What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#Fire Coach Dorrell

Serious question: What would a win against USC, scoring 30+, do for your perception and opinion on Dorrell and staff?
It would obviously improve.

But there would be a good amount of thought about USC being a dumpster fire and wanting to see what the next game brings.

Once is a fluke. Twice is a trend. 3-in-a-row is a fact. That's a good rule of thumb when evaluating players, coaches and teams.

Just got caught up again.

I don't root against Denver, but having the local pro team starting 3-0 while CU continues struggling is going to damage attendance and general fan interest.

I'm way more interested in the Bronco game than I am suffering through another offensive debacle tomorrow. I don't know about the rest of you.

It would obviously improve.

But there would be a good amount of thought about USC being a dumpster fire and wanting to see what the next game brings.

Once is a fluke. Twice is a trend. 3-in-a-row is a fact. That's a good rule of thumb when evaluating players, coaches and teams.
So, first half of USC would be three full games of the most horrid offensive football I've ever witnessed. I can't wait to cement this

Honestly, a loss by USC likely tells me more about USC than Colorado. It probably means that a disheartened USC flat out quit.
Sadly it is very possible that the USC players completely quit and still beat us simply on the talent differential.

If all they are motivated by is looking good for pro scouts and padding their own resumes we aren't good enough to match up to them on a one to one basis.

When you have a team that has lost interest you can sometimes beat them by taking advantage of their lack of coordinated effort but without a competent QB I'm not sure we can do that.

I'm not sure that we could score 20 points on most P5 programs scout teams right now.

Serious question: What would a win against USC, scoring 30+, do for your perception and opinion on Dorrell and staff?
Any other year, I'd take a step off the ledge and see how the next few games went. This year it wouldn't change a thing for me. That USC team got thumped by Oregon State because they've given up. But they will still roll us because you can't upset someone if you can't score.

Any other year, I'd take a step off the ledge and see how the next few games went. This year it wouldn't change a thing for me. That USC team got thumped by Oregon State because they've given up. But they will still roll us because you can't upset someone if you can't score.
I’m starting to think Oregon State may have actually turned a corner and is on the path to being good.

You could have the number one defense in America and CU will still lose this game with their offense. It's that horrid

Reason # 78 to Fire HCKD

24 seconds before halftime CU stops USC to force a punt and the Buffs have one time out to burn and they opt not to use it letting the clock tick to zero. Are you ****ing kidding me? What a bunch on bull ****. Your offense is struggling so why not make USC punt it? Who knows if CU gets a great return or what if they block the punt? This kind of pussy football is just another sign the wrong coaches are in charge.

It occurred to me during the game today that there is an incredible lack of any sort of coaching expertise on the staff with respect to offensive line. So far as I can tell, none of the offensive coaches have any experience coaching OL at the collegiate level, and it shows. Chiv and KD really have only ever coached WR, langsdorf TE and QB, Hagan is only RB, and the TE coach has been pretty much been RB and defense.

given that context, it’s so much more egregious that they hired a HS coach when there was no other expertise on staff, and even more egregious that they didn’t fire him last year.

The part that sticks with me the most is that the recruiting is somehow more atrocious than the coaching. This team is the best we’re going to get for a few years and we’re still staring down 1-11 or 2-10.

Less than 10 years after Embree, we somehow managed to make a hire that was worse. Like Embree, CU better figure out how to get rid of Dorrell after year 2.

The part that sticks with me the most is that the recruiting is somehow more atrocious than the coaching. This team is the best we’re going to get for a few years and we’re still staring down 1-11 or 2-10.

Less than 10 years after Embree, we somehow managed to make a hire that was worse. Like Embree, CU better figure out how to get rid of Dorrell after year 2.
RG's decision to make him the highest paid HC ever at CU pretty much consigns us to a third year on the good ship Dorrell. For that reason alone, when absolutely nobody was competing for HCKD, at least as anything other than a position coach, is reason enough for me to say, thanks, Rick, may I have your keys and badge?

1-11 is most likely going to happen.
If so there needs to be serious discussion if a change at head coach should take place. It's not like recruiting is something this staff can hang their hat on.

RG's decision to make him the highest paid HC ever at CU pretty much consigns us to a third year on the good ship Dorrell. For that reason alone, when absolutely nobody was competing for HCKD, at least as anything other than a position coach, is reason enough for me to say, thanks, Rick, may I have your keys and badge?
This was the worst thing about the KD hire. I was stunned by the hire, but I immediately told myself that we'd pay up for good assistants. After I saw salary, I knew we had no money left.

1-11 is most likely going to happen.
If so there needs to be serious discussion if a change at head coach should take place. It's not like recruiting is something this staff can hang their hat on.

RG slant: Let's not forget that KD was the Pac12 coach of the year just 1 year ago

This was the worst thing about the KD hire. I was stunned by the hire, but I immediately told myself that we'd pay up for good assistants. After I saw salary, I knew we had no money left.
When you have to start a coaching search in February, you pretty much know that you’re going to be digging through the bargain bin for assistants unless you hire a guy who brings everyone with him. Now we absolutely should have upgraded more after year 1.

When you have to start a coaching search in February, you pretty much know that you’re going to be digging through the bargain bin for assistants unless you hire a guy who brings everyone with him. Now we absolutely should have upgraded more after year 1.
Yup, but no money left after KD's cut.

Back