What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Falo, Umu & Julmisse.

This entire argument personifies the entire new age of late 90/early 2000 me me me babies. The ones who believe it’s their civic duty to judge everyone for their actions and make everything ultra personal.

I don’t worry about anyone else’s business and they shouldn’t worry about mine.

Give me a break - other than a feeling of moral superiority, how does the behavior of a football player actually affect the student body? I went to CU during the Lisa Simpson/recruiting scandal and never once felt I was "associated" with that or felt it negatively affected my reputation.

In fact, this is a good life lesson for current students. It teaches them that life isn't fair and people are treated differently. People in life with unique talents are afforded more mistakes than the average person - get used to it.
This reply from Sinkratz is spot on, IMHO.

Agreed. Now people are posting that the public record of players is none of anybody's business.

It is nobody’s business. It’s not the peanut gallery’s job to run around and let everyone know that someone else’s life is somehow affecting their “reputation.” Hysterical. Just get a life and stop worrying about everyone else.

8dd7aa46d497c98a2bd21cfa44724aa6a34f19876a54028e94097424baa41f2c.jpg
The Dude knows, man.

You need to at least be factual in your arguments. I am all for being cautious with DV incidents, but do not say he was "convicted of beating his girlfriend" because it is just not true.

At least be reasonable in your arguments instead of just putting everyone on blast.
I’d have to agree with you. Nothing worse than debating someone who makes up the story to fit his argument.

This is a coaching decision. Not a fan decision. We don’t know even half the facts including those of the incidents that occurred or how the players have dealt with their punishment. Playing judge and jury on the Internet is just a waste of time. I happen to be a believer in second chances. Especially for 18+ aged kids. But the decision to grant a second chance is no one else’s but the coach, AD and school administration. Between them I’d hope they would make a wise decision.

This is a coaching decision. Not a fan decision. We don’t know even half the facts including those of the incidents that occurred or how the players have dealt with their punishment. Playing judge and jury on the Internet is just a waste of time. I happen to be a believer in second chances. Especially for 18+ aged kids. But the decision to grant a second chance is no one else’s but the coach, AD and school administration. Between them I’d hope they would make a wise decision.
This is the correct answer.

But if we didn't argue about things that don't matter in our lives on the internet, what would we do with our time? Spend it with friends and family?! Come on, DBT.

All I got from this thread was blah, blah, blah...For a moderator, Duff likes to stoke the fire...blah, blah, blah. Blah, blah, blah.

Yeah, supremebuffalo reminds me of the old husker trolls. Sticks to a few phrases surrounded by word-salad, rinse and repeat.

Back