What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

First to the next National Championship

Who will a NC first?

• CU

Votes: 69 76.7%
  • UW

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Fuskers

Votes: 18 20.0%

• Total voters
I voted for Nebraska.

Nebraska has the easiest path to the national championship. They have the most resources of any of the three teams. They play in the weakest division of the best conference of any of the three teams. (They share this trait with CU - but have more resources than CU)

Washington will have a difficult time raising above the level of USC. And since the PAC-10 doesn't have a conference championship game, I think that hurts Washington.

CU doesn't have the resources to legitimately contend for a National Chmpionship anymore.

Nebraska has the resources, plays in a very average division in a major BCS conference (the Big 12 has sent a team to the National Championship it seems like every year or so for the past decade between Texas, Nebraska, and Oklahoma.)

CU will win one in either skiing or cross country first. I think the fuskers Baseball run is over along with their volleyball. I have heard that UW is doing away with sports all together.

don't mess with me, sacky. i am a member of anonymous and i will **** you up. i am your worst ****ing nightmare: an interweb tough guy! fear me. oh, fear me. :rofl:
:rolleyes:

Yeah, like I'm worried about you. You'd have to leave the center of the universe to get to me. And we all know THAT'S never going to happen. :lol:

:rolleyes:

Yeah, like I'm worried about you. You'd have to leave the center of the universe to get to me. And we all know THAT'S never going to happen. :lol:

we INTRAWEB scum know how to **** with you via the tubes and transistors and such. this can be done from the comfort of the center of the universe. i'll just drop one of them worm thingies on your floppy drives and **** like that. :smile2:

and never say "never"-- that's going to leave a mark, you bastard!!!

we INTRAWEB scum know how to **** with you via the tubes and transistors and such. this can be done from the comfort of the center of the universe. i'll just drop one of them worm thingies on your floppy drives and **** like that. :smile2:

and never say "never"-- that's going to leave a mark, you bastard!!!

Oh noes. floppy worms!!!

Run for your lives!!!!!!!!!

CU will win one in either skiing or cross country first. I think the fuskers Baseball run is over along with their volleyball. I have heard that UW is doing away with sports all together.
I'll agree with you in baseball but volleyball? We made it to the national semis this season and were the only team to take a set (2) from the eventual national champ, Penn St. They won the national title in 2006. Doesn't seem like a team on the way down to me.

The UW crew team is a force to be reconned with, as is the NTTIAWWT wrastlin' team in Lincoln.

But CU x-c will be the first to stuff the trophy case.

Don't dis bowling. :sad2:

it is right next to putt putt insofar as sports go. great for a complete waste of time. but not intended to be taken seriously.

think about it - bowling leages are meant to get you out of the house and drinking beer with friends. they are not meant to inspire awe like hockey, hoops, and football do...

Last edited:
it is right next to putt putt insofar as sports go. great for a complete waste of time. but not intended to be taken seriously.

think about it - bowling leages are meant to get you out of the house and drinking beer with friends. they are not meant to inspire awe like hockey, hoops, and football do...

Bowling doesn't inspire awe, but it is excellent! Hater.

Where is none of the above. It could be 20 years before any of the three make it. None show any real coherent direction.

Based on what?

Been a while since I checked this thread.

I base my theory on the fact that I believe Callahan was a very good recruiter and Bo still needs to establish himself as such. The cupboards were not bare this year. I'm also not sold on your last two classes - but maybe this year will be different.

I also believe that Ganz was a hell of a quarterback. Booger Watson's offense aint that easy to run and he did a very good job of it. It doesn't appear you have a good replacement right now.

It will be interesting to see what BO can do when he is coaching his own recruits.

The drop may be as small as a year or it could be longer. JMHO.

Bowling doesn't inspire awe, but it is excellent! Hater.

i do not hate. i play bowling and putt putt after drinking frosty barley pop. they serve their amusements.

still, if cu had a bowling team and they won a national championship, i would not go out of my way to point that out. i would change the subject and ask anyone if they wanted another beer.

Call me crazy, but I would throw Stanford into the discussion as long as Harbaugh doesn't bolt for a better job. They have been garbage for years, and look at the recruiting classes Harbaugh is putting together. They are going to be another "Oregon" to CU fans in that we are going to find ourselves going up against them A LOT for recruits.

They have the same problem as Washington in that they have to get past USC, but they've beaten them recently with far lesser talent than they will put on the field in the next couple years.

They remind me a lot of CU - not a great recent history of winning, fickle fan base, tough academic requirements in a beautiful college setting, energetic coach who knows how to recruit.

If they start winning games, we're going to hate them just like the Ducks.

i do not hate. i play bowling and putt putt after drinking frosty barley pop. they serve their amusements.

still, if cu had a bowling team and they won a national championship, i would not go out of my way to point that out. i would change the subject and ask anyone if they wanted another beer.

I don't think I went out of my way? It was just on the main page of Huskers.com and I immediately thought of this thread and laughed. Bowling is a blast and it gets better the more beers you drink. :smile2:

I'll agree with you in baseball but volleyball? We made it to the national semis this season and were the only team to take a set (2) from the eventual national champ, Penn St. They won the national title in 2006. Doesn't seem like a team on the way down to me.

Run for the ****ing hills!!! It's the bollyball team and they won two sets. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. Here they come!!!!

You never know, things go in cycles and all three teams will have dominant times and down times again, question is when? Things can change fast too, CU went from powder puff losers that won 1 game, and multiple losers to Drake to national champions in less than a decade.

Back