What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU wins 24-0, the GOOD, BAD and the UGLY....

Good - Win, Speedy, The D, The Helmets

BAD - Lack of consistent oline play, 4th down attempts, cody's deep ball -

Ugly - We have the worst looking cheerleaders in the nation.
Dude, a friend's daughter is one of the cheerleaders. Just sayin'.

Just watched the 2nd half on tape.. Sorry, went out and played racquetball after halftime. I needed to get some exercise. :lol:

The Good: We won, Defense played with some intensity and Speedy ran well. We got some sacks. Tackled a lot better than the first two weeks.

The Bad: Offense leaves way too many points out there, whether its bad playcalling, missed wide-open receivers or whatever, a decent team on offense would have easily put up 40 on this team. BS call on Major with a hit out of bounds..

The Ugly: The OL is BAD.. Quite possibly the worst OL that I can remember since 2003 ( and I think its worse). Like that line it didn't have a lot of experience, it had a few good players but it just never meshed together. The people on here that thought they played well are really smoking the :canabis: Doesn't seem like we are tough enough at the point of attack. Youth is part of it, but its Wyoming. I mean come on.

THE GOOD

Cu wins 24-0. The defense was great for 60 minutes and got presssure. Beatty,herrod and major played great.They dropped 3 picks though.

THE BAD

CU ol for how big and strong they are get NO push at the line of scrimmage. Johnson needs to get in their *** and demand better. No excuse to keep getting pushed around.

Cody, overthrows, fumbled snaps and never looks anywhere but to mcknight.

The ugly..

24 POINTS and only 7 in the 2nd half? Should have scored 40+ and where was simas,simmons and wright? They can't keep leaving these guys on the bench while espinosa plays.

In the end it's awin and I'm going to enjoy it for what it is but this offense has a ton of work to do.

:yeahthat:

They have about 10 days to prepare for WVU, so the OL and cody had better get there act together by then.

:yeahthat:

They have about 10 days to prepare for WVU, so the OL and cody had better get there act together by then.

Yeah...a "good" coach would relish this opportunity to prepare and get a terrific gameplan in place....#1 priority has to be getting Simas & Simmons on par with Cody, otherwise we'll have to pray for another shutout from the D

For all we know, Cody could still be injured or suffering from the concussion. He's still the QB that beat Oklahoma. If the O-line gets better, Cody will be adequate.

I think this is partially true. With a decent Oline, Cody would look alot better. Maybe. After last year he has developed happy feet, and I don't blame him. He does not usually get time to go back and see what is availible, he has to always be on the lookout for where the pocket is breaking down (it usually is) and has to try to be a QB while running sideways most of the time. Which buys him time, but not many QBs can be great while running sideways. Question is, even if the OL gets better and starts giving him some time and protection, can he settle the happy feet down? I think that can get ingrained after a season or two of running for your life every other passing play. On the other hand, if he coudl get the ball to the wide open WRs, and if the wide open WRs would catch the ball on the off chance it does get to them, it would ease the pressure defenses could put on our OL too. Chicken and egg thing.

Just found it funny that I feel I have read that stat line before. Maybe not necessarily from you. Google works wonderful too.

I didn't say Cody is good. I am just tired of the bashing when we have no better options and unfortunately that has been the case for 3 years. A failure on Hawkins and Barnett's part.

Barnetts fault for not overcoming the witch hunt and doing his job. Double fault for playing Klatt for three handoffs in that Baylor game. And Barnett knew he had ****ed up when he told fans 'You will wish you had Klatt next year!' at the end of the year he was fired. He knew he had recruited some sucky players.

Hawkins fault for not letting Cody go succeed on his own. For not seeing that having your son there would place uneccesary pressure on him and yourself and the program. For not seeing that no QB in his right mond was going to but the lie of 'Best player will play regarless of DNA'.

And (with kudos to Syko) for not recruiting well enough on the DL. A huge part of why our secondary looks bad is that we get no push from the DL. One or two players going down should not hamstring the DL like it has. That is a lack of quality depth, and that is on a coach in his fourth year.

On the other hand, I think he has recruited well on the OL, yet they are getting pushed around like 'a bunch of little pansy boys' (use King Julien voice from Madagascar). Not sure what to think fo that. Still think the team is soft. Loved the hit by the LB, even though he got flagged. If the Qb had taken off running again and saw him coming the QB would have slid I bet.:lol:

Good... SPEEDY! Burton and Smart being replaced by Major and Mohler in the 4th.... I loved seeing those guys in! Lockridgess ONE CARRY!!

Bad: Cody. Still looked like he had his bell wrung.

Ugly: Short running game. Only saw one whole open up the entire game.. GETTING LOCKRIDGE ONE CARRY. I love how that kid runs. I love speedy too, but 32 carries in a game? Too much.

Also, our guards... turnstiles.

Hansen is not the answer. He is no better then Cody...or Lobato for that matter. Otherwise he would be playing. He was beaten out by at least 2 of the QBs in the fall and is redshirting now. Get over the Hansen thing...he wouldnt win a single game more then Cody would. In fact, you could argue he could lose games that Cody wouldnt.

Now to the Good, bad and ugly.

Good: We won

Bad: Had a play on offense with 5 walkons on the field at 1 time.
Had a defense play with 3 walkons on the field at 1 time.

Ugly: The conservative play calling in the second half.
Speedys running style...he stops 2 yards before anyone hits him.
....... Can't agree with you there PB. He ran hard yesterday.

Didnt say he didnt run hard. It is the style that I am talking about. There are times when he needs to just get lower then the defender and continue to run....but he stops dead and tries to make them miss with his "R STICK".

For as "fast" as he is...ever seen him beat the last guy? Never has.

He may not have beaten the last guy, but he beat the first guy a number of times yesterday.

Didnt say he didnt run hard. It is the style that I am talking about. There are times when he needs to just get lower then the defender and continue to run....but he stops dead and tries to make them miss with his "R STICK".

Speedy's really good at making the first guy miss. Makes him a great option when the o-line doesn't get things blocked. Also, he's excellent for those CU offensive plays where the RB is standing still when he gets the handoff. But on the in-line plays that are well blocked, he still dances in the hole.

He makes a lot of guys miss with his style. Not many can start and stop like him. While it gets him caught short on occassion, it allows for a lot of missed tackles as well. He's a jitterbug runner, not Earl Cambell.

You're right, he hasn't broken free on a long one yet, I'm looking forward to seeing him get out in the open so we can truly assess his speed.

All that said, one season and three games in, I have yet to see a compelling reason to think anyone on the team is a superior rb.

He makes a lot of guys miss with his style. Not many can start and stop like him. While it gets him caught short on occassion, it allows for a lot of missed tackles as well. He's a jitterbug runner, not Earl Cambell.

You're right, he hasn't broken free on a long one yet, I'm looking forward to seeing him get out in the open so we can truly assess his speed.

All that said, one season and three games in, I have yet to see a compelling reason to think anyone on the team is a superior rb.
break a long one? That would require our small wideouts to hold their blocks. On a couple of his longer runs yesterday he got pulled down by the CB. I remember one in particular where Espy was just standing there after the guy just pushed him away and went and tackled Speedy. Playing Those small wideouts hurts in so many ways :bang:

The corners and the safeties ran to the ball and made some great tackles. Props to Burney, C.Brown, Smith and Beatty. Each of them stood out on TV for playing smart, getting into the backfield, disrupting passes and hitting hard.

The LB and DL was vanilla. I was expecting better play from the linebackers. None of the LB's really stood out. Of all the DL, Forrest West was the most disruptive from what I could see. He was in on a few tackles, some for a loss. West is my favorite true freshman at this point. He's going to get better and nastier over the next four years.

The offense is the offense. Watching Speedy rack up over 100 yards rushing and a pair of TD's is exciting. Welcome back Rod! The rest of the O is the SOS. I didn't like the play at center, including a bad snap in the 1st Q. The inside line generally is not blowing open holes for the running game. Rodney was squeezing through some tiny creases and doing a lot of spins and jukes to pick up yards. With the right blocking at the line and down field, Speedy could rush for over 1500 yards on the season.

Travis Sandersfield is a sparkplug on kick coverage. Espy has dependable hands on punts returns, but doesn't always run forward.

The corners and the safeties ran to the ball and made some great tackles. Props to Burney, C.Brown, Smith and Beatty. Each of them stood out on TV for playing smart, getting into the backfield, disrupting passes and hitting hard.

The LB and DL was vanilla. I was expecting better play from the linebackers. None of the LB's really stood out. Of all the DL, Forrest West was the most disruptive from what I could see. He was in on a few tackles, some for a loss. West is my favorite true freshman at this point. He's going to get better and nastier over the next four years.

The offense is the offense. Watching Speedy rack up over 100 yards rushing and a pair of TD's is exciting. Welcome back Rod! The rest of the O is the SOS. I didn't like the play at center, including a bad snap in the 1st Q. The inside line generally is not blowing open holes for the running game. Rodney was squeezing through some tiny creases and doing a lot of spins and jukes to pick up yards. With the right blocking at the line and down field, Speedy could rush for over 1500 yards on the season.

Travis Sandersfield is a sparkplug on kick coverage. Espy has dependable hands on punts returns, but doesn't always run forward.

:nod: with him and beatty on the ends, we actually have a pass rush! On one of beatty's sacks Forrest just pushed his man right into the QB, which forced him out and allowed beatty to get around...

I can't believe I didn't mention the Dline earlier. They looked like they got a new coach! I saw stunts, delayed rushes, hell, even different rush tactics. Did someone send bandison a "fundamentals of defensive line play" DVD or something? :lol:

But ya, Forrest is defintely my fav frosh atm. I also liked seeing bonsu in there. Those 2 should get more and more snaps as the year goes on...

Cunningham also played well, he plugged up the middle well and refused to get blown back (unlike the last 2 games...)

I guess I am not sold. I love the win but do not think we learned anything about the team. That was a really bad Wyoming team.

It was good to see Speedy back on the field dropping some sick moves and gaining yards. It was good to get the shutout.

The bad was all over the field though. The delay of games. The O Line did not push a bad Wyoming D Line around. Cody was off on anything downfield. Why so many short out patterns? Cody does not have the arm to make them work. Where are the playmakers at WR (that one has been beat to death I know!).

We will see but I say we get waxed in Morgantown and Austin. This team still is not right and the coaching is still not good. I know we are stuck with Hawk until the end of the season at least, but if we are not competitive over the next couple of games, the chatter about Hawk being over his head is only going to get louder.

Glad for the win, dreading the results of the next 2 games.

Anyone have facebook? If you do, look up the "Dont you wish you lived with Scotty McKnight" page created by whom?

Kind of weird if you ask me?
:huh::wtf:

Im thinking thats an inside joke or a bit of one. You do realize that the Facebook generation is at CU right now. Click on April Leshon. She likes men, women, parties, and sex. :smile2:

Back