What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU MBB Rankings/NET/KenPom/Bracketology Catch-All

One day, I will stop looking at lunardis projections.

Today is not that day.

The man is a simpleton and a hack. The biggest proof is that he has no P12 team designated as an AQ in his latest bracket, when we know it’s down to CU or Oregon.

Since he left CU in his “last four in”, we can assume that he has the PAC12 AQ as roughly deserving of the same respect as tiny conference AQs.

He also moved Mississippi State (to a 9 seed), Colorado State (to a 9 seed), and Texas A&M (to a 10 seed) and left CU unchanged; I understand that MSU and A&M had good victories yesterday, but CSU LOST to a bubble team.

Plus they all have inarguably worse resumes than CU; the only major metric that puts any of them higher than CU is ESPNs stupid BPI.

5ECF531E-6281-4303-B3C9-442266C5947D.jpeg

Today is not that day.

The man is a simpleton and a hack. The biggest proof is that he has no P12 team designated as an AQ in his latest bracket, when we know it’s down to CU or Oregon.

Since he left CU in his “last four in”, we can assume that he has the PAC12 AQ as roughly deserving of the same respect as tiny conference AQs.

He also moved Mississippi State (to a 9 seed), Colorado State (to a 9 seed), and Texas A&M (to a 10 seed) and left CU unchanged; I understand that MSU and A&M had good victories yesterday, but CSU LOST to a bubble team.

Plus they all have inarguably worse resumes than CU; the only major metric that puts any of them higher than CU is ESPNs stupid BPI.

View attachment 70483
Jerry Palm has been the same too. He's just hidden over at CBS.

Trolley problem:

If Joe Lunardi and Andy Enfield are on the track the train is headed towards, and Dan Lanning and Jason Whitlock on are the other track that you can divert the train to, do you throw the switch?
Kill It With Fire GIF

The variance for what's projected for the Buffs at bracketmatrix seems a lot higher than most other teams; as high as #7, as low as out.

I like how INCC shows their projections, they're high on the Buffs, but with a very wide spread:

1710596944571.png

#5-8 if we win, #7-out if we lose.

I don't know what to think, I agree with @Dark Bohner , that this is dredging up some really bad memories from Tad's first season and getting snubbed.

I think we should be a #5/6 with a win, and a #7/#9 with a loss. Being an #11 would be an insult, but maybe the best case for a path to the second weekend.

Today is not that day.

View attachment 70483
I think this is a great illustration of why SOR >>>>> SOS.

Sure, A&M played a much tougher schedule, but we also won 12% more of our games; so the SOR end up being really close.

The variance for what's projected for the Buffs at bracketmatrix seems a lot higher than most other teams; as high as #7, as low as out.

I like how INCC shows their projections, they're high on the Buffs, but with a very wide spread:

View attachment 70485

I don't know what to think, I agree with @Dark Bohner , that this is dredging up some really bad memories from Tad's first season and getting snubbed.

I think we should be a #5/6 with a win, and a #7/#9 with a loss. Being an #11 would be an insult, but maybe the best case for a path to the second weekend.
I just cannot fathom how a team could finish in the top 30 of NET, KenPom and (probably) SOR and be left out, especially with some of the teams generating buzz for at large bids.

Today is not that day.

View attachment 70483
BPI also predicted wins for Utah and WSt the last two games before they were played (although the edge to WSU was small).

Last edited:

View attachment 70485

It is ridiculous. I had Colorado as a lock with the WSU win because win or lose against the chards would not matter.

I bet if Arizona had won, Buffs would have have been a consensus lock this morning.

But now Oregon ****ed it all up. If the Buffs don’t get the automatic bid, I think the committee keeps them out because of the “weakness of the PAC 12”.

Trolley problem:

If Joe Lunardi and Andy Enfield are on the track the train is headed towards, and Dan Lanning and Jason Whitlock on are the other track that you can divert the train to, do you throw the switch?
Wrong Oregon coach. As is, Enfield GONE. Put Dana on there and suddenly I have a dilemma.

I cruised around the bracketologists this morning and they all seem to have the Buffs in as a 10 or 11 seed, but we're showing up in three different regions depending on who you look at...

Joe Lunardi has taken the buffs off the bubble. We're a #10 seed in his bracket and playing the Nubs. His drop this morning has us safely in regardless of today's outcome. Let's go win a Championship boys!

Entering today:

#24 NET
#23 KenPom

Games to pay attention to:

COLORADO (24) vs oregon (61), 7pm, Fox

Wisconsin (21) vs Purdue (3), 11am, CBS - Go Boilermakers!

Miss State (32) vs Auburn (5), 11am, ESPN - Go Auburn!

Nebraska (31) vs Illinois (16), 1:30pm, CBS - Go Illini!

Texas A&M (42) vs Florida (28), 1:30pm, ESPN - Go aTm!

Temple (198) vs FAU (33), 3pm, ESPN2 - Go Temple! (we need the AAC as a 1-bid league & FAU needs to lose here to not be an at-large)

New Mexico (22) vs SDSU (18), 4pm, ESPN - Go Aztecs!

NC State (68) vs North Carolina (7), 6:30pm, ESPN - Go Tar Heels! (Don't want a bid theft)

TX Southern (276) vs Grambling (285), 7:30pm, ESPNU - Go Grambling to make the Dance!

Noob question but as an automatic qualifier (aq) does that mean we are a lock for the ncaa tournament?

I could also see the committee matching us up with CSU in an 8/9 or 7/10 game
Correct me if I’m wrong, but they usually try to not do rematches

We may be at the point where we’re a 8 or 9 seed, which may actually be worse for us.

10 or 11 seed should be just fine. Get in and hope for a couple favorable matchups

Best case scenario is we win tonight and end up a 6 or 7 seed.

Worst case is lose and end up probably a 8 or 9 seed. Makes the 2nd game very difficult

Back