What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

Wilner seems to still be in either the denial or bargaining stage.
Kinda reminds me of our first season in the PaC where ESPN did a satirical look into the future with the 2011 and 2012 ESPN Best Case/Worst case for CU where Jon Embree's daughter's fictional bike played a prominent role.

From 2011:

The 7-5 Buffaloes head to Utah, which is 7-4, with the apparent stakes being a berth in the Sun Bowl. The game is billed as a rivalry game between the Pac-12's two new members.

"Do you guys see this!" an enraged Embree says to his team during a meeting Monday before the game. He holds a bike above his head that it appears someone has vandalized with cheap, red spray paint.

"This is my 15-year-old daughter's bike. Look what they did to it! It used to be black and gold, our beloved colors. And now it is Utah red! Those, those, Utes... they made her cry!"

The meeting room erupts. "They made coach's daughter cry!" rages 6-foot-8 guard Ryan Miller. "We must crush them, see them driven before us, and hear the lamentation of their women!"

It will become known as the "Red Bike Incident." Utes fans will alternately revel in it or deny involvement. Years hence, college football historians will lean back and sagely say, "Yep, that was when those Buffs and Utes really started to hate each other. Might be the most vicious rivalry in all of college football."

Colorado prevails 28-27 in a game that features 195 yards in penalties. The Buffs then stomp Clemson in the Sun Bowl and finish 9-5.

Embree's recruiting class ranks 15th in the nation. The Big 12 falls apart. Nebraska finishes last in the Legends Division of the Big Ten.

The snow comes early and often and is most righteous.

From 2012:

Up next is the Buffaloes most bitter rival... Utah. On Monday, offensive tackle David Bakhtiari walks across the hushed locker room with a cherished piece of Buffs memorabilia: The vandalized bike of Embree's daughter.

Bakhtiari turns, "We will never, ever, forget the beautiful black and golden bike that was made red by our enemies to the West!"

I can’t access the Wilner article, but I can envision a scenario where the PAC is reconstituted. Let’s be honest, this nonsense with four B1G members on the West Coast is absurd.

I can’t access the Wilner article, but I can envision a scenario where the PAC is reconstituted. Let’s be honest, this nonsense with four B1G members on the West Coast is absurd.
And Stanford and Cal in a conference that is based on the East coast. I can't imagine how that's going to work.

For MTZ/PTZ, if we could start from scratch, I think we'd have a pretty great 14-team conference with UW, UO, Cal, Stanford, USC, UCLA, SDSU | UNLV, UA, ASU, Utah, BYU, Boise St, and CU.

Maybe if there was a new D1 with 56 members (8 divisions of 7 teams each) it could also be grouped like this for the west.

For MTZ/PTZ, if we could start from scratch, I think we'd have a pretty great 14-team conference with UW, UO, Cal, Stanford, USC, UCLA, SDSU | UNLV, UA, ASU, Utah, BYU, Boise St, and CU.

Maybe if there was a new D1 with 56 members (8 divisions of 7 teams each) it could also be grouped like this for the west.
I still think the most likely scenario is the B1G and SEC ultimately just keep expanding to create two "divisions" within each conference.

It effectively reconstructs the Pac 12, with potentially adding some other Big 12 programs, while the SEC adds from the ACC and remainder of Big 12 to ultimately create the two super conferences in an NFL style model (AFC/NFC).

I just don't see the media companies allowing USC, UCLA, Oregon and Washington to actually leave the B1G to reform a previously failed conference. Further consolidation of programs and expansion of the entities that the media companies have already gone all in with is far more plausible, IMO.

I was able to read by, as soon as the page started to load, I clicked 'Reader View' on my Mac and the subscription badge couldnt block me.

Anyway, its purely fictional comedy.

Wilner and Canzano have both been varying levels of moronic/ delusional for months now.
I’ve pretty much stopped reading any of Wilner’s stuff because he’s routinely taking passive aggressive pot shots at CU on Twitter. It’s sad because back at the start of the Pac12 he was a great source for info on the league.

And so it is - :ROFLMAO:

Paying $7M each to the MWC just to play MWC teams? I would have gone the Indy route.

Same news in a tweet. Um, ok. 😂 FFS.

giphy.gif

And so it is - :ROFLMAO:

I for one am thrilled to know that I will still get a justified excuse once or twice per year to be in a public setting amongst a large group of people while shouting "Pound the Beavers!"

Last edited:
Yeah but ND didn’t have to pay the MWC $7M.

The WSU “composite” calendar has 200+ athletic events listed for the rest of the year. If 100 of them are home games that seems pretty cheap. Especially if it includes conference tournaments.

13E5DF2A-930D-416D-86F2-8A6D5DBF29E6.png

I’ve pretty much stopped reading any of Wilner’s stuff because he’s routinely taking passive aggressive pot shots at CU on Twitter. It’s sad because back at the start of the Pac12 he was a great source for info on the league.
He was taking passive aggressive pot shots at CU long before this round of realignment started.

He and Canzano are both ass-clowns.

Paywall. where's he going with this?

Delusional. He's basically rooting for the NFL-ism of college football so that he can have what he thinks would be relevant games to cover. Essentially a very few teams will go big time and they'll reform a Pac conference out of the teams that don't make the cut.

What he doesn't realize is that in his scenario, the games he's talking about are going to be as relevant as James Madison against Liberty. Very few people are going to care.

Delusional. He's basically rooting for the NFL-ism of college football so that he can have what he thinks would be relevant games to cover. Essentially a very few teams will go big time and they'll reform a Pac conference out of the teams that don't make the cut.

What he doesn't realize is that in his scenario, the games he's talking about are going to be as relevant as James Madison against Liberty. Very few people are going to care.
Uh his article fantasized about the break up of the ’Super Conferences‘ and a proud return of the Pac12. Thats like the opposite of NFLism.

Uh his article fantasized about the break up of the ’Super Conferences‘ and a proud return of the Pac12. Thats like the opposite of NFLism.

Nah - read it again. He's dreaming of a super league that takes a select few and wrecks the rest of the conferences. He specifically says that USC, Oregon, and Washington are the only teams in the Pacific (and presumably Mountain) time zones that made the cut.

Man, what a season for the PAC 12 even with USC being dog****. Happy Oregon lost. Going to miss this conference and the old college football. Big 12 sucks some major ass but atleast I can still go down to Scottsdale for a football game and make it ti Lawrence for bball.

Would love to see Pac12 win the natty in FB and BB.

I don't think Washington has more than a 5% chance, but maybe Arizona in hoops.

At a minimum would be great to see UW win a semifinal and 3 or 4 teams in the sweet 16 to highlight what the conference should have been.

Back