and the new monster the TV networks have created.

I was told and confirmed they got full shares but I had COVID information it seems. Thanks!

Yes they did get a full share during the COVID season.

Although if you break it down that 20% isn't that far off of a total share of their ACC games. They're obligated to play 5 ACC games per season which averages out to 2.5 road games per season. Based on an 8 game schedule with 4 road games, which accounts for 50% of a full-time member's share, then 2 road games would be 25% of their share. So a true "full share" of 2.5 road games would come out to 31.25%

And just like that CU is left to fade away at the little kids table. This consolidation might have worked for CU if the B1G had waited for another 5-6 years, but having it move this fast means CU is locked out of the B1G and SEC. Yeah, B12 can pick up ACC schools, but nothing premium...Pitt/Louisville/NC State.

Hopefully, the end game is a three conference monster and CU can regularly be king of the little kids table, like back when CU was winning the B12 North.
You must be fun at parties

We’re have to apply b12 remedial math to tell ourselves $50M less year over year isn’t that big of a deal. FSU is literally rioting about it but we’re like hey life is good, we like the b12 Twitter fan accounts.

Notice how Prime he hasn’t said jack s*** about the b12? Nothing. The most outspoken head coach in sports hasn’t said one 👏 thing 👏 about a monumental move?!?!

Anyone believe he’d be this quiet about joining the SEC? Or the B1G? **** NO.

He knows what’s up. This isn’t about focus for the upcoming season. He’s quiet bc the b12 is a junior league.

I know there’s a lot of fans on this board who love the b12, want to visit the towns. Good for you all. Seriously, not even being sarcastic at all. May be hard for some to hear but I can appreciate that most here like the move. I know there’s some good in it. Not trying to change anyone’s mind.

But we have been relegated financially and if this all goes down the way it’s shaping up it could be a permanent financial relegation.

What are you talking about? Did you miss Prime's speech at B12 media day?

[/apoiler]

The Pac12 is fully dead. With the 4 corners coming to the Big12, there are no longer enough teams to meet terms of the Apple deal. Rumors out there that GK has reached out to MW about a merger, but still can't find a TV deal... This is insane.

You have to feel bad for WSU and OSU. Those two schools are getting hosed. Both punched above their weight class and they are going to be relegated to the kiddie table with csewe, Wyoming et al.

We’re have to apply b12 remedial math to tell ourselves $50M less year over year isn’t that big of a deal. FSU is literally rioting about it but we’re like hey life is good, we like the b12 Twitter fan accounts.

Notice how Prime he hasn’t said jack s*** about the b12? Nothing. The most outspoken head coach in sports hasn’t said one 👏 thing 👏 about a monumental move?!?!

Anyone believe he’d be this quiet about joining the SEC? Or the B1G? **** NO.

He knows what’s up. This isn’t about focus for the upcoming season. He’s quiet bc the b12 is a junior league.

I know there’s a lot of fans on this board who love the b12, want to visit the towns. Good for you all. Seriously, not even being sarcastic at all. May be hard for some to hear but I can appreciate that most here like the move. I know there’s some good in it. Not trying to change anyone’s mind.

But we have been relegated financially and if this all goes down the way it’s shaping up it could be a permanent financial relegation.

He's spoken. You were too busy listening to Canzano and Wilner cry about how bad TV is for this sport to care, numbnuts. You can make that argument-but here's the thing........CU's in this spot because (like the conference) this school was mismanaged going back to 2011. The Pac 12 move was a failure, and that's the end of that conversation. Leadership did not care at all up until Rick decided to dump Karl Dorrell last October. CU went along with all of the goofy **** Scott and Kliavkoff have tried to pull, and they're now being punished for it. That's why we're in a spot where we have to go to the Big 12 and hope we can dominate it to the point that the Big 10 or SEC takes us whenever somebody breaks out of the ACC's GoR.

Last edited:
Back