What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

FSU: Dear court, please save us, we are not making as much money as other schools but we are superior to them.
Court: Where does it show us you were coerced or otherwise the victim of fraud when you signed the legally binding GOR?
FSU: Does it help if we think we could make a better business decision today than when we signed the GOR?
Court: 😂
FSU: 😭☹️😡

Noting that AllBuffs General Counsel disagrees, I've said for years that I am dubious of how binding the GoR's are given that none have been tested in court.

I wonder if there's nerves in the XII offices about the idea of having the ACC's challenged. Will they consider applying pressure to settle out of court to the ACC schools who may be looking to Irving as a safe harbor?

Noting that AllBuffs General Counsel disagrees, I've said for years that I am dubious of how binding the GoR's are given that none have been tested in court.

I wonder if there's nerves in the XII offices about the idea of having the ACC's challenged. Will they consider applying pressure to settle out of court to the ACC schools who may be looking to Irving as a safe harbor?

The B12 should be nervous because the ACC's GoR is based on the Big 12's GoR.

The best solution to all of this realignment is to just blow everything up.

Explosion Starship GIF

I take some issue with 'two' being labeled as 'several', but the points are interesting nonetheless.

Several new bombshell pieces of information came to light during today’s meeting

1. The ACC is not guaranteed any television revenue after 2027. ESPN has a unilateral right to extend the ACC’s media deal after 2027 but hasn’t exercised that option yet. The ACC also extended the window for ESPN for ESPN to pick up that option until 2025 without a vote of the schools or conference directors as was required by the conference bylaws.
  2. Mr. Ashburn stated FSU signed the 2016 Grant of Rights agreement because ESPN gave an ultimatum that it would not enter into any additional media agreements unless the GOR was extended through 2036. He immediately followed that with “We don’t believe that holds water.”
msn link

The ACC, it turns out, has also filed suit against Florida State. That was filed in Mecklenburg County, N.C. That document is asking a judge to rule that the ACC’s grant of rights is enforceable, which would prevent the Seminoles from leaving without paying a nine-figure exit fee.

The ACC’s argument, in short: Florida State accepted and kept money from the ACC, therefore agreeing that its contracts were valid. The conference also argues that North Carolina, not Florida, is the proper venue for the legal dispute.

I can't immediately find a link to the lawsuit itself

link

More future dialogue from the court case:
Court: you put forth as evidence that the ACC and GOR has caused you irreparable harm because your association with the ACC caused you to be left out of the college playoff this year. Is that correct?
FSU: Yes. Plus also the ACC is a stupid poopoo head and we are champions.
Court: okay then. How would you comment on the appearance of ACC teams FSU, Clemson x 6 and defacto ACC member Notre Dame x 2 in the 9 year history of the 4 team playoff system? How does that show a record of the ACC being disadvantaged?
FSU: you are also a stupid poopoo head, we now sue you for holding us accountable for our own actions.
Court: 💩

I don't fault FSU for listing every remotely possible reason in their lawsuit. they're trying to win a court case, and I would expect a party in a nine figure case to use everything possible -- even if they're points they may not agree with in pricinpal

Back