What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Do we want ASU to upset the UTEs or not?

Utah will win by 20+ tonight and there is zero chance we overtake a one loss Louisville team with a Heisman trophy winner, even if we win out.

Conference Champion is the 1st consideration on their list. Only way a non-champ gets in is if that team is clearly better in every way. Louisville didn't have to play UNC or VA Tech or even Miami this year. I'm not sure that beating Houston or Kentucky, though solid they'd be solid wins, are going to be all that impressive to anyone.

I would never bet on Utah on the road, they lost to Cal and nearly lost to OSU for a reason. They're a different beast at home, but a mediocre team on the road.

Market = # of tv sets
Yeah but CU has shown this year that they aren't bringing ratings or filling the stadium like Utah is so number or TV sets doesn't matter as much. Just like the argument that csu being in the Denver market is somewhat irrelevant.

Yeah but CU has shown this year that they aren't bringing ratings or filling the stadium like Utah is so number or TV sets doesn't matter as much. Just like the argument that csu being in the Denver market is somewhat irrelevant.

What does Utah's home attendance have to do with CFP selection? Besides, Utah only averages around 45 or 46k per home game. That said, they're at capacity and actually saw slight growth while attendance declined nationally. Great fans. But they don't have more of them and their home tv market is #34 (between Kansas City and Milwaukee) while CU's is #17 (between Miami and Cleveland). You're wrong on which team is more desirable from a bowl invite perspective on network revenue considerations. The attendance thing is a wash and the tv markets are hugely in CU's favor locally while also being a bigger national brand that's a bigger story this year and playing a more exciting brand of football for the average fan.

What does Utah's home attendance have to do with CFP selection? Besides, Utah only averages around 45 or 46k per home game. That said, they're at capacity and actually saw slight growth while attendance declined nationally. Great fans. But they don't have more of them and their home tv market is #34 (between Kansas City and Milwaukee) while CU's is #17 (between Miami and Cleveland). You're wrong on which team is more desirable from a bowl invite perspective on network revenue considerations. The attendance thing is a wash and the tv markets are hugely in CU's favor locally while also being a bigger national brand that's a bigger story this year and playing a more exciting brand of football for the average fan.
I'm just saying that the SLC market is more engaged with college football shown by their constant sell outs and higher ratings on tv. Colorado was put on the PAC 12 network consistently for a reason and that's because we don't bring ratings. If it was all about the size of the market then A ton of SEC teams wouldn't be desirable but they always bring ratings because those parts of the country are obsessed with college football. Also I'm not so sure Colorado has a bigger brand nationally right now than Utah and if we do it's not by much IMO.

image_zpse3r9oij5.jpeg

I'd rather be in Boulder (especially after that fumble). Go Utes!

Utah has 19 yards on 10 plays, ASU gives up a P12 worst 6.7 yards per play on average

So if Utah and USC lose and we win this weekend, then a win against Wazzu would clinch the South.

It's going to be a dog fight against Utah. Our defense will be fine and it will come down to how our OL handles their DL.
Agreed. Our D will contain them. All depends if we can get a decent run game going and give Sefo time. We've faced the 3 of the 4 best DLs in the conference...I'm not too concerned about UU.

Back