What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Dan Hawkins fired in Montreal

I actually thought your unedited response was pretty funny.

I thought it ruined your joke. But I will stand by my statement that JJ has the best avatar on here. Especially for a ****.

It's never a bad time to fire Dan Hawkins.

Amen, brother.

I can't believe they hired his ass in the first place, dude is a fake. He might be the worst coach of all time, he had that lost look on his face in the game I watched. Damn that was familiar.

Where were you the last two years? Just a bad memory?

I personally don't understand the hatred for this man. I understand he was a little arrogant. I understand that he didn't do well at CU. I understand that he was here a year or two too long (not his fault). I understand that some of his decisions were controversial and hurt CU.

What I don't understand is everyone rooting for him to fail in life after CU. I wish the man had done better by CU too. I was very happy that Bohn finally fired him so we could move on but I have no problem with him succeeding at whatever else he tries to do in life. I certainly don't root for the guy to continually fail. I know if Hawkins did succeed in Montreal, I would have wondered why couldn't he have done that at CU but I wouldn't have been mad at him.

Don't get me wrong, I am not judging anyone here. This is America (dammit) and everyone is entitled to their opinions. I just don't understand, why so much hatred?

I reserve hatred for the more deserving, like that ass in Cleveland. Hawkins I merely dislike, because he perpetrated a fraud - namely, himself. Just because he seems friendly to you does not make him a nice person. A nice person wouldn't have buried Colorado football.

We hate hawk because he was a terrible coach who destroyed our traditions and left us broke from the buyout which caused us to go cheap and hire Embree.

Anyone's guess where it leads now. Not sure ESPN would even want him back to do those ESPNU games featuring Wake Forest-Boston College anymore now that there's a whole new batch of recently fired head coaches to fill that spot. Does he end up being the color guy for UC-Davis football radio? Maybe he goes and becomes an assistant somewhere (like it or not, someone would hire him) like he should have done instead of being dumbass and attempting CFL head coaching.

Hawk's twitter is as much a piece of work as the man himself... and is as vapid as the man himself. Here is his latest pearl of wisdom:

BRVKCTACIAAKU2L.jpg:large

Hawk's twitter is as much a piece of work as the man himself... and is as vapid as the man himself. Here is his latest pearl of wisdom:

BRVKCTACIAAKU2L.jpg:large

There are some people who won't buy your bull**** no matter how eloquently you shovel it. There are others who will eat it up without bothering to ask about the smell.

Sometimes Hawk comes across as a "enlightened" teenager that has been exposed to a little bit of poetry and philosophy. I wish I would have noticed that much earlier in his career.

The ONLY problem I had with the Hawkins hire from the get go, everything else seemed legit, was Bohn tried to hire a guy who was the right fit for "Boulder" instead of finding the right guy for the program. MB kept saying the fit was right for the town(basically appeal to the hippies and liberals) because he was so obsessed with repairing CU's image after the kicker thing. The best way to do that would've just hired the right guy and started winning. Seems like MB didn't do his homework on the JuiceBox Hero either. I'll never forget Boise fans coming on the DC and saying thank you for taking JB away and leaving them with the Peterson. I attributed it to sour grapes at the time, but wow has that ever proven to be true.

I think this hits the nail on the head. The problem with this "Boulder-guy" thing is that we still have to play 11-man American Football in Boulder. It's the same friggin' game they play at Michigan, Texas and , dare I say, Nebraska! We don't need a "Boulder-guy" we need an American Football Coach!!!! MacCartney was an American Football Coach; Neuheisel was part sheister, part offensive football coach and all self-promoter (think PT Barnum); Barnett was an American Football Coach without the necessary public filter (remember it was Neuheisel who offered Knida the scholarship which Barney honored to his determent - let the circus begin!); Hawkins - what can you say, bring in the clowns! Jon Embree = Excellent TE coach who loves CU but did not have the resources or experience for the awesome task of rebuilding a program that was literally burnt to the ground. That brings us to the new coach who appears to be, once again, and AMERICAN FOOTBALL COACH. Thanks, Bruce; thanks Phil; even a blind squirrel gets a nut once in a while!

I honestly feel bad for the guy at this point. He needs to coach Cal Davis or a hs team

Why should those kids have to suffer.

His ego has gone over the top and at this point I wonder what job he would be good at.

Maybe he can live in a van and become a motivational speaker.

Why should those kids have to suffer.

His ego has gone over the top and at this point I wonder what job he would be good at.

Maybe he can live in a van and become a motivational speaker.

Hawk needs to go back to broadcasting-----dude could be the next John Madden.......without the hall of fame thing, of course.

I think this hits the nail on the head. The problem with this "Boulder-guy" thing is that we still have to play 11-man American Football in Boulder. It's the same friggin' game they play at Michigan, Texas and , dare I say, Nebraska! We don't need a "Boulder-guy" we need an American Football Coach!!!! MacCartney was an American Football Coach; Neuheisel was part sheister, part offensive football coach and all self-promoter (think PT Barnum); Barnett was an American Football Coach without the necessary public filter (remember it was Neuheisel who offered Knida the scholarship which Barney honored to his determent - let the circus begin!); Hawkins - what can you say, bring in the clowns! Jon Embree = Excellent TE coach who loves CU but did not have the resources or experience for the awesome task of rebuilding a program that was literally burnt to the ground. That brings us to the new coach who appears to be, once again, and AMERICAN FOOTBALL COACH. Thanks, Bruce; thanks Phil; even a blind squirrel gets a nut once in a while!

Don't disagree with the overall sentiment of the post. However, Katie Hnida was never on scholarship. She was a walk-on. Neu's hands were probably somewhat tied in an impossible PR situation - hard to cut her as a walk-on when she was (at least minimally) competent. The fact that her dad was a well-connected media personality didn't help. Anyway, water under the bridge now and I'm happy to put the whole incident and the last 10 years behind us.

Don't disagree with the overall sentiment of the post. However, Katie Hnida was never on scholarship. She was a walk-on. Neu's hands were probably somewhat tied in an impossible PR situation - hard to cut her as a walk-on when she was (at least minimally) competent. The fact that her dad was a well-connected media personality didn't help. Anyway, water under the bridge now and I'm happy to put the whole incident and the last 10 years behind us.

Still, **** Neuheisel

Fort Lewis should hire him, he'd fit right in. He could do the zen thing while sitting in a circle around a spruce tree.

Back