What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU vs Washington Roll Call

I really liked how that douche Simmons tried to be ****y by slamming it when UW was down 20. :lol: scoreboard bitch.

18. By the band.

Nice recap from Pacific Takes:

Go Fighting 18s! In row 15 just up from the drum kit. I'm the one in a post surgery boot for the next few weeks. On that note - last night I had a buddy in from out of town - so for the second half we left our two season ticket seats and moved up to three together in the bleachers after half - in 20 I believe. There was a young DB (I mean UW) couple just ahead of us - and I believe after the finger roll faceplant from Brown the girl says fairly loud - "if you're gonna foul, make 'em hurt". A response from me, just loud enough for the UW'ers around them to hear of "way to stay classy Huskies" coupled with the continued strong play seemed to do the trick. I love making obnoxious road fans feel awkward when they are seated with their fellow alums. I like it even better when they have nothing on the court to back up their talk.

Don't get me wrong - I am loud, obnoxious, and often inebriated when backing the Buffs at road games - but even so I thought calling for dirty fouls was a bit weak. More power to her if she had responded or went for over the top or witty response - but as expected both she and her guy were humbled and silenced. Sad really, I would have liked to have offered her better alternatives for her mouth.

Go Fighting 18s! In row 15 just up from the drum kit. I'm the one in a post surgery boot for the next few weeks. On that note - last night I had a buddy in from out of town - so for the second half we left our two season ticket seats and moved up to three together in the bleachers after half - in 20 I believe. There was a young DB (I mean UW) couple just ahead of us - and I believe after the finger roll faceplant from Brown the girl says fairly loud - "if you're gonna foul, make 'em hurt". A response from me, just loud enough for the UW'ers around them to hear of "way to stay classy Huskies" coupled with the continued strong play seemed to do the trick. I love making obnoxious road fans feel awkward when they are seated with their fellow alums. I like it even better when they have nothing on the court to back up their talk.

Don't get me wrong - I am loud, obnoxious, and often inebriated when backing the Buffs at road games - but even so I thought calling for dirty fouls was a bit weak. More power to her if she had responded or went for over the top or witty response - but as expected both she and her guy were humbled and silenced. Sad really, I would have liked to have offered her better alternatives for her mouth.
I like that girl.

I totally agree with her, if you are going to foul at least do it right.

I totally agree with her, if you are going to foul at least do it right.

I don't have an issue with that (as long as its the Buffs doing the fouling) - just tired of the years of listening to Kansas fans act like they owned our house with no one saying anything to them. Time to teach opposing fans that either they are going to have to bring their obnoxious "A" game and endure grief the entire time they want to talk, or to STFU and sit there like sheep.

I don't have an issue with that (as long as its the Buffs doing the fouling) - just tired of the years of listening to Kansas fans act like they owned our house with no one saying anything to them. Time to teach opposing fans that either they are going to have to bring their obnoxious "A" game and endure grief the entire time they want to talk, or to STFU and sit there like sheep.
**** yes. REP.

This.

Know your place when you visit the Coors Event Center, bitches!

Always be an asshole, that way you never have to decide.

My gleeb gun is empty, so I'll have to get back to you on this one.

I was reading a UW article somewhere today (i can't find the article now) talking about how UW is athletic and Romer didn't think he needed to play a zone D against CU. I know they went to it in the second half, but imo I don't care how athletic your team is if you scouted CU properly wouldn't you sit back in that zone and make CU beat you that way? I get that coaches have schemes and are against it (Tad is the poster child for this) but don't you you come out in it and not wait to go to it until you are down 10 and in foul trouble?

I was reading a UW article somewhere today (i can't find the article now) talking about how UW is athletic and Romer didn't think he needed to play a zone D against CU. I know they went to it in the second half, but imo I don't care how athletic your team is if you scouted CU properly wouldn't you sit back in that zone and make CU beat you that way? I get that coaches have schemes and are against it (Tad is the poster child for this) but don't you you come out in it and not wait to go to it until you are down 10 and in foul trouble?

When you have the more talented team, it's hard to wrap your head around the idea that you're going to lose playing your game.

Romar is a Lute Olsen disciple. Man-to-man D is what they'll run a vast majority of the time. I do agree that he made a mistake by not switching to the zone earlier, or by not mixing it in more.

I just rewatched the game on tv, a few observations.

Brown played just an amzing game, everthing we were hoping for before the season. Not only was he efficient and agressive on offense, he played great d on wroten. I know wroten got his pts (as he always will) he got a majority of his pts off steals and in tranistion, not against brown in the half court.

Chen provided great energy, i really thought the rotation would be trimmed last night and chen wouldn't play much, he deserves the minutes.

Adams played his best game as a buff, for the first timemhe was interested in rebounding

Simba has bricks for hands, i don't get why he gets so many mins

Booker is fearless, i really like what he brings and can't wait to see hm develop the next few years. He has a good looking shot and release, he will only get better at shooting.

The mayor's off rtg is getting awesme, he is now in the roby/hggins realm.

Dre gets overlooked on this team b/c we all expect him to get 10+ boards a game now, can you imagine if he didn't?

I would love to go to a practice and see tad coach this offense they run, i don't get what they do half the time on offense, i am not so sure they do either.

I just rewatched the game on tv, a few observations.

Brown played just an amzing game, everthing we were hoping for before the season. Not only was he efficient and agressive on offense, he played great d on wroten. I know wroten got his pts (as he always will) he got a majority of his pts off steals and in tranistion, not against brown in the half court.

Chen provided great energy, i really thought the rotation would be trimmed last night and chen wouldn't play much, he deserves the minutes.

Adams played his best game as a buff, for the first timemhe was interested in rebounding

Simba has bricks for hands, i don't get why he gets so many mins

Booker is fearless, i really like what he brings and can't wait to see hm develop the next few years. He has a good looking shot and release, he will only get better at shooting.

The mayor's off rtg is getting awesme, he is now in the roby/hggins realm.

Dre gets overlooked on this team b/c we all expect him to get 10+ boards a game now, can you imagine if he didn't?

I would love to go to a practice and see tad coach this offense they run, i don't get what they do half the time on offense, i am not so sure they do either.

That's the weirdest thing about it, isn't it? I want to be critical of Tad's offensive system, but then I look at the efficiency numbers and I realize I should shut my ignorant, hating pie hole. :lol:

I agree that we've taken Dre for granted, especially in this game.

I thought he stepped up his game last night. He was a monster in the first half. When he was in, we were great. When he sat, I would get worried.

I've always thought he checks out of games for a while mentally, but last night he was amazing. He was in there 1 on 3 sometimes and tipped it around to other guys, if not got those boards himself.

I think this was his best game of the year.

I'm just wondering if Dre isn't just a slow starter, or if he isn't just a guy who really gets up for good competition and can't get focused for cupcakes

I love the fact that Coach Boyle paired them together. More than a few occasions they subbed in and out at the same time.

I was reading a UW article somewhere today (i can't find the article now) talking about how UW is athletic and Romer didn't think he needed to play a zone D against CU.

I said before the game that Romar would drop into zone unless he just didn't respect us enough to actually coach. I guess we have the answer to that.

Does anyone else really like Chen? He knows his role, is very fundamentally sound, and plays very smart. Way under appreciated IMO.

When you have the more talented team, it's hard to wrap your head around the idea that you're going to lose playing your game.

what do you think about the more talented team going to the zone when they are down by double digits? i personally thought that worked against W since it made CU slow down, and eat the clock in that second period...basically W forced CU to slow down about 4-5 minutes into the second half....athletics teams just need to run and play strong man D...imo

I would love to go to a practice and see tad coach this offense they run, i don't get what they do half the time on offense, i am not so sure they do either.[/QUOTE]

I spoke w/ coach R a couple weeks back and he said what looks like total offensive confusion is planned, controlled mayhem.... especially the plays set for carlon and andre!!! as to catching practices, i've seen parts of one by roaming the facility and pretending i was lost and looking for the engineering building.....lol

I love the fact that Coach Boyle paired them together. More than a few occasions they subbed in and out at the same time.

i have to agree w/ you on this one, i thought all season that each would sub in for each other, but those two together on the court really compliment each other both offensively and defensively.... very effective against possibly the most talented team we've seen all season....

Chen is definitely a fan favorite in the making. His game is certainly entertaining, and as previous posts describe - coming in with Ski just as the other team starters are getting gassed can be lethal. Hope they both continue to refine.

I spoke w/ coach R a couple weeks back and he said what looks like total offensive confusion is planned, controlled mayhem.... especially the plays set for carlon and andre!!! as to catching practices, i've seen parts of one by roaming the facility and pretending i was lost and looking for the engineering building.....lol

Goddamn I love Coach Boyle. What is your offense? "Pretty simple: Planned, Controlled Mayhem." That is ****ing bad ass.

wanna talk about what O we run, i watched Ricardo's teams for a decade and i still don't know what we were trying to do. outside Chauncey, Jaquay, or Morandais going 1 on 5 into the lane....never getting the ball inside to Harrison late in a close game (whether either he scores or gets fouled).......that weird, awesome months when Frink had us running plays with Rich Roby....and Ricardo talking about "knocking down shots" in post-game with Zimmer.

anything we do now.....is awesome. and i think Patton gets a bad shake.....he did us OK. he never finished last, for you Bzdelik people.

what do you think about the more talented team going to the zone when they are down by double digits? i personally thought that worked against W since it made CU slow down, and eat the clock in that second period...basically W forced CU to slow down about 4-5 minutes into the second half....athletics teams just need to run and play strong man D...imo

Boyle said in his post-game that he thought it helped us when Washington went zone in the 2nd half since it forced us to burn a ton of clock. It also allowed us to save energy for defense. As long as we're knocking down jumpers like we were on Thursday, you can't zone CU.

What I thought Washington should have gone to earlier was a trap. I worry about us when teams extend out to 30 feet and go 1-3-1.

Boyle said in his post-game that he thought it helped us when Washington went zone in the 2nd half since it forced us to burn a ton of clock. It also allowed us to save energy for defense. As long as we're knocking down jumpers like we were on Thursday, you can't zone CU.

What I thought Washington should have gone to earlier was a trap. I worry about us when teams extend out to 30 feet and go 1-3-1.

Ya, it was a desperation move for sure, what with us up 20 and shooting over 50% from 3. at that point I was ok with no points on offensive possessions as long as they took 25 seconds or more since our D was playing pretty well. (as long as tomlinson was off the floor)

ur 100% right... right out of the gate when adams and chen went in at the 13 min mark, they trapped adams for a turnover... they should have done that the entire second half if they wanted to get back in the game.... ski just made that zone useless in the second half...

Back