What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

On Tuesday afternoon, the Leon County Circuit Court assigned a judge to the FSU Board of Trustees case against the ACC. John C. Cooper, a judge for the 2nd Judicial Court of Florida will be wielding the gavel when the proceedings begin.

Cooper actually has ties to Florida State as he earned his Bachelor's Degree (BA) from the university in 1972 as well as his Juris Doctor (JD) in 1974. He's been in his current role in the 2nd Judicial Court for 21 years and his reach covers Franklin County, Gadsden County, Jefferson County, Leon County, Liberty County, and Wakulla County.

si link

Rather than start a new thread about this, I figured this thread was as close to a logical place to ask this question: how does someone in the old pac-12 footprint watch Big 12 games when they aren't nationally televised? i actually changed cable carriers years ago just to get the pac 12 network, and so I pretty much was able to see every CU game one way or another. I know they have a Big 12 network, but I doubt my cable company (Xfinity) will offer that where I live. Anyone know if there's an easy way to do this? Or am I going to be scrambling for answers every week CU isn't on a major network? (I realize given the viewing numbers this year we might be on a major netowrk more often than in the past).

Rather than start a new thread about this, I figured this thread was as close to a logical place to ask this question: how does someone in the old pac-12 footprint watch Big 12 games when they aren't nationally televised? i actually changed cable carriers years ago just to get the pac 12 network, and so I pretty much was able to see every CU game one way or another. I know they have a Big 12 network, but I doubt my cable company (Xfinity) will offer that where I live. Anyone know if there's an easy way to do this? Or am I going to be scrambling for answers every week CU isn't on a major network? (I realize given the viewing numbers this year we might be on a major netowrk more often than in the past).
ESPN+ is where the XII's Tier 3 content winds up.

There is a B12 network? Serious question.

As far as I’ve seen, every Big12 game is on Fox, FS1, or nationally televised.

Raycom

This next season I can see the networks finding a way to get CU on. I do not see a sustainable future for all those games (at same time slots) being on just one or two channels.

I just want to buy the live events that I want to watch.

$24.99 for a season pass to steam all CU games, or $3.99 per game.

Instead, I will continue not to feel guilty watching various streams.

The bastards can make me watch ads, and I'd even pay them a few bucks per game, but if they want me to carry a combination of a cable package and streaming services that cost $1k+ annually they can eff off.

I just want to buy the live events that I want to watch.

$24.99 for a season pass to steam all CU games, or $3.99 per game.

Instead, I will continue not to feel guilty watching various streams.

The bastards can make me watch ads, and I'd even pay them a few bucks per game, but if they want me to carry a combination of a cable package and streaming services that cost $1k+ annually they can eff off.
I think something approaching a full PPV model for sports is very possible coming near term. And I think it will suck for the consumer. I'd expect $29.99 per game for an FBS opponent and $19.99 for a body bag game.

I think something approaching a full PPV model for sports is very possible coming near term. And I think it will suck for the consumer. I'd expect $29.99 per game for an FBS opponent and $19.99 for a body bag game.
At those prices, I'd imagine that 80% of purchasers would be bars.

6 million views could go down to, like, 117.

Colorado has an edge on all teams: the skillful use of social media.
Every B12 team needs to have assistant "coaches" for social media only.
And we need a long conference this spring, so all those coaches can learn from CP and associates, how to get things done.

If the B12 tries to equal the SEC and B10, by fielding teams only, it will be a very long haul.
This past year, CP made CU the darling of social media and people across the country.
We need to make the B12, the people's conference, using the same.

interesting op-ed, but no news. free article

I will indulge reasonable arguments to the contrary, but only one event deserves to be called the biggest sports story of 2023.

This is the year college football ate itself.

wsj link

I have wondered the same thing. I mostly watch women's basketball and volleyball. A few women's basketball games end up on one of the ESPN channels but most are on ESPN+. Same for volleyball.

I hope the powers that be in the Big 12 are working on a better package that includes olympic sports as well as the bigger name sports.

I am in Iowa. Most but not all of Iowa State's football games make it on ESPN during the regular season.

On the Big Ten Network, you can buy sport specific or school pacific packages. Colorado does have nearly as many sports as either of those two conferences. The big ones we are missing for me is baseball and softball.

Both conferences have great wrestling programs. Those get air time, although I would never watch one.

This is all for the BIg 12 in 2024. In 2025, the new Big 12 media rights deal kicks in. I'm not sure if that means one more home football game on ESPN+ but we won't be dealing with the P12N anymore.

We won’t be on that early. And if we are on that later in season, I’ll have already thrown my remote out the window and have quit watching!

All the FCS games for the Big 12 schools have been only on ESPN+ for as far as I can remember so NDSU is probably on ESPN+. If not, Cincinnati likely is that game.

I have wondered the same thing. I mostly watch women's basketball and volleyball. A few women's basketball games end up on one of the ESPN channels but most are on ESPN+. Same for volleyball.

I hope the powers that be in the Big 12 are working on a better package that includes olympic sports as well as the bigger name sports.

I am in Iowa. Most but not all of Iowa State's football games make it on ESPN during the regular season.

On the Big Ten Network, you can buy sport specific or school pacific packages. Colorado does have nearly as many sports as either of those two conferences. The big ones we are missing for me is baseball and softball.

Both conferences have great wrestling programs. Those get air time, although I would never watch one.

ESPN thru ESPN+ can stream an unlimited number of contests but there is a significant crew and equipment cost to cover each event. Does anyone know if CU plans to retain their P12 Tv equipment? In theory CU could produce their own content for ESPN+ if theyre willing to spend to make it happen. And if ESPN+ is even willing to pick it up.

Unfortunately its pretty likely when we get to the Big12 next year most all the womens sports will stop getting coverage. There will be a lot more schools now competing for fewer time slots on fewer channels. With the Big10 and SEC having their own networks they have a slight advantage. ESPN otoh has a nation of sports they can pick from. Bowling. Nascar. 🤮

I dont know how a lack of visibility will affect recruiting and what not.

This is my concern. Texas has it's own network and they are leaving the Big 12 anyway.

Big 12 needs it's own network. The Big 10 has it's network and then it has Big Ten Plus. So if a team doesn't make it to a national game, they go to Big Ten Plus. Seems to be student produced for many of the schools.

I will watch the student produced stuff f=if it's out there.

Right with you on bowling and Nascar

This is my concern. Texas has it's own network and they are leaving the Big 12 anyway.

Big 12 needs it's own network. The Big 10 has it's network and then it has Big Ten Plus. So if a team doesn't make it to a national game, they go to Big Ten Plus. Seems to be student produced for many of the schools.

I will watch the student produced stuff f=if it's out there.

Right with you on bowling and Nascar

LHN is going away effective July 1, 2024 when UT joins the SEC.

There's no need for a Big 12 Network if the Big 12 schools are on ESPN+ and that will be part of the new media rights deal that kicks in 2025 and runs to 2030-31.

The ESPN DTC will launch by 2025 and who knows what will be included in that. Maybe ESPN+, SEC+, and ACC+ will be folded into the ESPN DTC.

LHN is going away effective July 1, 2024 when UT joins the SEC.

There's no need for a Big 12 Network if the Big 12 schools are on ESPN+ and that will be part of the new media rights deal that kicks in 2025 and runs to 2030-31.

The ESPN DTC will launch by 2025 and who knows what will be included in that. Maybe ESPN+, SEC+, and ACC+ will be folded into the ESPN DTC.
I don't think you understood the complaint being made in the post you quoted.

Hint: they want a B12 network NOT to watch football or mbb, but women's sports which they don't believe ESPN+ will bother to broadcast.

I don't believe you, or anyone else can say with any certainty what the future coverage of, say B12 women's volleyball is going to look like.

Back