What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

You coast down.

It would also force schools to keep athletics budgets within reason when they do well - and maybe, you know, use the extra money to fund the university's mission rather than pad coaches' bank accounts.
You mean not like drunk toddlers? Unpossible!

You coast down.

It would also force schools to keep athletics budgets within reason when they do well - and maybe, you know, use the extra money to fund the university's mission rather than pad coaches' bank accounts.
"All coach and AD salaries will be halved this year along with all budgets because football didn't win enough games and is now on an FCS revenue plan. We need to keep all football resources in place, though, in hopes we can turn that sport around and become able to fully fund everything else again in the future. I'm sure you understand."

Last edited:
You coast down.

Heads Up Soccer GIF by You Blew It!

This is what happens when you have a weak, ineffectual organization such as the NCAA overseeing all of college athletics. The NCAA is nothing but a figurehead with almost zero authority.

College athletics, especially football, has become everyone for themselves with no regard for the health of the game. It’s like “Survivor” where players create secret alliances.

This is what happens when you have a weak, ineffectual organization such as the NCAA overseeing all of college athletics. The NCAA is nothing but a figurehead with almost zero authority.

College athletics, especially football, has become everyone for themselves with no regard for the health of the game. It’s like “Survivor” where players create secret alliances.
For context, the NCAA was not founded with the intent of being that authority over the sport. The power was always intended to reside with the conferences.

The Big 12 received $32m (#2 behind SEC) from the NCAA tournament last year for their units, which I don’t believe included the 4 new programs. If you add in the 4 G5 programs added(UH, BYU, UCF and Cin), the Pac 12 programs and then consider SDSU and UConn, it would have added an extra $28m to the conference payouts (14 extra units) for a total of $60m. However, $8m of that is from Texas’ 4 units so total conference payout would have been $52m.

So for last year, the 10 members received $32m/10 = $3.2m/ea

Taking the exact same results but removing UT and adding the 10 programs I mentioned would be $52m/18 = $2.8m

That’s also with SDSU and UConn both playing for the championship, so basically best case scenario.

Point being, MBB drives relatively no revenue for the conference, and it’s insane that expansion decisions are seemingly being made based around MBB.

More evidence that we're not in the Big 12 to play school. Introducing Duolingo University, Morgantown Campus.

That money might be better spent on their English department. I don't know if any of you guys were at the game with them in 2008 IIRC, but I had a hard time understanding half the things the WVU fans said.....

Big 12 (18) alleged recommendation to members by Yormark:

Those two would come in 2025 unless both have no issues paying the exit fees for next year. That means giving both schools full shares.

I know UConn football hasn’t been great of late but that AD has been operating on $4M/yr payments from the Big East. The state of CT owns the football stadium and they could be persuaded to pump some money into that stadium and UConn can improve their football facilities. They already have their IPF for at least the last 15 years and has a full size football field.

UConn will be able to quickly upgrade the talent through the portal.

Those two would come in 2025 unless both have no issues paying the exit fees for next year. That means giving both schools full shares.

I know UConn football hasn’t been great of late but that AD has been operating on $4M/yr payments from the Big East. The state of CT owns the football stadium and they could be persuaded to pump some money into that stadium and UConn can improve their football facilities. They already have their IPF for at least the last 15 years and has a full size football field.

BS cfb in the ne is like cfb in cal. It’s a net zero! They could care less. Look at Rutgers! All they care about is pro sports.

I think UConn has more potential than Rutgers

Back