What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Falo, Umu & Julmisse.

If they do come back I hope they pull things together. Umu may not be a great player but the d has missed someone with some nasty in him this year and Umu has that in ♠️ ‘s

Until Jeffcoat says there are issues, I think i'll believe him over you.....
Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but I have a source deep inside the program that tells me watching the defensive line get blown 10 yards off the ball every running play of every game this season indicate that there are problems.

My "inside source" is my eyes. I'm hoping all 3 players are back on the team, but I also have a sneaking suspicion that MacIntyre tends to kick players off the team for "offenses" that really aren't that serious. If my suspicion is correct, that is really stupid of MacIntyre to do and I really don't like it. My suspicion is born of the fact that so many players that get "kicked off the team" by MacIntyre end up back on the team the next season.

If they are doing something that is truly serious enough to warrant getting kicked off, they really shouldn't be coming back. What I'm trying to say is that I really think most of those guys should have been given suspensions at most, rather than being kicked off. In my opinion, it makes Mac look kinda foolish to say "you're kicked off the team" and then "oh nevermind, you can come back now" the next season. Either kick them off the team or don't. And if you DO kick them off the team, they better have done something REALLY bad, like attempted murder or something

Wow. So much BS to somehow blast MacIntyre for handling suspensions wrongly?:ROFLMAO:
Yeah.

I have my frustrations.

But I like the fact that certain decisions get you sent home while also not kicking these kids to the curb.

Laying out a path back & helping them achieve it is also part of fulfilling responsibilities to these young men and their parents.

It's one of the things I like most about how he stewards our program, actually.

Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but I have a source deep inside the program that tells me watching the defensive line get blown 10 yards off the ball every running play of every game this season indicate that there are problems.

My "inside source" is my eyes. I'm hoping all 3 players are back on the team, but I also have a sneaking suspicion that MacIntyre tends to kick players off the team for "offenses" that really aren't that serious. If my suspicion is correct, that is really stupid of MacIntyre to do and I really don't like it. My suspicion is born of the fact that so many players that get "kicked off the team" by MacIntyre end up back on the team the next season.

If they are doing something that is truly serious enough to warrant getting kicked off, they really shouldn't be coming back. What I'm trying to say is that I really think most of those guys should have been given suspensions at most, rather than being kicked off. In my opinion, it makes Mac look kinda foolish to say "you're kicked off the team" and then "oh nevermind, you can come back now" the next season. Either kick them off the team or don't. And if you DO kick them off the team, they better have done something REALLY bad, like attempted murder or something

You read that and are wondering if it's sarcasm?

^ I mean, I've read some very strange justifications for defending coaches on this forum, that's why I couldn't be sure. There are still people here that try to act like Leavitt isn't a great defensive coordinator and say that he wouldn't have made a difference to our defense this year, for example

Don't blame Leavitt but that really hurt this defense, Jeffcoat is dead weight and Eliot is next.

Yeah.

I have my frustrations.

But I like the fact that certain decisions get you sent home while also not kicking these kids to the curb.

Laying out a path back & helping them achieve it is also part of fulfilling responsibilities to these young men and their parents.

It's one of the things I like most about how he stewards our program, actually.

Good post.

These are young men who have made significant mistakes.

To ignore the mistakes in the interest of winning football games makes you a Baylor or Penn State.

To not give these young men a path to overcome the mistakes and get their lives back on track makes you heartless and probably the kind of person who shouldn't be in a position of influence over college students.

Lots of room to criticize HCMM over many things. While not perfect his handling of player's transgressions isn't one of those.

Lots of wasted space in your post.

On principle, I don't think Julmisse should be allowed to come back. He screwed up big. These children need to learn to act like an adult, or experience the consequences until they do. ....assuming he is guilty of the third degree assault, domestic violence, harassment, and subsequent robbery charges of course. Which, come on....he got arrested AGAIN for robbery while suspended.

Regarding his actual contribution to the team, I know he was supposed to be awesome, but he never impressed me with his kick returns, and I remember him making some pretty sizable mistakes, although I can't recall specifics. Which is to say, it's not like he's Jabrill Peppers.
You’re entitled to your opinion on Julmisse. I’m going to trust the coaching staff on this one. They’re the ones interacting with the young man. I think they have an idea what’s in his heart and, to me, if he’s truly repentant, he deserves another chance. This is about a young man’s life.

You’re entitled to your opinion on Julmisse. I’m going to trust the coaching staff on this one. They’re the ones interacting with the young man. I think they have an idea what’s in his heart and, to me, if he’s truly repentant, he deserves another chance. This is about a young man’s life.
Fair enough

Drunk and passed out on the space bar
I've actually nodded offfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ...err, sorry. Nodded off and woken up to a two page string, haha.

I sure hope they come back. They would have made a difference at the weakest position Group on the team.

The ability to bring players like this back under the right circumstances and pathway is something Mac is pretty good at. Successfully helping these players turn their life around is a magical thing if it works.

I would love to see Phillip Lindsay become a Campus Police Officer like he has mentioned wanting to be a police officer, and that he is specifically attached to the Athletic Department/Football Team to help act as a special figure for the players and the program. I know he wants to be in inner city Denver, but he could become a big part of keeping the program on the straight and narrow with his big heart and can mentor kids.

The ability to bring players like this back under the right circumstances and pathway is something Mac is pretty good at. Successfully helping these players turn their life around is a magical thing if it works.

I would love to see Phillip Lindsay become a Campus Police Officer like he has mentioned wanting to be a police officer, and that he is specifically attached to the Athletic Department/Football Team to help act as a special figure for the players and the program. I know he wants to be in inner city Denver, but he could become a big part of keeping the program on the straight and narrow with his big heart and can mentor kids.
Lindsay will be successful at whatever he decides to do. A guy with fire in his belly like that, I'd hire him for any entry level position that didn't require a specific education background and I'd know he would be a star performer. Sounds like he's found his passion. Denver PD and the community he'll serve will be very fortunate to have him.

Lindsay will be successful at whatever he decides to do. A guy with fire in his belly like that, I'd hire him for any entry level position that didn't require a specific education background and I'd know he would be a star performer. Sounds like he's found his passion. Denver PD and the community he'll serve will be very fortunate to have him.
I believe that in him as well. I don't think it would matter what he did really, he'd put his heart and work ethic into it. Much respect for that.

giphy.gif

IMO Umu is a HUGE litigation risk and shouldn't be brought back under any circumstances whatsoever.

Falo will be a huge boost to the LB group. Hope all 3 can get things straightened out not only in football but more importantly life.

Back