What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Falo, Umu & Julmisse.

The Tumpkin event likely cost CU the services of MM

Most fans don't want MM at CU and those who understand what a winning, quality coach is...definitely do not want MM at CU. So perhaps Tumpkin deserves a 12 pack for his issues which may prompt MM to pack up and leave.

Most fans don't want MM at CU and those who understand what a winning, quality coach is...definitely do not want MM at CU. So perhaps Tumpkin deserves a 12 pack for his issues which may prompt MM to pack up and leave.
Really?

Can someone else take this.....?

Other programs deal with **** like this all the time. Whether it's cheating, sex scandals, players getting paid, coaching staff members getting DUIs, academic scandals, etc. You perception of it happening to CU more than other P5 programs is magnified because you follow CU much more closely.

The issues are probably exacerbated by the fact that CU has an elected Board of Regents that feel the need to pander to their constituents whenever there’s an opportunity to do so.

Gross.

Really?

Can someone else take this.....?

Yes, if MM changes his staff and gets the buffs back on the winning track fans will be happy.

If he continues to go with this staff, continues pouting and not putting enough importance on recruiting, I will gladly help him leave.

How's that?

Tumpkin deserves an ass kicking like the ones he dishes out, he's one of many reasons we have this awful defensive coaching staff, and has our current coach pouting and feeling screwed by CU.

The issues are probably exacerbated by the fact that CU the voters of Colorado has an elected Board of Regents that feel the need to pander to their constituents whenever there’s an opportunity to do so.
FIFY.

50% of my (admittedly small) "donations" to CU are donations to the election funds of pro-athletics candidates for regent.

The only elections that I actively lobby my friends and family back in Colorado about are elections for regent.

I firmly believe if a larger portion of CU's fan base made similar strategic moves in their support that we would get to a much better position faster than any other means.

So few people actually vote in the regents elections that a concerted effort by a large group of CU fans could make a real difference.

One question: Have these guys gone through the student conduct review and satisfied any of those sanctions?

Any indication at all that the other team may be back. In the absence of any news, it seems doubtful.
Apparently, CU was not happy about the Falo news becoming public and after reprimanding journalists who reported it ("it" being basically retweeting Falo)... I'm sure they are all very gun shy to say anything about the other two either positive or negative.

Apparently, CU was not happy about the Falo news becoming public and after reprimanding journalists who reported it ("it" being basically retweeting Falo)... I'm sure they are all very gun shy to say anything about the other two either positive or negative.
I don’t understand this. So a kid who messed up, paid his dues, did what he needed to do to pay for his errors, and is excited to rejoin his teammates is now somehow a bad guy again because he tweeted about it?

I don’t understand this. So a kid who messed up, paid his dues, did what he needed to do to pay for his errors, and is excited to rejoin his teammates is now somehow a bad guy again because he tweeted about it?
No. Any journalist who reported that he tweeted on it is somehow a bad guy.

The tight lid they try to keep on the program verges on the ridiculous.

I think MM's natural tendency is to keep things private. Most SID's lean against this tendency in their coaches, ours encourages it.

Mutually reinforced paranoia of independent media is probably one of the biggest negatives of the current group of personalities...
And this should have been fixed a long time ago. Calling Rick George.

I can see how this might be a bit awkward if his return is still dependent on outside entities beyond the AD’s control.

I can see how this might be a bit awkward if his return is still dependent on outside entities beyond the AD’s control.
Why would it be with Falo? He failed a drug test. That's purely a football issue. The university does not drug test other students.

Why would it be with Falo? He failed a drug test. That's purely a football issue. The university does not drug test other students.
I guess that's a good point, as it applies to Julmisse at least, who may have higher hurdles.
Is there really anything being whispered on these two. With the class we just signed, it would seem Umu would be highly coveted still, although when I see how negative Duff has been, it makes me wonder if there's more to the story. We definitely thought he was competing for a starting spot, or at worse, significant PT, before the suspension.

Back