What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

For husker fans

You are correct SJ, there is a chance. I just don't know how good of a chance. If you can't run the ball it will be zero. If you can, and our QB truns it over, you will have a good chance.

I just see, in an error free game(on both sides) giving NU the edge. Too much depth and the Defense is comparable to last year.

I also think CU will need a couple of NU Special Teams gaffes to help.

Three weeks ago a corn win in this game was a given regardless of what else happened. Hawk had completely lost this team (as well as his mind but that's another issue) that even in the best of his days couldn't figure out how to win on the road. Since he has been gone the players are essentially the same give or take an injury or a recovery but the character of the team is completely different. Will that translate on the road? Nobody can say right now but this is a changed team.

If you are counting on a relatively mistake free game from the corn to win then you are in trouble. If Green starts you have to know that he is a bunch of turnovers waiting to happen. On the other hand if Martinez starts, he won't be close to healthy meaning that he will either be pitching the ball or throwing it a lot (off a bad ankle) which are both risky for him at this point. His real strength is his ability to challenge defenses with his running opening up lanes for the rest of the offense. If he can't effectively run then much of his effectiveness is lost.

The script for a nebraska win is a simple one, get out early with a solid lead and put the game on Helu. Avoid penalties and negative yardage plays that put them in must pass situations. If nebraska is forced to pass the ball or to play from behind then the CU dbs and the revitalized pass rush will force game changing plays.

Considering how Speedy has done the past few weeks running the ball and the fact that the CU line is playing much better now than anytime last year when they did well against a nebraska D-line that included the #1 pick in the draft I would say that nebraska definitely wants CU throwing the ball.

Three weeks ago a corn win in this game was a given regardless of what else happened. Hawk had completely lost this team (as well as his mind but that's another issue) that even in the best of his days couldn't figure out how to win on the road. Since he has been gone the players are essentially the same give or take an injury or a recovery but the character of the team is completely different. Will that translate on the road? Nobody can say right now but this is a changed team.

If you are counting on a relatively mistake free game from the corn to win then you are in trouble. If Green starts you have to know that he is a bunch of turnovers waiting to happen. On the other hand if Martinez starts, he won't be close to healthy meaning that he will either be pitching the ball or throwing it a lot (off a bad ankle) which are both risky for him at this point. His real strength is his ability to challenge defenses with his running opening up lanes for the rest of the offense. If he can't effectively run then much of his effectiveness is lost.

The script for a nebraska win is a simple one, get out early with a solid lead and put the game on Helu. Avoid penalties and negative yardage plays that put them in must pass situations. If nebraska is forced to pass the ball or to play from behind then the CU dbs and the revitalized pass rush will force game changing plays.

Considering how Speedy has done the past few weeks running the ball and the fact that the CU line is playing much better now than anytime last year when they did well against a nebraska D-line that included the #1 pick in the draft I would say that nebraska definitely wants CU throwing the ball.

hard to dispute anything in that wall of text.

are the Nebraska fans going to applaud when we win?

The ones not strung out on meth are too fat to properly wipe themselves, let alone get their chubby sausage hands together in applause.

nebraskachick.jpg

The ones not strung out on meth are too fat to properly wipe themselves, let alone get their chubby sausage hands together in applause.

nebraskachick.jpg

Hey thanks,

I was just about ready to go get some dinner, saw your picture of the Omaha trailer park girl next door and lost my appetite.

Back