What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU vs [REDACTED]- GAME THREAD

Coaching staff has to have spent the last week and the coming week plus figuring out a scheme adjustment to where the ILBs aren’t counted ok as much.
Against a strong running team like Iowa State, we’d better commit some corners to tackling in your world. Maybe we can cover their TEs. I have less confidence in our current personnel’s run tackling.

I'd be shocked if we beat anyone in the Alamo bowl, regardless of who they play. This has been a season well beyond what most of us thought it would be. But the Buffs have been very fortunate from a scheduling and COVID impact standpoint. If we played our original schedule, we likely lose to ASU, USC, and Oregon. We were fortunate to get by UCLA and Stanford. We hung with Utah for a half, but were sorely exposed defensively when Landman went out.... and that problem isn't getting fixed anytime soon. It's been a good season, but I can't see a scenario where it is going to end the way we all want to.

yeah, our run D might get pantsed by ISU. that is a learning experience for the players and the staff. get guys more reps. build depth and experience. and realize you can't hope a nate landman randomly wanders in every so often. did you see the speed of the guys oregon rotated in on defense v. usc?

we have to get faster, bigger, and more experienced.

the alamo bowl is a perfect opportunity for the program. embrace it.

I think its alot to ask for us to fill in for every team and play two bowl games.
Just saying. Tough scheduling there.

(comment only works with the graphic up.. and even then probably not. Late night.)

Give me Texas on Dec. 29. They're dysfunctional enough and I kind of wonder how motivated they'll be for a bowl.

Give me Texas on Dec. 29. They're dysfunctional enough and I kind of wonder how motivated they'll be for a bowl.
I can dig that. I watched ISU, and they are not a bad team at all. Nice to see them leap up. I really don’t want to root against them.

This would work

Valero Alamo Bowl
Alamodome (San Antonio)
9 p.m. on ESPN and the ESPN App

Bonagura: Texas vs. Colorado
Schlabach: Texas vs. Colorado

good match-up a senior QB vs our D, almost a home game for them, they are not that great at the TE position which is what gives our D trouble... Have to get the run game going.

texas will be a good match. they will def have more fans there than us, but it is a good game to make. and we still recruit that state so win it and bring in some guys.

I love the idea of playing Texas. We have a good shot at taking down Texas in Texas at a semi major bowl. Really nothing to lose here. If we lose everyone says yeh. If we win the entire state goes into a tailspin. Very Winnable too, Texas has issues this year, and they have player opting out for NFL.

Back