What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Davis Webb transfers to Cal, spurns CU

So we have a coach that has CU in contention for true blue-chip QBs for the first time since 2003, and he nearly lands the top senior QB in the nation when CU hasn't sniffed a bowl game in over a decade, and I am supposed to be pissed at MMac?

Not sure if people are being sarcastic or just stupid.

0550e0630e27661e7b5b18fc58bec79c17f698723f75f361c6598abd94a5a603.jpg
Coffee's for closers only!

This staff can't recruit. They will win no more than 4 games this year. They need to go. CU needs to stop going to the bargain bin on football coaches or we will continue to be the worst BCS program in the country.
I think it's fair to say Mac's original staff couldn't recruit. l think it's flat out wrong to say the current staff can't recruit. We already have two 4* players committed, a 3* in Van Diest who looks like a 5* to me and we are in on a ton of other 4* players. If we can play decently this year, we are poised to have our best class in a long, long time. If you don't go after the best you can't get the best. We didn't even try a few years ago. We settled for a lot of 2* guys who didn't have any other P5 offers. Now we are aggressively pursuing big time players. Chiaverini, Leavitt, Tumpkin and Hagan are all guys who can reel in the big fish and it is showing. A couple more staff changes would help even more, but this staff is head and shoulders above MM's original staff as recruiters.

Last edited:
These guys were desperate enough to get a quarterback that they took on two transfers this summer, earned commits, and lost both. That means that there is a huge need for QB, and they don't think they have internal options; yet, they still failed to bring one in. That's a recruiting failure.

If this staff doesn't close on Lytle that is what...5 straight years of QBs with no P5 offers?

Awesome. We're going to suck again. Oh well, 10 years already. What's an 11th? MacIntyre needs to go. Absolutely cannot close the deal.
We might have these great "commits" right now, let's wait until February 2017 when MacIntyre has had to go into living rooms.

Um... he's the biggest transfer QB in the country and a prospective 1st round pick, don't bring that sour grapes stuff in here.
I said it when he was coming here, and I'll reiterate it now. This kid won't get drafted next spring, and a lot of you are going to look silly when he's a just ok player for Cal this year.

I move that Webb's name be stricken from the Allbuffs record as he is no longer worthy of our consideration or thought. He is like dust.

Didn't see the news until watching the sports tonight. I got that crappy feeling in the pit of my stomach thing. Then I read through this thread. I think there is some serious chilling out that needs to be done. While Mac has some serious proving that needs to be made, the shots at him are over the top. IMO.

Hopefully this will, somehow, turn into a positive. Maybe it will galvanize the team and a quality QB will step up.

@mods Just wanted to mention to whoever is running the AllBuff twitter machine, it seems like a slight toward the football guys who are working their asses off to get prepared for the season to have, #isitNovemberyet on there. It sucks that Webb won't be under center, but f*ck him, lets support the guys who are in the weight room busting ass and trying to turn this ship around. Not a good look for the top Buff fan site to be dismissive of our own team.

On the somewhat bright side, we'll have another full season of Montez running the show...possibly.

I really wanted Webb...mainly because of how he'd help change the national view of our program. However, he was never REALLY a Buff,
so I'm turning my attention to those who ARE Buffs.

Maybe the staff knows something we don't about Sefo's recovery or the progression of the QB's on our roster that made losing Webb
more palatable?

I don't know...I'm trying to find a silver lining and it's admittedly tough.

Didn't see the news until watching the sports tonight. I got that crappy feeling in the pit of my stomach thing. Then I read through this thread. I think there is some serious chilling out that needs to be done. While Mac has some serious proving that needs to be made, the shots at him are over the top. IMO.

Hopefully this will, somehow, turn into a positive. Maybe it will galvanize the team and a quality QB will step up.

Serious question: what shots are over the top? MacIntyre has not proven much of anything and only his hardcore supporters would say otherwise.

@mods Just wanted to mention to whoever is running the AllBuff twitter machine, it seems like a slight toward the football guys who are working their asses off to get prepared for the season to have, #isitNovemberyet on there. It sucks that Webb won't be under center, but f*ck him, lets support the guys who are in the weight room busting ass and trying to turn this ship around. Not a good look for the top Buff fan site to be dismissive of our own team.
I am pretty sure that it is a basketball reference.

I can't tell if you're being serious here.
Yes and no. I guess it depends on how you want to look at it. Kind of like how you want to look at the #isitnovemberyet hashtag. If the tweet was out of excitement for the basketball program, then cool. If it was a dig at the football program then that is BS. If it was about the election, God help us.

Last edited:
I said it when he was coming here, and I'll reiterate it now. This kid won't get drafted next spring, and a lot of you are going to look silly when he's a just ok player for Cal this year.

This assumes he even plays much for Cal this year. Unless they promised him the starting gig he is going to face stiffer competition then he would have here.

I'm sure many have seen this already, but DC is one classy dude. This has gained some national exposure as a contrast to the tweets from aTm's coach when Martell decommited.

Yep. Good pub.

I'm sure this coaching staff has an excellent rep in terms of making it about the kids & having their backs.

It's a good thing. W/L trumps all, though, in this biz. Hope it works out. Would be so great to cheer for a program we can be proud of in all aspects.

Went from possible bowl team...to....possible one win team. Webb may not be the second coming....but he had shown he can win....and was needed depth at a position that is pretty scary right now. Coach Mac probably saw his job melting away as he was notified. Lets face it with Mac...he brought in a JV squad of coaches that was a massive recruiting fail. Took two years to realize his DC was crap. Took three years to realize that his OC was mediocre. Still has a lot of JV coaches on the staff that when he gets fired will be headed to FCS ball teams. Mac doesn't really do anything well...recruiting subpar...game day coaching subpar....bad management with exception of Leavitt and Chiv hires... CSU kicked our asses last year with a first year coach...and even though we pulled out an improbable win....seem them better. They got a DT that was recruited by the big boys....6 3 and 310.....and just outrecruited the Buffs for a JC DT from Cali for next year. Assistants at big schools get what is necessary to compete.....Mac has been a failed experiment.....can see Leavitt taking over and making Chiv his OC... Gut punch...bought season duckets and not looking forward to the season....I hope that I am pleasantly surprised. Not likely.

Went from possible bowl team...to....possible one win team. Webb may not be the second coming....but he had shown he can win....and was needed depth at a position that is pretty scary right now. Coach Mac probably saw his job melting away as he was notified. Lets face it with Mac...he brought in a JV squad of coaches that was a massive recruiting fail. Took two years to realize his DC was crap. Took three years to realize that his OC was mediocre. Still has a lot of JV coaches on the staff that when he gets fired will be headed to FCS ball teams. Mac doesn't really do anything well...recruiting subpar...game day coaching subpar....bad management with exception of Leavitt and Chiv hires... CSU kicked our asses last year with a first year coach...and even though we pulled out an improbable win....seem them better. They got a DT that was recruited by the big boys....6 3 and 310.....and just outrecruited the Buffs for a JC DT from Cali for next year. Assistants at big schools get what is necessary to compete.....Mac has been a failed experiment.....can see Leavitt taking over and making Chiv his OC... Gut punch...bought season duckets and not looking forward to the season....I hope that I am pleasantly surprised. Not likely.
There is just so much factually incorrect with this statement I don't know where to even start.

This blows my mind. A kid who supposedly told the coaches he was still going to CU the night before he says he's going to Cal, and the DC Tweets that?? The kid just pooped on CU and all the coaches. Our coaches are soft.
I'm sure many have seen this already, but DC is one classy dude. This has gained some national exposure as a contrast to the tweets from aTm's coach when Martell decommited.

This blows my mind. A kid who supposedly told the coaches he was still going to CU the night before he says he's going to Cal, and the DC Tweets that?? The kid just pooped on CU and all the coaches. Our coaches are soft.

Did you miss the **** storm that happened at TAMU? A HS player de-committed and a coach lashed out at him. Lost 3 or 4 top rated prospects.

I am sure DC is furious. I am sure our entire staff is furious, but you don't need to verbally berate players on twitter. They can handle that issue internally.

Back