1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D-Scott's Facebook Status isn't Encouraging

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by buff4bcs1985, Oct 2, 2009.

1. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

crap

sackman likes this.
  2. fatbuff

fatbuff Well-Known Member

That sux. I cant believe DS is a Christian.

1 person likes this.
  3. BuffLuKe

BuffLuKe Club Member Club Member

OMG, he might not be here next week much less next year.

4. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

what

5. BuffLuKe

I wish I could turn on ESPN right now and it said, "we have breaking news this hour, Colorado AD Mike Bohn has annouced the firing of head coach Dan Hawkins." That would make my day cause its obvious to me, this thing is over. Dan did a good job of cleaning up the image so I think he served his purpose. He can go into the sunset replaying the OU game over and over. One can dream lol.

6. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

you are a stalker

7. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

Yep, that sure sounds like a malcontent kid with a bad attitude, like I keep reading about him.... :rolleyes:

8. PhillyBuff

PhillyBuff Club Member Club Member

because he isnt Jewish right? :cool:

9. BuffLuKe

Well if there was any game for DS to break out and have a big one, next week is his week. How sweet would that be? However, he might need more than 4 carries to do that. Besides, they run plays for him that dont fit his ability anyway, imo.

10. PurifydatA$$

PurifydatA$$ Member

I honestly can't blame the kid for transferring (if he does). Juicebox clearly doesn't deserve that kind of talent

11. Waldo

Waldo Original Copy Club Member

yeah the last time CU had a christian atmosphere we had a totally ****ed up team and results. Good find

12. RuffBuff

RuffBuff Club Member Club Member

i just read his facebook status...it sounds like he has his head on straight and maturity beyond his years....i wish him success here and beyond...

13. Chilly

Chilly Well-Known Member

What have you seen out of Darrell Scott that leads you to believe his a better back than Rodney Stuart?

Not slamming DS, but Stuart appears to the better back from what I have seen.

14. SkiTownUSA

SkiTownUSA Administrator Club Member Junta Member

Very troo. We haven't seen Darrell enough to make judgment on his skill level either. As far as I'm concerned Speedy deserves the starting spot. From what I've seen. Although I'd like to see Darrell more involved than he has been.

15. buffwings

buffwings Club Member Club Member

Hack doenst know what to do with talent. He only gives a shhit about those that bring a lunchpail to work! We will NEVER, f-in EVER be anything with Talkins as HC.:sad2:

16. NashBuff

NashBuff CSU Knob-Slobberer

I'm kind of bothered by DS saying that he has to have many carries to get into a groove when Speedy is able to get going right away. I don't think football teams are built around the running games today like they used to be.

If DS wants to play in the NFL, he might have no choice but to transfer. He just might need a fresh start that's all.

17. Junction

I think Stewart has clearly been better than Scott in the playing time each has had. But is he a more talented running back, or just a running back playing in a system that may be more suited to his talents, and one that has had more opportunities to actually get in a groove carrying the ball more than 3-4 times a game??

18. BuffLuKe

From what we have seen, I think Speedy is the better back at this point hands down. However, we are talking about two totally different types of backs. It is beyond me why we run the same **** for the both of them. I think Darrell would produce at a much higher level with different play calls. DS is not a finesse back so why run finesse plays with him? He is a straight line, get downhill power runner so use him accordingly. Saying all that, we absolutely need both of them to produce. Speedy wont last the year totting the rock 20 plus times a week. He needs DS in the worst way. That's my opinion, what do yall think? By the way, im not implying that Speedy is a finesse back, quite the opposite. I just think you could plug him in to almost any system, he's just a good football player.

19. Chilly

Chilly Well-Known Member

I don't buy the "groove" argument. As a coach would you be willing to waste 10 carries for 2 yards while waiting on your back to get his groove on?

Again. Not a slam on DS. Maybe part of it is the system. But if Rodney is going to keep performing like he is, it is a hard argument to make that DS needs to see more carries so he can get in a groove, when Rodney is going for 90+ yards in the first half.

I have no problem with Stuart as our starting RB.

20. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

2 yds? Scott is averaging 5.4 yds a carry. I know, I keep saying it in different threads, but I think it needs to be said.

21. Chilly

Chilly Well-Known Member

I would think if you changed the plays depending on the RB it would become very obvious for the D to pick up on how to defend by looking at who the back is.

22. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

scott....

vs csu-1 carry
    vs toledo- 12 for what 82yds?
    vs wyoming- 0 Carries
    vs WV- 4 carries.

How can anyone make a judgement on him when he's had 1 game where he got into a groove and looked good? I don't mind speedy starting but he's got to get more carries than 4.

Hawk is always blabbing about having more than 1 rb to carry the load but as usual, his mouth doesn't back up his actions.

23. Chilly

Chilly Well-Known Member

He averaged 1.3 yards on 4 carries last night. So how many carries do you have to give him at 1.3 yards before he finds his groove and hits a big one to raise his average?

He did very well against Toledo and in that game he came out of the gate doing well. The arguement that DS needs more carries to find is groove is bogus in my opinion. If I have to give my RB 5-6 carries before he can get himself going, I am essentially giving putting myself in a bad situation where I have to complete several 3rd and longs in the my first few series. Against Toledo Scott did very well and has hitting gains for 4-5 yards from the starts.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2009
  24. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

More than 4. No matter, speedy got most of his on his own. Our big bad OL can't get a push. Can we get some people with fire and nastiness up front?

25. Junction

And if you have a running back capable of averaging 7 yards a carry on 12 carries in a game (half, basically), how quickly do you give up on him? After 4 carries?? That's not coaching, that's throwing **** at the wall to see what sticks... :huh:

26. Chilly

Chilly Well-Known Member

Again in that game he didn't get in a groove. He came out of the gate getting 4-5 yards a carry. The idea that a RB needs to get a groove going before he can get you 3-4 yards a carry is essentially saying you are giving away 4-5 plays.

27. BuffLuKe

Thats where u mix in screens, play action,etc... It's called coaching. I guarantee we will see the same results we always see if DS and Speedy run the same plays. Besides, why would hurt to try it? Are you saying this is working? Speedy can get 500 yards, does it really matter his production if we lose? We need both of them to produce or we are gonna the same play from behind, throw 50 times a game football.

28. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

I'm just curious how you would have done things differently last night. Speedy put up nearly 100 yards in the first half. If they take him out for Scott people are screaming about taking out the hot back. When Speedy got tired, Scott went in and wasn't productive. In the second half, they were passing more, maybe you can argue they should have kept running more because the game wasn't really out of hand until the end, but even then, wouldn't you still say you go with the guy that has nearly 100 yards already than the guy that has about 10?

Don't get me wrong, these coaches do a lot of stupid ****, but I can't really fault them for the way they used the RBs last night.

29. Chilly

Chilly Well-Known Member

Rodney had 23 yards on his first 4 carries. But we should be playing DS over him?

30. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

Or here's a thought.... you have speedy, scott, simas, scotty, and simmons ALL in for the SAME play.