What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU vs CSU

I'm depressed. Good win though. This team is not going anywhere.

Unfortunately that is too true....lots of high expectations to start the year, but without the big man they're not going to surprise anyone in the Big 12 like they did last year

Going to struggle mightily in conference play

Team isn't going to win a bunch but this year Tad could establish this as a team that plays hard, plays physical, plays team ball.

First step in building a program is to establish an identity, a way of doing things. If they play hard and develop I will be happy.

Team isn't going to win a bunch but this year Tad could establish this as a team that plays hard, plays physical, plays team ball.

First step in building a program is to establish an identity, a way of doing things. If they play hard and develop I will be happy.

First step is for cu to somehow find ONE damn BIG man who's decent . Until we have any inside game, this team will get killed in conference play.

CSU fans whining about the refs and ft disparity. They ****ing played hack a shaq for the last 9 minutes. **** CSU, I wish we'd end everything with them.

CSU fans are bitching about the refs? I felt like we were playing a ****ing road game.

I'm depressed. Good win though. This team is not going anywhere.

You guys are seeing what I saw @ USF. This team is not very good and the tourney is a pipe dream. The NIT is a far more realistic goal and I think we'll be hard pressed to make achieve it. But hey, we are 5-3, right? One never knows...

My takes on the first game I've had a chance to see in person this year: Burks is special offensively, but he is attrocious defensively. He can't guard his own shadow. Higgins looked solid, but I don't see how he's being considered an NBA talent. And he's got to make those free throws down the stretch in regulation. I really liked what Tomlinson did tonight, ran the show and played his tail off on defense. Relaford is frustrating to watch, he's got all the physical tools, he makes some wow plays sometimes, but other times he looks completely lost. When we get stops and get out in transition, we are very, very difficult to guard. But, we struggle miserably getting stops. All in all a good win against a solid team.

Loved the Ovation Embo got when he came out at the first media time out. Also really loved him calling out the students telling them they need to be there at kickoff and before come football time. I'm loving Embo more and more all the time.

Phew...a win over your rival is a win over a rival. I agree with the sentiment that CU will probably disappoint in conference play due to the lack of an inside game. But if the Buffs play hard and compete, I will be very happy with the state of the basketball program.

Knew it was going to be a dogfight tonight, so this was a good win. Team needs to still find its identity, or they will struggle in conference play. Would be nice to be 7-1 instead of 5-3 heading into the exam break, but we're still not in bad shape. We'll be 7-3 after Citadel and Longwood heading into Vegas to play New Mexico. Not bad...

I dunno - CSU shot 60% in the game, but it wasn't necessarily was because of bad defense. Ogide is a good player, but even he hit some crazy-assed shots last night. CU came out and missed some wide-open shots, and Higgins choked on his FTs down the stretch in regulation.

To me, CSU is a decent team that plays hard, but on another night, this game should have been a 10-12 point Buff win. I'll take it as a good sign that we won the game anyway.

As for the inside game, I'll never understand why in the past 15 years, you can count the effective CU big men on one hand and still have fingers left over. Is it so hard to recruit a decent big man to Boulder? We never have effective bigs, and that's why we are never a serious threat to do anything in the conference.

I came away really impressed with Miles. Other than the fact he is a gigantic b*tch (don't whine about every call crybaby), he is a damn good coach and schooled Boyle the final minute. I can understand letting Higgins shoot the free throws once and maybe even twice, but why setup inbound plays for him the third time after he went 1-2 in both of the previous two trips. Get Levi the damn ball, he is our most consistent shooter this year.

I really like the offense that CSU runs and it is way better than the isolation **** that Boyle sets up. I can't even remember how many layups that CSU had and it wasn't just the big men. They would create lanes for their guards to get to the rack and would pass the ball very well. It seemed that when we drove the ball, they would converge and we would throw up a pull up jumper.

I came away really impressed with Miles. Other than the fact he is a gigantic b*tch (don't whine about every call crybaby), he is a damn good coach and schooled Boyle the final minute. I can understand letting Higgins shoot the free throws once and maybe even twice, but why setup inbound plays for him the third time after he went 1-2 in both of the previous two trips. Get Levi the damn ball, he is our most consistent shooter this year.

I really like the offense that CSU runs and it is way better than the isolation **** that Boyle sets up. I can't even remember how many layups that CSU had and it wasn't just the big men. They would create lanes for their guards to get to the rack and would pass the ball very well. It seemed that when we drove the ball, they would converge and we would throw up a pull up jumper.

You need to also remember Miles has been able to work with his kids for 3 or 4 years now (I think). Levi, granted in hindsight would have probably been a better shooter, you have to remember Higgins is still a 90+% free throw shooter, and he takes a lot of free throws, Levi does not. Higgins has been in pressure situations many times before, and normally does well, Levi is more of a unknown, and at times like that you have to go with the law of averages.

So at the begining of the game, all the players took off their shirts, I think to take off their undershirts. Seemed kinda strange, any word on what that was all about?

So at the begining of the game, all the players took off their shirts, I think to take off their undershirts. Seemed kinda strange, any word on what that was all about?

Not exactly sure, but something to the effect that the "gray undershirts didn't match the silver jerseys" per refs.

Not exactly sure, but something to the effect that the "gray undershirts didn't match the silver jerseys" per refs.

From my perspective, that is an accurate description, except it was Miles being bush league and making a big deal out of it from the CSU bench trying to play ridiculous mind games.

Back