What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#Fire Coach Dorrell

We're one game in. This can get ugly enough for Dr. Phil, RG, and KD to all get fired.
The people who would fire Phil don’t give a **** about football. He won’t be fired anyway. He will be given the chance to retire.

The people who would fire Phil don’t give a **** about football. He won’t be fired anyway. He will be given the chance to retire.
Or told to retire.

The last time we were this bad in football we got a new coach and AD out of it. Only bad news is this team last year (for as incompetent as it was) still lucked into 3 Pac 12 wins because this conference is that ****ing bad

I’d also take #18 (Pat Fitzgerald) in a heartbeat, but there’s no chance he’s actually on the hot seat
Oh I think you call him anyway whenever this job opens again for several reasons. One, he might be the most well known program builder in the sport. We're going to be looking for that type of coach. Two, he might be open to a new challenge. He's been at Northwestern for 16 years, and I think you can make the argument that he's taken that program as far as he can. Three (and here's the kicker), he has CU connections. He played for Gary Barnett at Northwestern. He was a GA here in 1999.

Is getting him likely? **** no. He's a hell of a football coach, and CU MIGHT have a chance to get him because of the above. Take the damn shot anyway. What's the worst he's going to tell you? No?

Oh I think you call him anyway whenever this job opens again for several reasons. One, he might be the most well known program builder in the sport. We're going to be looking for that type of coach. Two, he might be open to a new challenge. He's been at Northwestern for 16 years, and I think you can make the argument that he's taken that program as far as he can. Three (and here's the kicker), he has CU connections. He played for Gary Barnett at Northwestern. He was a GA here in 1999.

Is getting him likely? **** no. He's a hell of a football coach, and CU MIGHT have a chance to get him because of the above. Take the damn shot anyway. What's the worst he's going to tell you? No?
#4, #17, and #18 would have this program in 10x better position, even with shytty Admin

Another name to watch is Ricky Rahne. Old Dominion HC who was with James Franklin for years prior to getting that gig in 2020, mostly as QB or OC.

Rahne grew up in Morrison, CO, and went to Bear Creek before playing his college ball as a QB at Cornell.
Nice call on this guy!
Hot coach alert
I would take him in a minute
Beat Virginia Tech

I like the Kent State coach, which I’ve seen Nik mention. Box score against Washington looks bad but I watched the game and their offense is pretty fun

Rahne looks like a boom or bust type guy. I would be pretty scared with that hire. 2 years as a HC at Old Dominion?

Ricky Rahne should be at the top of our list the minute we can KD
This is the type of talented young coach that we need to hire for about $2.4 Million plus incentives and allow for a solid AC pool.

Buffnik for AD
The ****ty preview emails that I get from the AD would be much more entertaining.

Northwestern is a much better job than CU. And with 100mil rolling in, they can pay him 10mil a year if they want.

Rahne looks like a boom or bust type guy. I would be pretty scared with that hire. 2 years as a HC at Old Dominion?
If James Franklin left Penn State this year, would Ricky Rahne be a candidate? My answer would be, yes. He put them in a top 40 Offensive position, and then has made ODU very competitive.
I think he is plenty good for our little ole job

If James Franklin left Penn State this year, would Ricky Rahne be a candidate? My answer would be, yes. He put them in a top 40 Offensive position, and then has made ODU very competitive.
I think he is plenty good for our little ole job
I don't know if PSU would make that hire considering the budget they have and who they could go for.

But it does bother me how so many fans love the idea of a major program's coordinator, but then seem to downgrade the guy as being some G5 lightweight if he leaves that major P5 coordinator job to run his own show at a smaller program and has success doing so. Shouldn't that elevate a resume?

We're one game in. This can get ugly enough for Dr. Phil, RG, and KD to all get fired.
Are there still enough people that care to make this true? Not trying to ban an ass but I am not sure there is anyone with enough juice that cares enough to make it happen

I don't know if PSU would make that hire considering the budget they have and who they could go for.

But it does bother me how so many fans love the idea of a major program's coordinator, but then seem to downgrade the guy as being some G5 lightweight if he leaves that major P5 coordinator job to run his own show at a smaller program and has success doing so. Shouldn't that elevate a resume?
I think that a Coordinator that has not been a head coach for a long time, or ever, is not that qualified to be a head coach yet. Every one of these guys should go run a program for 2-3 years to see how they MANAGE the entire thing.
Based on how well his offenses run, how he has managed ODU, and how hard they play, he is one to keep an eye on. The key with KD that is so puzzling was that he was not even looking for a College Head Job, and yet he falls into a guaranteed P5 job after being a below-average AC in college and pro?

This Ricky Rahne guy is working his ass off to be great, and KD just stands on the sidelines and cashes checks

The problem with the CU HC job is finding someone dumb/uninformed enough to take the job yet smart/competent enough to do well at the job. And that, folks, is the toughest possible needle to thread.

Are there still enough people that care to make this true? Not trying to ban an ass but I am not sure there is anyone with enough juice that cares enough to make it happen
We said this same thing in 2012 and then went to Fresno and lost by 55.....Embree got canned at the end of that year and Bohn was gone the following spring.

I love the snarky response to Adam and 0 understanding that he is rapidly losing the few left in his corner by avoiding QB talk.

This guy is expensive, uninspiring, incompetent, tone-deaf, AND a prick. Sweet

oh, also the “leaders” were overdramatizing about the team giving up. But don’t worry, Karl called them into the office to train them not to say that again

"back on track"

When were they ever on track ? He always sounds like these loses are anomalies. JFC.
To him they are anomalies. He’s a failing coach. One of the traits that successful leaders have is to embrace their failures, figure out what’s going on, and fix it. KD is not a successful coach and lacks this trait. He sees his failures as anomalies or the fault of others, and thus, there is nothing he needs to correct, other than to keep reinforcing his failing approach. Soon at Lewis trotted out in the second half last week he was again doubling down on his own approach to prove everyone else wrong because he MUST be correct.

Back