What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Do we fire Mac?

He’s got great physical tools, when he applies himself, but I don’t think he’s mentally there, nor will be.

Whatever mental deficiencies Montez has, you hide them and then you build around his strengths. Offseason he must learn touch on his longer passes and give these good receivers a chance to go catch it. He is in pure protection mode and would rather throw the ball away from everyone, including his own guy. OC is the consistent problem, and thus must be fixed. If MM stands pat and goes with the CO-OC bull crap, then he does not get it!

If you’re here and you truly love this school and football you guys should say something.

Rick.George@Colorado.edu

For years I’ve seen fans complain. It takes fan dedication, fan expectation, sellouts and lots of donations to get to the top. If we’re just complaining to complain we won’t solve anything. We need to let George know we expect more and that we’re committed to donating to that cause.
Hmm. So if I don’t email RG I don’t truly love the Buffs?

At the start of the season I picked 5 wins. I thought we’d get one from one of the Arizona schools.
At the beginning of the season I called for the replacement of both line coaches by experienced proven recruiters. If sucks that 12 months later we are in the same place. If MM learns to manage strong recruiters, we will return to a powerhouse. If he remains status quo, we are a five or six win per season team. If he can't sell our AD on how he delivers PAC 12 level recruiting, he needs to go repay her than dragging it out another year. If he can demonstrate how he can maintain last years momentum, then keep him. Unfortunately? I think he lost his chance, and the lack of line depth is something he can’t Juvo his way out of.

After the last 15 years of CU football, I don't even have the heart to be upset at Kroll. What's even the point of having a football program if barely missing a bowl game is one of the "better" seasons, relatively.

Also with the way they mismanaged the expenditures for the new facilities (wasting millions due to poor planning) and having been told "this will make our program competitive with the top" and having this be the result, if I WAS a millionaire donor that helped fund the facilities, I would be thinking long and hard before donating more money to CU football

After the last 15 years of CU football, I don't even have the heart to be upset at Kroll. What's even the point of having a football program if barely missing a bowl game is one of the "better" seasons, relatively.

Also with the way they mismanaged the expenditures for the new facilities (wasting millions due to poor planning) and having been told "this will make our program competitive with the top" and having this be the result, if I WAS a millionaire donor that helped fund the facilities, I would be thinking long and hard before donating more money to CU football

120+ years of CU tradition means something to me. Nothing in your post is compelling enough for me to dial back my future donations and ticket purchases.

Let’s see how RG and the AD reacts to this disappointing season.

120+ years of CU tradition means something to me. Nothing in your post is compelling enough for me to dial back my future donations and ticket purchases.

Let’s see how RG and the AD reacts to this disappointing season.
I certainly hope he does something to show he’s fully committed to making CU a success again. Even if he has to go as far as firing Mac’s coordinators and handpicking the replacement coordinators for him, because I really am at the precipice of just walking away for good. If they keep status quo or just make token changes during this offseason, I’m out.

Almost the entire history of my CU fandom has been nothing but pain. I became a fan in 2004, when I enrolled as a freshman and got to experience just two relatively successful seasons (at the time, I thought 70-3 was about as far as we could fall, but even with that, there was reason for optimism afterwards, as we put in a decent showing against Clemson and I’m almost certain we would have won if Klatt had been healthy enough to play [although I did think to myself at the time, “how did we lose to a program like Clemson?”] before enduring the dark ages that have plagued us, ever since, and I just can’t take it anymore.

Whatever mental deficiencies Montez has, you hide them and then you build around his strengths. Offseason he must learn touch on his longer passes and give these good receivers a chance to go catch it. He is in pure protection mode and would rather throw the ball away from everyone, including his own guy. OC is the consistent problem, and thus must be fixed. If MM stands pat and goes with the CO-OC bull crap, then he does not get it!
So, we build our offense around a 1 WR, short - medium short route that can be thrown at 157 MPH.

Sounds like a great plan

67C642AD-6B35-4954-8888-38BAA8DFBCC3.jpeg
I don't think Mac is going anywhere.
I don’t know if this has already been posted, but I just saw it. So....SerenityBuff is right, Mac isn’t going anywhere unless someone swoops in and takes him. He would have to go a convincing 8-4 next year or in 2019.

Really starting to dislike MM.....his treatment of Leavitt was atrocious. His screaming at players, referees infantile. His failure to acknowledge his own deficiencies frightening. He strutted around last year as if he was the greatest coach in the land (lol..he did win COY)... It is pretty clear that Leavitt was the heart and soul of "The Rise"....in his infectious enthusiasm and skilled coaching and game planning. RG knows this. Cannot imagine he is happy knowing that he extended Goober Pyle for five years recognizing the future is rather uncertain. 3-40 against power 5 bowl teams. Horrible. Cant see more than 2 wins per year in Pac12...and no way does Goober do what Anderson did....

Why did RG give him a new contract after three terrible seasons and just one good season. Even if a new deal was warranted did it really have to be for five years? Did it have to include a sizable raise? And did he really need to 100% of his salary guaranteed? Plenty of other coaches including some who have been more successful then him don't have fully guaranteed contracts.

Of course he wouldn't have been happy without a new deal or with a deal with less favorable terms then what he got. But if he chose to go elsewhere because of it then so be it. And if we had a better season he would be gone whether he had a new contract or not so what difference would it have made?

This new deal and its questionable terms was an unnecessary gamble. Low in potential upside, high in potential downside. And now we're stuck with Macintyre and his albatross of a contract.

Last edited:
If you’re here and you truly love this school and football you guys should say something.

Rick.George@Colorado.edu

For years I’ve seen fans complain. It takes fan dedication, fan expectation, sellouts and lots of donations to get to the top. If we’re just complaining to complain we won’t solve anything. We need to let George know we expect more and that we’re committed to donating to that cause.
Aren't we all over Tennessee's case about this??

In addition to the cost - on Nov 30, we are so far behind the power curve of the coaching carousel that we eat a giant ****sandwich if we fired him now. I realize we're all pissed, but most of us realized that losing your entire defense, defensive coordinator, and d-backs coach in a 3 week period was going to hurt, and it showed.

Back